Montag, 13. April 2020

Get Happy (#627)

Hi,

I just experienced an odd Easter weekend and I'm still hoping for better days to come.

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
  • Banoffee : New album context. I could not quite enjoy "Look At Us Now Dad" tbh.
  • Steve Aoki : New album context. "Neon Future IV" contains 27 tracks and many feature guests. But many songs did not convince me, though.
  • Peach Pit : New album context. "You And Your Friends" delivers nice indie tunes.
  • Pearl Jam : New album context. Tbh "Gigaton" is not my cup of tea.
  • Yves Tumor : Curiosity context. "Heaven To A Tortured Mind" seemed a bit boring to me.
  • Tiemo Hauer : New album context. I pretty much enjoyed "Gespräche über die Vor- und Nachteile des Atmens". This kind of German music should get more attention.

Most played artists:

  • The Weeknd : Fan times.   
  • Madonna : Fan times. Have you ever listened to her album "American Life"?
  • HMLTD : Curiosity context. I checked out "Nest Of Eden", but it wasn't that great.

Most played tracks:

[nothing to highlight here]

News?

█ The Knocks released a new single. "Get Happy" (feat. Mat Zo) has a nice build-up and a joyful end part.
█ Pearl Jam are still ruling the German album charts ("Gigaton"), followed by Max Raabe & Palast Orchester ("MTV Unplugged").

New in the German charts:

[01] Ramon Roselly - Eine Nacht : OK, no autotune-infused gangster bling hip-hop for a change. But did it really have to reach this level of cheesy?
[08] Silbermond - Machen wir das Beste draus (homerecordings) : Well, they kind of stayed true to their sound. That's my way of saying, that it could be worse.
[09] Frei.Wild - Nur das Leben in Freiheit : Tbh I don't know, what to think of this song. A simple theme plus dramatic visuals. I just don't know.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen