Montag, 11. September 2023

Your Side Of Town (#804)

Ahoy,

I was feeling like revisiting known songs last week, but a few new ones were also on my playlist.

 
Scrobble count:  194.655

Last week in covers:

Most played artists:

  • The War On Drugs : Fan times.
  • Yeah Yeah Yeahs : Concert context. I guess my favorite track of "Cool It Down" is "Wolf". And they kind of played all my favorite tracks at the show (in Berlin).
  • Carrie Underwood : Fan times.
  • John Mayer : Fan times.

Most played tracks:

[nothing to highlight here]

Noteworthy:

  • Ashnikko : Curiosity context. I guess the few songs, that I was listening to, did not reach me in a positive way.
  • London Grammar : Fan times.
  • The Chemical Brothers : Research context. I was looking for new music for the radio. A collaboration with Beck seems like a nobrainer, however this one does not convince me much.
  • The Killers : Wow, what an amount of pop they put into a song these days. But to me "Your Side Of Town" works.
  • amindi : Research context. Tbh I already forgot the song.


News

█ The 2023 MTV VMAs will take place tomorrow (this week).

 

New entries

Album charts (Germany)

【01】 Ayliva - Schwarzes Herz : Yup, that was to be expected.

【02】 Alice Cooper - Road : Wow.

【03】 Das Lumpenpack - Wach : Hmkay.

【04】 U.D.O. - Touchdown : Yikes. Okay.

【05】 Cro - Spacejam EP : Okay.

 

Single charts (Germany)

【01】 SIRA, Badchieff, Bausa - 9 bis9 : Hmkay. But not the worst song among the top ten.

【03】 Pashanim - Ms. Jackson : The production sounds nice, but I don't feel the content.

【08】 Reezy - Trackies : According to YouTube the credits should also add 6PM RECORDS abd Stickle. But wow, apart from a solid instrumental this one seems quite mediocre. LOL - and the song was optimized for Spotify with an epic 120 second running time.

【09】 Doja Cat - Paint The Town Red : High production value music video included, but from a music perspective also interesting.

【10】 Bennett - Vois sur ton chemin : I just found a "Techno Mix" of that track, which sounds a bit underwhelming to me.

 

Albums Chart Top 100 (UK)

【01】 Burna Boy - I Told Them... :  Okay, I'm just wondering, if this success is a first.

【02】 Claire Richards - Euphoria : Who?

【06】 Digga D - Back To Square One : Okay.

【07】 Ashnikko - WEEDKILLER : Who?

【08】 Alice Cooper - Road : Okay.

 

Singles Chart Top 100 (UK)

【01】 Olivia Rodrigo - Vampire : Oh, and she once more shows her charts power.

【05】 Peggy Gou - (It Goes Like) Nanana : Yay. A new peak position in its 11th week.

【08】 Cassö, RAYE. D-Block Europe - Prada : Nice to hear RAYE sing on a dance track. If this will get a music video?

【09】 Chase & Status, Bou, Flowdan - Baddadan : The music video also lists IRAH, Trigga and Takura as feature guests. A quite dark electronic dance track.

 

Billboard 200 (USA) - week of September 09

【01】 Zach Bryen - Zach Bryan : Who?

【05】 SZA - SOS : Back in the top ten in its 38th week. Which may have something to do with a new single release.

 

Billboard Hot 100 (USA) - week of September 09

【01】 Zach Bryan - I Remember Everything (feat. Kacey Musgraves) :

【07】 SZA - Snooze : A new peak position in its 38th week. The song has its appeal, but I would say the main selling point was the music video.

【08】 Miley Cyrus - Used To Be Young : Surprisingly mellow for a pop star like her.

 

Viral Global Spotify Charts - week of August 31

【07】 KAROL G, Peso Pluma - QLONA : A solid Latin pop tune - with that usual beat.

 

Cheerio!



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen