Montag, 11. Dezember 2017

Perfect (#505)

Hi,

another week went by - this time with two more concerts that I was attending - Antilopen Gang and Johnossi. With a work life balance like mine these days, it means quite some lack of sleep for me. :(

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
  • The War On Drugs : Fun fact: "A Deeper Understanding" got nominated for best rock album. Yay :)
  • Charlotte Gainsbourg : New album alert. After I heard someone criticizing "Rest" for being too mediocre, I took the time to listen to it myself. And yes, I also was kind of underwhelmed by half of the tracklist.
  • Katy Perry : Fan times.
  • Two Door Cinema Club : While I was busy rearranging my flash drive, I came across "Gameshow". And tbh it's still kind of meh to me.
  • Bear's Den : Fan times.
  • Cigarettes After Sex : Fan times.

Most played artists:

  • Johnossi : Concert context. I have to admit that "Blood Jungle" took me by surprise, because I didn't expect to like it that much. For a short record they created very good rock songs. (And it's my first Johnossi experience.) The concert was epic, too.
  • The Attic Sleepers : Hype alert. I'm totally blown away by "Transit", which will definitely appear on my list of favorite albums of this year.
  • Lulu Gainsbourg : A friend gave me this recommendation, after I've listened to his sister's latest record. Fun fact: Anne Hathaway is featured on "Lady Luck".

Most played tracks:

  • The Attic Sleepers - Advice : Wow. What a song. So calm, so dreamy. It gives me the chills. Please try it, if you need something to calm you down.

News?

█ The Grammy nominations have been announced. Among the most nominated artists: Jay-Z, Kendrick Lamar and Bruno Mars... and among female artists: SZA.
█ U2 didn't make it to the top of the album charts, thanks to Kollegah & Farid Bang, whose new album "Jung Brutal Gutaussehend 3" kicks off very successfull. (See below)

New in the German charts:

[01] Ed Sheeran - Perfect Duet (with Beyoncé) : I guess in Christmas times you can't go wrong with a cheesy love song like this. And if it brings two of the most successfull pop stars together, there's hardly any escape.
[04] Justin Bieber & BloodPop® - Friends : Well, now I know, that there's a commercial context. Damn you, telecommunications marketing strategist.
[05] Kollegah & Farid Bang - Ave Maria : WTF.
[07] Kollegah & Farid Bang - Rap wieder Rap : WTF.
[08] Kollegah & Farid Bang - Es wird wieder Zeit : WTF. I have to disagree. It is not time for music like this. Even though there's a good production team behind the tunes, most lyrics seem just unnecessarily explicit.
[09] Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You : Oh boy, that's the season, right? :P





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen