Sonntag, 1. Januar 2023

My year 2022 in music

Happy New Year, folks.

It is time to look at some stats again.

I was scrobbling 9025 tracks in 2022 - most of them (1048) in January.

In comparison to previous years, I was listening/scrobbing less - about 1600 songs less than in 2021, which makes 2022 a 5-year-low.

Artists

  1. Madonna (264 plays)
  2. Bear's Den (218 plays)
  3. Lady Gaga (128 plays)
  4. The Weeknd (115 plays)
  5. John Mayer (114 plays)
  6. BTS (111 plays)
  7. The War On Drugs (104 plays)
  8. Taylor Swift (81 plays)
  9. DMA'S (72 plays)
  10. The Knocks (65 plays)

Thoughts:

  • I am really surprised about the amount of Taylor Swift music.
  • The Knocks would be a new addition in terms of frequency.
  • Bear's Den released two albums that year.
  • Also The Weeknd came back with a new album.
  • The hype about the Lady Gaga concert got me back to her latest music.
  • Yes, I am still a big fan of Madonna's music.


Albums


  1. Lady Gaga - Chromatica (124 plays)
  2. Bear's Den - Blue Hours
    / The Weeknd - Dawn FM (111 plays)
  3. John Mayer - Sob Rock (78 plays)
  4. BTS - PROOF (56 plays)
  5. Madonna - Madame X (49 plays)
  6. The War On Drugs - I Don't Live Here Anymore (47 plays)
  7. The Knocks - History (45 plays)
  8. Giant Rooks - Rookery (44 plays)
  9. The Neighbourhood - Hard To Imagine The Neighbourhood Ever Changing (36 plays)
  10. Alfie Templeman - Mellow Moon
    / Baby Queen - Colours Of You
    / Taylor Swift - Red (Taylor's Version)
    / The Slow Show - Still Life (35 plays)

Thoughts:

  • Baby Queen's "Colours Of You" is just a single. ^^
  • Also The Neighbourhood might just be in there because of one track.
  • Alfie Templeman is a new addition in such a list.

 


Songs

  1. Bear's Den - Shadows (38 scrobbles)
  2. Baby Queen - Colours Of You (35 scrobbles)
  3. Lady Gaga - Alice
    / Bear's Den - On Your Side (24 scrobbles)
  4. Lady Gaga - Stupid Love (23 scrobbles)
  5. Bear's Den - Blue Hours (20 scrobbles)
  6. MØ - New Moon (19 scrobbles)
  7. wavvyboi - pflaster (18 scrobbles)
  8. The Knocks - Bang Bang (feat. Donna Missal)
    / Bear's Den - Spiders
    / The War On Drugs - I Don't Live Here Anymore
    / WONHO - EYE ON YOU (16 scrobbles)
  9. The Weeknd - Less Than Zero
    / bbno$ & Diplo - pogo (15 scrobbles)
  10. The Neighbourhood - Softcore
    / Lady Gaga - Chromatica I (14 scrobbles)
  11. Florence + The Machine - My Love (Edit)
    / Jeremias - FIN
    / The Weeknd - Gasoline (13 scrobbles)
  12. Hot Chip - Eleanor
    / 070 Shake - Morrow
    / Jessie Ware - Save A Kiss
    / Lady Gaga - Free Woman
    / Purple Disco Machine - Dopamine (feat. Eyelar)
    / Madonna - Come Alive
    / M. Byrd - Flood (12 scrobbles)
Thoughts:
  • Yes, "Stupid Love" was used for some workouts.
  • The Chromatica Ball concert experience made me fall in love with Lady Gaga's "Alice".
  • I would never have imagined a wavvyboi track in my stats.
  • I consider "pogo" by bbno$ and Diplo as my (party) track of the year.
  • "Come Alive" would be my most scrobbled Madonna track of 2022.
  • "Softcore" went viral on social media - and got stuck in my head.

So yeah, that is my year 2022 in music.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen