Montag, 30. November 2020

Tanke (#660)

Hi,

see this posting here is on time. :)

Last week in covers:


Noteworthy:
  • Pink Mountaintops : Workout context. I was listening to "Get Back".
  • Smrtdeath : New album context. I came across his song "Don't Love Me", which made me curious about the album "Somethjngs Wrong". Unfortunately it seems, the other tracks on it ain't that catchy.
  • Miley Cyrus : New album context. I have yet to listen to the rest of "Plastic Hearts", but so far I can enjoy her return to colorful pop music.
  • BTS : Fan times.
  • Shygirl : New release context. "ALIAS" seems like a nice EP, but it did not convince me much.

Most played artists:

  • Megan Thee Stallion : New album context. "Good News"   
  • Dexter : New album context. "Yung Boomer" felt like a mixed bag to me - some tracks are nice and deal with honest issues, but others could not reach me.
  • HGich.T : New album context. The release of "Los Angeles" caught me by surprise. I was very happy about the track "Tanke" finally to have on an album. Yes, some aspects might be controversial, but I can enjoy their kind of style.
  • Touché Amoré : New album context. Plus there was a very positive review of "Lament". But tbh I did not have much fun listening to this album.

Most played tracks:

  • Bear's Den - Christmas, Hopefully : Aw, even the fact that this band releases a melancholic Christmas ballad makes me love them. :) 

News?

█ So the Grammy nominations have been announced. And this academy seems to love Beyoncé, who has most nominations. I am happy for Dua Lipa, who also has as many chances to win some awards as Taylor Swift. And the list also puts a few artists/releases on my list.
I just feel sad for an obvious snub on The Weeknd.

█ Ooh, what happened at the German album charts: AC/DC still owns the top ("Power Up", 1) in its second week - followed by new entries like Ina Müller ("55", 2), Andreas Gabalier ("A Volks-Rock'n'Roll Christmas", 3) and BTS ("BE", 4). Mike Singer only reached number 9 ("Paranoid").

New in the German charts:

[01] 24kGoldn - Mood (feat. iann dior) : Wow. I did not expect this return.

[05] KC Rebell x Summer Cem - Down : Though this one is well-produced, I can't really tell, if there went a lot of effort into writing it. So yeah, it seems a little cheap.

[06] Shawn Mendes & Justin Bieber - Monster : Oh. Look who used some star power. And yes, the song ain't that bad.

[09] Bozza - Woher (feat. Sido) : This collaboration works. And the song comes with a message. So congratulations for this success.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen