Montag, 6. April 2020

Calm Down (#626)

Hi,

it's Easter week 2020 - and this might be the saddest holidays for me in a long time. But anyway... yet I'm still holding on for better days to come.

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
  • deadmau5 : Workout context. I revisited "while (1<2 li="" okay.="" was="" which="">
  • 070 Shake : Fan times. Still amazed by "Modus Vivendi".
  • Grouplove : OK, after a second spin I can't say that I like "Healer" a lot. :-/
  • Purity Ring : New album and recommendation context. "WOMB" was my first contact to their music. I guess, I will give it a second try.
  • The Human League : Sorry, but apart from two tracks I can't recommend their 90s album "Octopus".
  • SIAMES : Their 2020 album "Home" kept growing on me.

Most played artists:

  • The Weeknd : Fan times.
  • Madonna : Fan times.
  • Avec : New album context. "Homesick" sounds nice. But maybe I expected more.
  • Tiemo Hauer : New album context. "Gespäche über die Vor- und Nachteile des Atmens" impressed me with some nice lyrics, but I guess I need to dig deeper into the new songs.   

Most played tracks:

  • SOPHIA - Alive : This song has become quite dear to me. Please give it a try, if you feel down.
  • Bathe Alone - Calm Down : What a bop!

News?

█ Hailee Steinfeld's new song "I Love You's" samples that big Annie Lennox hit from the 1990s and comes with a stylish looking music video.
█ Pearl Jam's new record "Gigaton" made it to the top of the German album charts... and it's followed by Matthias Reim ("MR20") and The Weeknd ("After Hours").

New in the German charts:

[01] Zuna x Loredana - Du bist mein : Wow, that was weak. But hey, the hype is big. Can't wait to see, what will be at the top next week.
[03] Ufo361 - Allein sein : A two minute track about his lifestyle - like we did not have that before. -.-
[04] Kontra K - Puste sie weg : Tbh I think, that the artist has stronger tracks - with better hooks. But still... I can see, why this might find some appeal.
[08] Luciano - Trippin' : Bo-bobobo-boring. A song, made just for some short hype.
[10] AK Ausserkontrolle x Shindy - Hood : No, thanks. :(


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen