Ahoy,
last week I managed to take some time to listen to new music.
Last week in covers:
Most played artists:
- BABY GRAVY : New album context. bbno$ and Yung Gravy joined forces for a new album, called "Baby Gravy 3". It has some nice bangers.
- Icona Pop : New album context. "Club Romantech" seems okay, when it comes to modern dance pop.
- Slowdive : New album context. "everything is alive" did not really convince me. Some tracks seem a bit boring. But I like the song "kisses".
- Rowli : Curiosity context. So checked out "Teenage Tears" and I think this is nice youthful pop.
Most played tracks:
- Culture Beat - The Other Side Of Me : What a lovely tune. I am so hooked on that song these days.
- Rowli & Hank - Wenn die Sonne scheint : My favorite track from "Teenage Tears" - and I even don't mind the sample.
Noteworthy:
- Nightly : New album context. "wear your heart out" has its moments, but no song seems to reach the level of "dry eyes".
- Blush Always : Curiosity context. Tbh I already forgot about "Divers".
- Melanie C : Flashback times. "Northern Star" was a successful pop album - and I love that "Hex Hector Radio Mix" of "I Turn To You".
News
█ So the 2023 MTV VMAs were quite a show - and a certain big artist did not need to perform anything and was just getting awards throughout the event. Anyways... highlights were the acceptance speech of Diddy and performances by Shakira and TXT (featuring Annita).
New entries
Album charts (Germany)
【01】 Katja Krasavice - Ein Herz für Bitches : Yup, that was to be expected.
【03】 Mr. Hurley & die Pulveraffen - Leuchtturm : Who?
【04】 Jethro Tull - The Broadsword And The Beast : Hmkay.
【05】 Sigur Rós - Átta : A re-entry - maybe because of a vinyl release.
【06】 Primal Fear - Code Red : Who?
【07】 Slowdive - Everything Is Alive : Okay.
【10】 Marduk - Memento mori : Who?
Single charts (Germany)
【03】 Doja Cat - Paint The Town Red : A nice jump in its 5th week.
【04】 cassö / RAYE / D-Block Europe - Prada : Also a nice climb.
Albums Chart Top 100 (UK)
【01】 Royal Blood - Back To The Water Below : Okay.
【03】 The 1975 - The 1975 : A re-entry... maybe because of an anniversary edition.
【06】 Slowdive - Everything Is Alive : Okay.
Singles Chart Top 100 (UK)
【01】 Doja Cat - Paint The Town Red : Wow, what an achievement.
【02】 Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer : A new peak position in the 13th week.
【09】 Fred Again.. - Adore U : This dance track has some interesting retro vibes.
Billboard 200 (USA) - week of September 16
【04】 Jimmy Buffett : Songs You Know By Heart | Jimmy Buffett's Greatest Hit(s) : Who?
Billboard Hot 100 (USA) - week of September 16
【01】 Doja Cat - Paint The Town Red : Wow, what an achievement as well.
【06】 Dua Lipa - Dance The Night : A new peak position in the 15th week.
Viral Global Spotify Charts - week of September 07
【01】 Jung Kook, Latto - Seven : It stays at the top.
【02】 Doja Cat - Paint The Town Red : I would expect this one to be the next number one.
Cheerio!



Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen