Montag, 15. Mai 2017

Off The Radar (#475)

Hi,

you would not believe what kind of weekend lies behind me, but hey, I did not forget about scrobbling a bit...

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
  • The Sigourney Weavers : Promotion context + fan times. Their newest single "Candy Donamara" might sound a bit like The Killers, but also like the good old days of The Killers. :)
  • Bear's Den : Fan times. You can't imagine how much I love "Red Earth & Pouring Rain" (both song and album).
  • Barry Gibb : Finally I started to get to know "In The Now", his latest album, that got a few positive reviews.
  • Grouplove : New release alert. I've listened to a few tracks from the "Little Mess - EP"... and a song like "Adios Amigos" could convince me.

Most played artists:

  • Noga Erez : Promotion context. I was lucky to listen to her upcoming album "Off The Radar", which is much more electro than I expected.
  • Bright Light Bright Light : Retro alert. If you listen to "Cinematography 2: Back In The Habit", you might feel some kind of 80s vibe. I think it's a good collection of cover versions.
  • John Mayer : Chill times. I wanted to do a special broadcast about his music, but although picking songs would have been easy for me, I decided not to do that because of the research overhead, that I did not have the right amount of time for. (So I just chose nice songs, which are new.)

Most played tracks:

  • John Mayer - Love On The Weekend : Well, there is this very rare moment, when I get to attend a wedding. And this was the song I chose to get in the mood. :P

News?

█ Oh, Die Toten Hosen are back with a number 1 album ("Laune der Natur"). How predictable. :P
█ Nicki Minaj seems to be very busy these days. Not only does she have a feature appearance at the latest DNCE video/song "Kissing Strangers" but also with her friend Lil Wayne in David Guetta's "Light My Body Up". The latter one sounds a bit catchy, actually.
█ Katy Perry's new video for "Bon Appétit" once again proves, why she is a pop star. Glossy visuals plus a crazy setup with some unexpected twists. Just lovely. Her fifth album "Witness" will come out on June 9. A world tour will also start later this year.
█ What the icon is going on with Madonna? There's been an iTunes release of a song recently, that should even be official, if rumors are true. "Behind Me (feat. Guido Dos Santos)" might be an old demo, it even has a horrible audio ending. But then again... at least it's a new song for my collection.

New in the German charts:

[09] Bibi H. - How It Is (Wap Bap...) : Are you kidding me? People really paid money for this crap? I'm losing faith in humanity here. :(

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen