Montag, 27. April 2020

For The Soul There Is No Hospital (#629)

Hi,

although I had the chance to listen to much music last week, it felt like a bummer to me. :-/ And I should not complain too much...

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
  • Joywave : New album context. Apart from "Half Your Age" the album "Possession" has very little to offer. Consider me sad. :( 
  • Tiemo Hauer : Fan times.
  • Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes : New album context. "What Kinda Music" starts promising, but along the way I lost my interest.
  • Palace Winter : Fan times. What great album "Nowadays" is - apart from one song.
  • Then Comes Silence : New album context. "Machine" has a quite fine mix of alternative tunes with a bit of 80s pop influences.
  • AWOLNATION : New album context. "Angel Miners & The Lightning Riders" is a very good album. I've already heard it twice.
  • Hazel English : New album context. "Wake UP!" is fun to listen to - thanks to all the melodic songs and her soothing voice.

Most played artists:

  • Madonna : Fan times. (Plus workout context.)
  • Money Boy : New album context. Tbh I can't really recommend "Dripolympics".
  • Sorry : New album context. I was checking out "925", but it is not my cup of tea. 

Most played tracks:

[nothing to highlight here]

News?

█ Slut have a new song and video. "For The Soul There Is No Hospital" sounds and looks fantastic.
█ "I Don't Wanna Go Out" by the Pet Shop Boys has an animated lyric video now, that fits the song just fine.
█ Frei.Wild are on top of the German album charts ("Corona Quarantäne Tape"), followed by Samra ("Jibrail & Iblis") and Böhse Onkelz. o.O

New in the German charts:

[01] The Weeknd - Blinding Lights : No, I haven't gotten tired of that one yet.
[02] Lost Frequencies, Zonderling & Kelvin Jones - Love To Go : A nice electro pop song.
[03] Surf Mesa - ily (i love you baby) (feat. Emilee) : Tbh. this is too simple for me. Like a cheap cover version.
[06] Alicia Keys - Underdog : Just a few months after its initial release this song kind of gets a deeper meaning, because it gives hope.
[07] Sarah Connor - Sind wir bereit? : And I instantly want to go back to Alicia, because this one is not my kind of anthem for hope. Sorry. :(
[08] Roxy Tones - Dancing In The Corner (feat. Dominic Neill) : Oh, another nice electro pop tune. Interesting times.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen