Freitag, 4. Februar 2022

Softcore (#721)

Ahoy,

where did January go? Hm, this year picks up some speed...

 

Last week in covers:

Most played artists:

  • The Neighbourhood : Curiosity context. Because of a TikTok user I came across the song "Softcore" once more - years after I had listened it for the first time. And it hit me. So I felt the need to check out the associated album "Hard To Imagine The Neighbourhood Ever Changing", which features quite a range of sounds. But "Softcore" is something special for me now.
  • FKA twigs : New album context. Tbh I could get nothing from "CAPRISONGS" - even a Weeknd feature failed to impress me.
  • Blaudzun : New album context. "Lonely City Exit Wounds" sounds okay.
  • Lady A : Fan times. I was listening to their ninth studio album "What A Song Can Do", which was released a few months ago. Tbh I think fans can be satisfied with it.
  • Years & Years : New album context. "Night Call" seems nice, but it lacks any highlights and some lyrics came across a bit superficial.

Most played tracks:

  • The Blinders - City We Call Love : Thanks to a friend I found this bop, which might end on my annual highlights list. :)

Noteworthy:

  • iann dior : New album context. I did not find a single highlight track on "On To Better Things".
  • Christin Nichols : New album context. Wow. I really recommend you to check out "I'm Fine" - because fresh music like this needs more attention.
  • Palace : New album context. Tbh I can't explain how I made through "Shoals", because some tracks made me want to skip it.
  • Miles Kane : New album context. "Change The Show" should be on the list of fans of alternative rock.

Scrobble count:  181.345

 

News

█ Doja Cat released a new music video for a song, that already reached audiences via social media. "Get Into It (Yuh)" looks like a classic scifi tv show - just more colorful.

 

New entries

Album charts (Germany)

[01] Billy Talent - Crisis Of Faith : Okay.

[02] Kissin' Dynamite - Not The End Of The Road : Who?

[03] Bianca - Wege des Glaubens : WTF? Who?

[04] KC Rebell - Rebell Army : Okay.

[05] Kayef - Feelings : Wow.

[08] Stereoact - 100% : Okay.

[09] Battle Beast - Circus Of Doom : Who?

 

Single charts (Germany)

[01] Gayle - abcdefu : And once more at the top - in its 11th week.

[04] Imagine Dragons x JID - Enemy : A new peak position in its 13th week.

 

Albums Chart Top 100 (UK)

[01] Years & Years - Night Call : Wow.

[02] Yard Act - The Overload : Interesting.

[03] Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell : Wow - a re-entry in its 523rd week - with a sad context.

[05] Meat Loaf - Hits Out Of Hell : Wow.

[08] Aurora - The Gods We Can Touch : Okay.

[09] The Sherlocks - World I Understand : Yay.

 

Singles Chart Top 100 (UK)

[07] Lost Frequencies & Callum Scott - Where Are You Now : A new peak position in its 16th week.

[09] Digga D & Still Brickin' - Pump 101 : Who?

 

Billboard 200 (USA) - week of February 05

[01] Carolina Gaitán - We Don't Talk About Bruno : No way! It really happened. I can't remember the last time, a soundtrack song topped the Billboard charts. Must be the power of Disney.

[09] Jessica Darrow - Surface Pressure : Wow. And here we have the second popular Encanto song.

 

Billboard Hot 100 (USA) - week of February 05

[02] YoungBoy Never Broke Again - Colors : Hmkay.

[09] Walker Hayes - Country Stuff The Album : Who?

 

Viral Global Spotify Charts - week of January 27

[01] Games We Play - Hope You're Happy : Wow, indie sounds at the top? Did not expect that.

[02] Mason Ramsey - Before I Knew It : Huh? This comes from an EP called "Twang", which was released in 2019. A very polished country sound - like you normally would expect from genre big acts. And guess what made this track trend again - it's TikTok.

[03] Alex Luna & DAAZ - Te Marqué Pedo : A kind of laid-back latin pop track. Interesting.

[06] GOT the beat - Step Back : I guess, this K-Pop girl group is new. Tbh I was expecting something more catchy.

[07] Kep1er - WA DA DA : Some more female K-Pop power. Their sound reminds me of ITZY.



Cheerio!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen