Montag, 8. Mai 2017

Run With Us (#474)

Hi,

well, with a busy week ahead I should not lose time...

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
  • The Naked And Famous : I'm still amazed how organic the album "Simple Forms" feels. No song is a miss.
  • Bright Light Bright Light : New EP alert. "Cinematography 2: Back In The Habit" starts with a wonderful 80s-retro song called "Run With Us". Can't wait to get to know the rest.
  • Airling : New album alert. A title like "Hard To Sleep, Easy To Dream" makes it hard for me, not to invest some time in an artist/act called Airling, that I haven't known before.
  • LCD Soundsystem : New single alert. It is more a double single, because "Call The Police" and "American Dream" seem equally important. Both songs were also played on SNL last weekend. And also... both tracks are long.
  • Fil Bo Riva : New release alert. I've listened to some tracks from the EP "If You're Right, It's Alright". Nice voice, but not too convincing tunes.
  • The Drums : New single alert. "Heart Basel" will be on the upcoming album "Abysmal Thoughts" and it sounds okay.

Most played artists:

  • Kasabian : New album alert. My first impression of "For Crying Out Loud" surpasses the one of "48:13". The opening is strong.
  • Blondie : New album alert. Wow, "Pollinator" delivers big tunes. Now that's my kind of alternative pop.
  • Mew : Hype alert. Oh, I can't simply get enough of "Visuals" these days - thanks to songs like "85 Videos" and "The Wake Of Your Life". Try it!

Most played tracks:

[nothing to highlight here]

News?

█ Kontra K beat Gorillaz and Ufo361 when it comes to the current German album top 3.
█ Cher will get some kind of lifetime icon award and perform "Believe" once more at the 2017 Billboard Music Awards. That would be her first awards performance in 15 years.
█ Miley Cyrus reinvented herself... at Billboard Magazine.

New in the German charts:

[07] DJ Khaled - I'm The One (feat. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance The Rapper & Lil Wayne) : First thought: I guess there'll hardly ever be a live performance featuring all these collaborators. The song itself sounds like a patchwork made for pleasing many target groups. And best of all: where's the main artist at?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen