Montag, 30. November 2020

Prisoner (#659)

Hi,

this happens when I have a few days off. Plus I had a very busy week. So yeah, sorry. (Again.)

Last week in covers:


Noteworthy:
  • Shawn Mendes : Workout context. Tbh I don't have to keep "Handwritten" in my playlist anymore. :-/
  • Amy MacDonald : New album context. "The Human Demands" has its moments. I will definitely give it another try.
  • Kylie Minogue : Guess what happened? A few parts of "DISCO" grew on me. But I'm still not a big fan of her new retro pop tunes.
  • Stray Kids : Fan times.

Most played artists:

  • Lissie : Fan times. Listening to "Back To Forever" instantly made me want to rediscover "My Wild West", whose first tracks are great.
  • Madonna : Fan times. Although you see "Madame X", which have been listening to, her 2003 album "American Life" should be featured here instead. Thanks to my friends I had the chance to dive into this era of hers once more.
  • BENEE : New album (and research) context. "Hey u x" seems nice.

Most played tracks:

[nothing to highlight here]

News?

█ The 2020 American Music Awards took place and Taylor Swift won a bunch of awards. But tbh I still did not take time to watch the show. :-/

█ Collaboration alert #1 : Miley Cyrus made a song with Dua Lipa. "Prisoner" would fit perfectly to Dua's second album "Future Nostalgia", because it sounds very retro. Even the music video could be a relict from the 80s. But was all the girl-on-girl action necessary? (Just imagine two male pop stars doing that.)

█ Collaboration alert #2 : Shawn Mendes made a song with Justin Bieber. "Monster" features very (self) reflective lyrics. The music video looks simple. That's all fine, but I was hoping for a better melody.

█ German album charts are ruled by old (white) men - AC/DC ("Power Up", 1), Die Toten Hosen ("Learning English Lesson 3 - Mersey Beat! The Sound Of Liverpool", 2) and Bruce Springsteen ("Letter To You", 3).

New in the German charts:

[01] Samra - Kennst du das?! : OK. This one seems authentic. And it even comes with a melody. Congratz, then.
[05] Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am : Oh, this almost seems like the song had to chart that well. But yeah, it is a decent track.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen