I guess I'm starting to lose count on all the special radio broadcasts I've planned this year. And this also keeps me busy, like you wouldn't believe. Anyway...
Last week in covers:
- Christine And The Queens : New album alert. "Chris" has gotten some positive reviews. And yes, there's something about her/their music style.
- Cher : New album alert. Considering all the hit songs, that a group like ABBA had, a track list of only 10 songs can be seen as disappointment. But hey, it's a new Cher album. "Dancing Queen" sounds good.
- The Midnight : New album alert. Tbh I am deeply disappointed by "Kids", because there's hardly one track, that feels original. :( (sorry)
- Blossoms : Fan times. I was revisiting "Cool Like You", which kind of grew on me in the meantime.
- Roosevelt : New album alert. Now that it's out, I can recommend you to check out "Young Romance". There is no doubt, that this one will be on my "best of 2018" list. :)
- The Knocks : New album alert. I was really surprised by "New York Narcotic", because I did not expect such a good funk mix.
Most played artists:
- Steiner & Madlaina : Concert/promotion context. Unfortunately the studio visit didn't happen, but I am still very convinced by their debut album "Cheers", which comes out in about 2 weeks. And they put on a good live show.
- Bonez MC & RAF Camora : Promotion context. I was lucky to listen to "Palmen aus Plastik 2" early. And yes, they continue with their sound. But I guess I'm too old for it at some point - but they do have a few nice tracks on it.
- Dota : New album alert. "Die Freiheit" features quite a range of songs. And I think I will revisit some of them, because I like the laid-back way she sings.
Most played tracks:
- Calvin Harris, Sam Smith - Promises : What a catchy tune. I think, this must be the first Calvin Harris track I really like in a long time.
News?
█ Christina Aguilera started her Liberation Tour last Tuesday. The 24 shows mark her concert comeback after 10 years.█ The Knocks not only released a new album, but also a music video for "Brazilian Soul". The clip manages to put feature guests Sofi Tukker in it, plus dreamy visuals of the country and also interesting quotes about life and music.
█ Btw. hip-hop once again topps the German album charts - this week it's Xatar's time - with "Alles oder Nix II".
New in the German charts:
[01] Dynoro & Gigi D'Agostino - In My Mind : Aaand it's back. Funny how I considered to include this track in a DJ set, but I skipped it and chose BTS instead. :)[03] Veysel - UFF (feat. Gzuz) : Uhm, no, thanks, can't really enjoy that. :/
[05] Farid Bang X Capo X 6ix9ine X SCH - International Gangstas : WTF! Seems like everybody can have a 6ix9ine feature these days. oO



Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen