Oh, those memories... part 3 from 2010
____
Illuminated
27 Sep 2010, 22:23
Ahoy reader,
I'm kind of sorry, but once again I have to write a really short...

Covers?

All of them are included in my...
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Nena : I like her music since she had her comeback in 2002/2003.
> Hurts : I'm not sure if the hype was too much, but anyway... they gave me some more catchy songs for my iPod(s).
> All Saints : Flashback time! Actually I don't know if this group still exists. But then they were amazing - just think of their song "Pure Shores".
Most played tracks:
> Der Anfang : That's a quite long track from Nena's "Willst du mit mir gehn" double album - the closing track of disc one. Very dreamy and catchy.
> Illuminated : One of my favorite tracks from their debut album "Happiness".
> 9 Crimes : The opening track of the album "9". Nice.
News? Well, there's this new Seal album which I'm curious about, but haven't had yet a chance to check it out.
And then I heard good things about Klaxons which makes me curious as well. ^^
CU
Ahoy reader,
I'm kind of sorry, but once again I have to write a really short...

Covers?

All of them are included in my...
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Nena : I like her music since she had her comeback in 2002/2003.
> Hurts : I'm not sure if the hype was too much, but anyway... they gave me some more catchy songs for my iPod(s).
> All Saints : Flashback time! Actually I don't know if this group still exists. But then they were amazing - just think of their song "Pure Shores".
Most played tracks:
> Der Anfang : That's a quite long track from Nena's "Willst du mit mir gehn" double album - the closing track of disc one. Very dreamy and catchy.
> Illuminated : One of my favorite tracks from their debut album "Happiness".
> 9 Crimes : The opening track of the album "9". Nice.
News? Well, there's this new Seal album which I'm curious about, but haven't had yet a chance to check it out.
And then I heard good things about Klaxons which makes me curious as well. ^^
CU
I'm kind of sorry, but once again I have to write a really short...

Covers?

All of them are included in my...
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Nena : I like her music since she had her comeback in 2002/2003.
> Hurts : I'm not sure if the hype was too much, but anyway... they gave me some more catchy songs for my iPod(s).
> All Saints : Flashback time! Actually I don't know if this group still exists. But then they were amazing - just think of their song "Pure Shores".
Most played tracks:
> Der Anfang : That's a quite long track from Nena's "Willst du mit mir gehn" double album - the closing track of disc one. Very dreamy and catchy.
> Illuminated : One of my favorite tracks from their debut album "Happiness".
> 9 Crimes : The opening track of the album "9". Nice.
News? Well, there's this new Seal album which I'm curious about, but haven't had yet a chance to check it out.
And then I heard good things about Klaxons which makes me curious as well. ^^
CU
____
A Thousand Suns
20 Sep 2010, 22:38
Hi,
right now I'm out of ideas to write a nice intro for...

So I'll just go to "last week in covers" (formerly known as the album cover compilation image)

The new 3x3 version isn't there yet, so I took a smaller one (which leaves me fewer points to mention). In fact I can go right to the...
Stats!
Most played artists:
> VNV Nation : Some weeks ago I couldn't say a word to this band and now I'm about to get to know all their songs, as I spend my sleepy times with their dark beats. But I was also quite surprised to find nice dreamy tracks among their albums. I guess I will put them in a playlist. :-)
> Glee Cast : Just a few more days until season 2 finally kicks off. In the meantime I continue to re-visit the soundtracks of season 1. Last week Volume 2 was on heavy rotation. I even begin to like the very cheesy ballads. ^^
> Dido : Yep, talking about re-visiting - I also continue to learn more about Dido's music which wasn't overrated. In fact, there's plenty to find when it comes to simple tunes that make her calm voice shine.
Most played tracks:
> Chrome : I have to admit that there are quite a few VNV Nation tracks among my most played ones. So I randomly chose one on behalf of the others - and it was this track (which reminds me of a certain browser). But guess what... I don't find it special at all. It's more like one of the mediocre tracks by this band.
> Faker : Miike Snow also was heavily featured in my last week in music. And that's because his music is kind of independent and melodic. Actually I don't know much about him (or the band) and I like it that way. So it's always this extraordinary experience when I listen to songs like "Faker" that are kind of strange and familiar at the same time.
> Look No Further : On a side note: I like the word 'further'. :-P
Anyway... that's not how this song got featured here. It's just one of the tracks of Dido's last album that I listened to several times. It starts very acoustic-like and then later the strings set in and it's just lovely (though a bit short). ^^
This time in the news section: new albums.
Linkin Park's new album is already released (see title) and so far I've not read anything about it. I think some fans will be disappointed about the change in theme/style, but I'm quite happy about the merging rock/pop/electro sound. :-)
And finally I'd like to highlight upcoming releases that make me curious:
> Seal : he's back with another album which seems to be soft pop again, but let's wait and see. The first single wasn't that special (on first listen) though.
> Bruce Springsteen : his last two albums kind of turned me into a fan (although I sometimes still don't like his voice). Anyway I expect to be surprised. ^^
Mkay... so in case you feel like commenting: what do you look forward to in music?
CU
Hi,
right now I'm out of ideas to write a nice intro for...

So I'll just go to "last week in covers" (formerly known as the album cover compilation image)

The new 3x3 version isn't there yet, so I took a smaller one (which leaves me fewer points to mention). In fact I can go right to the...
Stats!
Most played artists:
> VNV Nation : Some weeks ago I couldn't say a word to this band and now I'm about to get to know all their songs, as I spend my sleepy times with their dark beats. But I was also quite surprised to find nice dreamy tracks among their albums. I guess I will put them in a playlist. :-)
> Glee Cast : Just a few more days until season 2 finally kicks off. In the meantime I continue to re-visit the soundtracks of season 1. Last week Volume 2 was on heavy rotation. I even begin to like the very cheesy ballads. ^^
> Dido : Yep, talking about re-visiting - I also continue to learn more about Dido's music which wasn't overrated. In fact, there's plenty to find when it comes to simple tunes that make her calm voice shine.
Most played tracks:
> Chrome : I have to admit that there are quite a few VNV Nation tracks among my most played ones. So I randomly chose one on behalf of the others - and it was this track (which reminds me of a certain browser). But guess what... I don't find it special at all. It's more like one of the mediocre tracks by this band.
> Faker : Miike Snow also was heavily featured in my last week in music. And that's because his music is kind of independent and melodic. Actually I don't know much about him (or the band) and I like it that way. So it's always this extraordinary experience when I listen to songs like "Faker" that are kind of strange and familiar at the same time.
> Look No Further : On a side note: I like the word 'further'. :-P
Anyway... that's not how this song got featured here. It's just one of the tracks of Dido's last album that I listened to several times. It starts very acoustic-like and then later the strings set in and it's just lovely (though a bit short). ^^
This time in the news section: new albums.
Linkin Park's new album is already released (see title) and so far I've not read anything about it. I think some fans will be disappointed about the change in theme/style, but I'm quite happy about the merging rock/pop/electro sound. :-)
And finally I'd like to highlight upcoming releases that make me curious:
> Seal : he's back with another album which seems to be soft pop again, but let's wait and see. The first single wasn't that special (on first listen) though.
> Bruce Springsteen : his last two albums kind of turned me into a fan (although I sometimes still don't like his voice). Anyway I expect to be surprised. ^^
Mkay... so in case you feel like commenting: what do you look forward to in music?
CU
right now I'm out of ideas to write a nice intro for...

So I'll just go to "last week in covers" (formerly known as the album cover compilation image)

The new 3x3 version isn't there yet, so I took a smaller one (which leaves me fewer points to mention). In fact I can go right to the...
Stats!
Most played artists:
> VNV Nation : Some weeks ago I couldn't say a word to this band and now I'm about to get to know all their songs, as I spend my sleepy times with their dark beats. But I was also quite surprised to find nice dreamy tracks among their albums. I guess I will put them in a playlist. :-)
> Glee Cast : Just a few more days until season 2 finally kicks off. In the meantime I continue to re-visit the soundtracks of season 1. Last week Volume 2 was on heavy rotation. I even begin to like the very cheesy ballads. ^^
> Dido : Yep, talking about re-visiting - I also continue to learn more about Dido's music which wasn't overrated. In fact, there's plenty to find when it comes to simple tunes that make her calm voice shine.
Most played tracks:
> Chrome : I have to admit that there are quite a few VNV Nation tracks among my most played ones. So I randomly chose one on behalf of the others - and it was this track (which reminds me of a certain browser). But guess what... I don't find it special at all. It's more like one of the mediocre tracks by this band.
> Faker : Miike Snow also was heavily featured in my last week in music. And that's because his music is kind of independent and melodic. Actually I don't know much about him (or the band) and I like it that way. So it's always this extraordinary experience when I listen to songs like "Faker" that are kind of strange and familiar at the same time.
> Look No Further : On a side note: I like the word 'further'. :-P
Anyway... that's not how this song got featured here. It's just one of the tracks of Dido's last album that I listened to several times. It starts very acoustic-like and then later the strings set in and it's just lovely (though a bit short). ^^
This time in the news section: new albums.
Linkin Park's new album is already released (see title) and so far I've not read anything about it. I think some fans will be disappointed about the change in theme/style, but I'm quite happy about the merging rock/pop/electro sound. :-)
And finally I'd like to highlight upcoming releases that make me curious:
> Seal : he's back with another album which seems to be soft pop again, but let's wait and see. The first single wasn't that special (on first listen) though.
> Bruce Springsteen : his last two albums kind of turned me into a fan (although I sometimes still don't like his voice). Anyway I expect to be surprised. ^^
Mkay... so in case you feel like commenting: what do you look forward to in music?
CU
____
Defying Gravity
13 Sep 2010, 21:57
Good evening,
so it's an official Music Monday, as the results of the VMAs 2010 are just in.
In fact, I have to shout out something first: boooh, MTV Germany, boooh! (for not broadcasting it live this year!) That show is one of your best of all time... OF ALL TIME!
(that was me going Kanye) :-P
And now back to the regular...

Covers covering my last week:

including artists like:
> Foals : I've read that their latest album was one of the best records of 2010. But at this point I can't confirm it (but I haven't heard it that often). So that's why I'm giving it another chance(s). ^^
> Hurts : this band is like emos meeting the Pet Shop Boys. ^^ And thus the songs are beautifully melancholic.
> Hey Monday : actually I'm not sure how I did get curious about this band. But anyway... they sound young and promising. ^^
> Katy Perry : at first I really wasn't sure about her new songs, but now I'm convinced that she did well with chosing Dr Luke (among others) as a producer.
> Brandon Flowers : I know he's not continuing where The Killers left. I'm just wondering if his songs can keep up. ^^
> Simon Curtis : well, and again I say that parts of his album are really good.
Stats, please.
Most played artists:
> Silbermond : That German band is kind of new to me, because I only remember some of their hit singles (which were mostly ballads). So I'm about to discover if they are more rock or pop.
> Glee Cast : OK, these are no real artists, rather actors which get to sing classics or smash hits. And here's the thing. That is how I (and probably others, too) get to see certain songs in a new light which is a good thing. The whole Glee show is about the joy of music (and a bunch of teenage problems). And I'm already looking forward to the start of season 2.
> Dido : Here's another flashback. It was aroung 2000 when a singer called Dido got hyped via a mystery tv show (Roswell) and Eminem (who sampled/featured her in "Stan"). Some years later she returned with hits like "White Flag" and "Life For Rent". Her third album, however, wasn't that successfull. Anyway... I'm about to get into her music these days because I like her calm voice and the bittersweet theme in her songs.
> Garbage : Oh, and I obviously continue to fall for Garbage music (^^) - especially their ballads which are so fine and partly creepy at the same time. I don't know if they were more successfull with the harder tracks, but I cherish their mellow tunes.
Most played tracks:
> The Trick Is To Keep Breathing : Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. If you don't know this song, look for it. It's so great.
> Irgendwas bleibt : One of the ballads of Silbermond. It's about holding something dear for a long time while the world keeps changing - like the feeling of safety. I like the song.
> Defying Gravity : Glee power! Actually that song is from a musical (I'm not sure), but it also makes a great pop song as well - thanks to the vocal talent of two major actors of the Glee cast.
So, news?
VMAs 2010 : although the stage was amazing, the performances weren't as awesome as the years before. I missed Gaga performing - but having her winning is also nice. ^^
The female host was hilarious - I loved her making jokes about Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift.
My favorite moments were presenters like the Glee cast and Cher... and Robyn and that funny DJ with the LED mouse head/hat.
Best performances (IMO) were Linkin Park and Florence + The Machine. I also have to give credits to Usher for doing impressive dance moves (though his songs are more mediocre R'n'B/club sounds which fit his mediocre voice). Speaking of voices... Justin Bieber's voice is getting "low" ^^ but his performance was well rehearsed. ^^
Oh, and Paramore did impress me. I do have to check out their music. ^^
Taylor Swift and Kanye both made a stage comeback - but also both didn't convince me. :-/
And I'm happy for 30 Seconds To Mars for winning the Best Rock Award. Also the entrance with an army of bicycles showed why they're so great. (as in they don't show up in some fancy car)
On a side note: I was amused that Katy Perry and Ke$ha were sitting so close in the audience (because I read that they ain't so close personally anymore) ^^
What I didn't like were the appearences of some random MTV show casts and the twitter trend news.
And that's it for this week. Next time more on new music I get to discover (maybe). ^^
CU
COMMENTS:
Good evening,
so it's an official Music Monday, as the results of the VMAs 2010 are just in.
In fact, I have to shout out something first: boooh, MTV Germany, boooh! (for not broadcasting it live this year!) That show is one of your best of all time... OF ALL TIME!
(that was me going Kanye) :-P
And now back to the regular...

Covers covering my last week:

including artists like:
> Foals : I've read that their latest album was one of the best records of 2010. But at this point I can't confirm it (but I haven't heard it that often). So that's why I'm giving it another chance(s). ^^
> Hurts : this band is like emos meeting the Pet Shop Boys. ^^ And thus the songs are beautifully melancholic.
> Hey Monday : actually I'm not sure how I did get curious about this band. But anyway... they sound young and promising. ^^
> Katy Perry : at first I really wasn't sure about her new songs, but now I'm convinced that she did well with chosing Dr Luke (among others) as a producer.
> Brandon Flowers : I know he's not continuing where The Killers left. I'm just wondering if his songs can keep up. ^^
> Simon Curtis : well, and again I say that parts of his album are really good.
Stats, please.
Most played artists:
> Silbermond : That German band is kind of new to me, because I only remember some of their hit singles (which were mostly ballads). So I'm about to discover if they are more rock or pop.
> Glee Cast : OK, these are no real artists, rather actors which get to sing classics or smash hits. And here's the thing. That is how I (and probably others, too) get to see certain songs in a new light which is a good thing. The whole Glee show is about the joy of music (and a bunch of teenage problems). And I'm already looking forward to the start of season 2.
> Dido : Here's another flashback. It was aroung 2000 when a singer called Dido got hyped via a mystery tv show (Roswell) and Eminem (who sampled/featured her in "Stan"). Some years later she returned with hits like "White Flag" and "Life For Rent". Her third album, however, wasn't that successfull. Anyway... I'm about to get into her music these days because I like her calm voice and the bittersweet theme in her songs.
> Garbage : Oh, and I obviously continue to fall for Garbage music (^^) - especially their ballads which are so fine and partly creepy at the same time. I don't know if they were more successfull with the harder tracks, but I cherish their mellow tunes.
Most played tracks:
> The Trick Is To Keep Breathing : Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. If you don't know this song, look for it. It's so great.
> Irgendwas bleibt : One of the ballads of Silbermond. It's about holding something dear for a long time while the world keeps changing - like the feeling of safety. I like the song.
> Defying Gravity : Glee power! Actually that song is from a musical (I'm not sure), but it also makes a great pop song as well - thanks to the vocal talent of two major actors of the Glee cast.
So, news?
VMAs 2010 : although the stage was amazing, the performances weren't as awesome as the years before. I missed Gaga performing - but having her winning is also nice. ^^
The female host was hilarious - I loved her making jokes about Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift.
My favorite moments were presenters like the Glee cast and Cher... and Robyn and that funny DJ with the LED mouse head/hat.
Best performances (IMO) were Linkin Park and Florence + The Machine. I also have to give credits to Usher for doing impressive dance moves (though his songs are more mediocre R'n'B/club sounds which fit his mediocre voice). Speaking of voices... Justin Bieber's voice is getting "low" ^^ but his performance was well rehearsed. ^^
Oh, and Paramore did impress me. I do have to check out their music. ^^
Taylor Swift and Kanye both made a stage comeback - but also both didn't convince me. :-/
And I'm happy for 30 Seconds To Mars for winning the Best Rock Award. Also the entrance with an army of bicycles showed why they're so great. (as in they don't show up in some fancy car)
On a side note: I was amused that Katy Perry and Ke$ha were sitting so close in the audience (because I read that they ain't so close personally anymore) ^^
What I didn't like were the appearences of some random MTV show casts and the twitter trend news.
And that's it for this week. Next time more on new music I get to discover (maybe). ^^
CU
so it's an official Music Monday, as the results of the VMAs 2010 are just in.
In fact, I have to shout out something first: boooh, MTV Germany, boooh! (for not broadcasting it live this year!) That show is one of your best of all time... OF ALL TIME!
(that was me going Kanye) :-P
And now back to the regular...

Covers covering my last week:

including artists like:
> Foals : I've read that their latest album was one of the best records of 2010. But at this point I can't confirm it (but I haven't heard it that often). So that's why I'm giving it another chance(s). ^^
> Hurts : this band is like emos meeting the Pet Shop Boys. ^^ And thus the songs are beautifully melancholic.
> Hey Monday : actually I'm not sure how I did get curious about this band. But anyway... they sound young and promising. ^^
> Katy Perry : at first I really wasn't sure about her new songs, but now I'm convinced that she did well with chosing Dr Luke (among others) as a producer.
> Brandon Flowers : I know he's not continuing where The Killers left. I'm just wondering if his songs can keep up. ^^
> Simon Curtis : well, and again I say that parts of his album are really good.
Stats, please.
Most played artists:
> Silbermond : That German band is kind of new to me, because I only remember some of their hit singles (which were mostly ballads). So I'm about to discover if they are more rock or pop.
> Glee Cast : OK, these are no real artists, rather actors which get to sing classics or smash hits. And here's the thing. That is how I (and probably others, too) get to see certain songs in a new light which is a good thing. The whole Glee show is about the joy of music (and a bunch of teenage problems). And I'm already looking forward to the start of season 2.
> Dido : Here's another flashback. It was aroung 2000 when a singer called Dido got hyped via a mystery tv show (Roswell) and Eminem (who sampled/featured her in "Stan"). Some years later she returned with hits like "White Flag" and "Life For Rent". Her third album, however, wasn't that successfull. Anyway... I'm about to get into her music these days because I like her calm voice and the bittersweet theme in her songs.
> Garbage : Oh, and I obviously continue to fall for Garbage music (^^) - especially their ballads which are so fine and partly creepy at the same time. I don't know if they were more successfull with the harder tracks, but I cherish their mellow tunes.
Most played tracks:
> The Trick Is To Keep Breathing : Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. If you don't know this song, look for it. It's so great.
> Irgendwas bleibt : One of the ballads of Silbermond. It's about holding something dear for a long time while the world keeps changing - like the feeling of safety. I like the song.
> Defying Gravity : Glee power! Actually that song is from a musical (I'm not sure), but it also makes a great pop song as well - thanks to the vocal talent of two major actors of the Glee cast.
So, news?
VMAs 2010 : although the stage was amazing, the performances weren't as awesome as the years before. I missed Gaga performing - but having her winning is also nice. ^^
The female host was hilarious - I loved her making jokes about Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift.
My favorite moments were presenters like the Glee cast and Cher... and Robyn and that funny DJ with the LED mouse head/hat.
Best performances (IMO) were Linkin Park and Florence + The Machine. I also have to give credits to Usher for doing impressive dance moves (though his songs are more mediocre R'n'B/club sounds which fit his mediocre voice). Speaking of voices... Justin Bieber's voice is getting "low" ^^ but his performance was well rehearsed. ^^
Oh, and Paramore did impress me. I do have to check out their music. ^^
Taylor Swift and Kanye both made a stage comeback - but also both didn't convince me. :-/
And I'm happy for 30 Seconds To Mars for winning the Best Rock Award. Also the entrance with an army of bicycles showed why they're so great. (as in they don't show up in some fancy car)
On a side note: I was amused that Katy Perry and Ke$ha were sitting so close in the audience (because I read that they ain't so close personally anymore) ^^
What I didn't like were the appearences of some random MTV show casts and the twitter trend news.
And that's it for this week. Next time more on new music I get to discover (maybe). ^^
CU
COMMENTS:
macychick 14 Sep 2010, 18:26
Yes, Defying Gravity is from the musical Wicked. Did you know that Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth, who both appeared on Glee, were in the original cast of Wicked?
Yes, Defying Gravity is from the musical Wicked. Did you know that Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth, who both appeared on Glee, were in the original cast of Wicked?
fm014 15 Sep 2010, 15:54
wow, thank you for that remark. I had no idea. I thought they were "just" actors ^^
wow, thank you for that remark. I had no idea. I thought they were "just" actors ^^
____
Devotion
6 Sep 2010, 20:37
Hello internet,
so without much introducing I go directly to this journal thing I call...

Here I tend to start with a small overview:

My last week in album covers includes:
> Lene Marlin : once again I tried to get more into her newer songs... and failed ^^
> The Wreckers : I can't really recall listening to them this often, but hey, their one and only album is not bad.
> Katy Perry : a German music site wrote not so nice things about her new album, but I have to admit that it grows on me. I surely like it better than her first one.
> Brandon Flowers : yes, his solo album finally arrived. So I will definitely put it on heavy rotation. ^^
> Simon Curtis : I'm at this point that I hope he will make another album soon. I think he might have talent (or at least a good studio voice). ^^
Time for stats? Hm, yes!
Most played artists:
> Alanis Morissette : No, it's not that she had a comeback. I just found her earlier album "Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie" in my library and I guess I just wanted to give it another spin (it features at least 2 of my all-time favorite Alanis songs). I'm quite impressed how her style changed over the years.
> Hurts : This band was hyped a lot here in Germany. And as I like melodic mainstream pop, I had to give it a try. I think the album is good, but not overwhelmingly good. And I was very surprised to find a Kylie duet there. ^^
> Keane : When I think of this band, I'm still sad that their album "Symmetry" was such a letdown to me. However, "Under The Iron Sea" has its qualities, though I can't point out special songs.
> Unheilig : I think I should listen more to this German artist, because he might have the perfect soundtrack for the season change. ^^
Most played tracks:
> A Bad Dream : That's a typical Keane song, though the beginning is boring. But towards the ending it gets more and more epic. :-)
> Candy Shop (Medley) : Who would have thought that I finally get used to some of the not so perfect live tracks from Madonna's last live album. I'm still mad that they didn't choose the intro of the promo tour for "Hard Candy" with the scratching. Instead they used a mediocre candy machine intro for the "Sticky & Sweet Tour". But fortunately they skipped it for the "album version" which starts right off with the C-A-N-D-Y spelling. I especially like the base line of this track. I just wish her voice would be stronger. :-P
> Devotion : Oh, here it is... the Hurts/Kylie duet I mentioned before. What I like most about the track is that Kylie's voice is clearly recognizeable (and not heavily overproduced as in most of her latest songs). And apart from that it's a great midtempo tune with melancholic vibes.
Alright, I don't have any points for the news section. But I'd like to remind you that it's just some days until the VMA's 2010. I'm still excited to see will win and who will do the best performance. And maybe I'll also find new interesting music acts I don't already know. ^^
So be prepaired for a special section in the next entry.
CU
Hello internet,
so without much introducing I go directly to this journal thing I call...

Here I tend to start with a small overview:

My last week in album covers includes:
> Lene Marlin : once again I tried to get more into her newer songs... and failed ^^
> The Wreckers : I can't really recall listening to them this often, but hey, their one and only album is not bad.
> Katy Perry : a German music site wrote not so nice things about her new album, but I have to admit that it grows on me. I surely like it better than her first one.
> Brandon Flowers : yes, his solo album finally arrived. So I will definitely put it on heavy rotation. ^^
> Simon Curtis : I'm at this point that I hope he will make another album soon. I think he might have talent (or at least a good studio voice). ^^
Time for stats? Hm, yes!
Most played artists:
> Alanis Morissette : No, it's not that she had a comeback. I just found her earlier album "Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie" in my library and I guess I just wanted to give it another spin (it features at least 2 of my all-time favorite Alanis songs). I'm quite impressed how her style changed over the years.
> Hurts : This band was hyped a lot here in Germany. And as I like melodic mainstream pop, I had to give it a try. I think the album is good, but not overwhelmingly good. And I was very surprised to find a Kylie duet there. ^^
> Keane : When I think of this band, I'm still sad that their album "Symmetry" was such a letdown to me. However, "Under The Iron Sea" has its qualities, though I can't point out special songs.
> Unheilig : I think I should listen more to this German artist, because he might have the perfect soundtrack for the season change. ^^
Most played tracks:
> A Bad Dream : That's a typical Keane song, though the beginning is boring. But towards the ending it gets more and more epic. :-)
> Candy Shop (Medley) : Who would have thought that I finally get used to some of the not so perfect live tracks from Madonna's last live album. I'm still mad that they didn't choose the intro of the promo tour for "Hard Candy" with the scratching. Instead they used a mediocre candy machine intro for the "Sticky & Sweet Tour". But fortunately they skipped it for the "album version" which starts right off with the C-A-N-D-Y spelling. I especially like the base line of this track. I just wish her voice would be stronger. :-P
> Devotion : Oh, here it is... the Hurts/Kylie duet I mentioned before. What I like most about the track is that Kylie's voice is clearly recognizeable (and not heavily overproduced as in most of her latest songs). And apart from that it's a great midtempo tune with melancholic vibes.
Alright, I don't have any points for the news section. But I'd like to remind you that it's just some days until the VMA's 2010. I'm still excited to see will win and who will do the best performance. And maybe I'll also find new interesting music acts I don't already know. ^^
So be prepaired for a special section in the next entry.
CU
so without much introducing I go directly to this journal thing I call...

Here I tend to start with a small overview:

My last week in album covers includes:
> Lene Marlin : once again I tried to get more into her newer songs... and failed ^^
> The Wreckers : I can't really recall listening to them this often, but hey, their one and only album is not bad.
> Katy Perry : a German music site wrote not so nice things about her new album, but I have to admit that it grows on me. I surely like it better than her first one.
> Brandon Flowers : yes, his solo album finally arrived. So I will definitely put it on heavy rotation. ^^
> Simon Curtis : I'm at this point that I hope he will make another album soon. I think he might have talent (or at least a good studio voice). ^^
Time for stats? Hm, yes!
Most played artists:
> Alanis Morissette : No, it's not that she had a comeback. I just found her earlier album "Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie" in my library and I guess I just wanted to give it another spin (it features at least 2 of my all-time favorite Alanis songs). I'm quite impressed how her style changed over the years.
> Hurts : This band was hyped a lot here in Germany. And as I like melodic mainstream pop, I had to give it a try. I think the album is good, but not overwhelmingly good. And I was very surprised to find a Kylie duet there. ^^
> Keane : When I think of this band, I'm still sad that their album "Symmetry" was such a letdown to me. However, "Under The Iron Sea" has its qualities, though I can't point out special songs.
> Unheilig : I think I should listen more to this German artist, because he might have the perfect soundtrack for the season change. ^^
Most played tracks:
> A Bad Dream : That's a typical Keane song, though the beginning is boring. But towards the ending it gets more and more epic. :-)
> Candy Shop (Medley) : Who would have thought that I finally get used to some of the not so perfect live tracks from Madonna's last live album. I'm still mad that they didn't choose the intro of the promo tour for "Hard Candy" with the scratching. Instead they used a mediocre candy machine intro for the "Sticky & Sweet Tour". But fortunately they skipped it for the "album version" which starts right off with the C-A-N-D-Y spelling. I especially like the base line of this track. I just wish her voice would be stronger. :-P
> Devotion : Oh, here it is... the Hurts/Kylie duet I mentioned before. What I like most about the track is that Kylie's voice is clearly recognizeable (and not heavily overproduced as in most of her latest songs). And apart from that it's a great midtempo tune with melancholic vibes.
Alright, I don't have any points for the news section. But I'd like to remind you that it's just some days until the VMA's 2010. I'm still excited to see will win and who will do the best performance. And maybe I'll also find new interesting music acts I don't already know. ^^
So be prepaired for a special section in the next entry.
CU
____
Quicker
30 Aug 2010, 23:35
Hi people,
this is another (kind of late and) quick...

Have a look, won't you?

including:
> A Fine Frenzy : who was on my Top 4 for days
> Garbage : a band I still like to remember. They have really timeless songs.
> mr.tinoforever : an artist whose electronic beats can make my day.
> Thirteen Senses : "The Invitation" is truly an amazing record.
> James Yuill : an artist I still feel the need to get used to.
> Robyn : I listen to her new songs almost every day.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Sarah McLachlan : She has such a wonderful voice. Even though I'm not so familiar with her old stuff, I cherish her live versions because that's when she can show all her talent. And I recommend her "Afterglow" album as one ultimate melancholic soundtrack.
> Lene Marlin : That young lady also is gifted with a beautiful voice. But I still don't like her new stuff as much as I like the first album.
> Alex Day : I noticed his music via youtube where he has a channel as user "nerimon". I like his accent and the way he can talk fast and with a happy vibe. However, his songs are kind of cheesy at times.
Most played tracks:
> Hang with Me : Just give it try. I think it's on of her best tracks. It's catchy, it has a nice tune and the lyrics are good.
> Dead And Gone : I'm skipping this right now. Sorry ^^
> Love Come : I was on a train when I realized how epic this song is. It's on her latest album and it's there in two versions. At this point I can't choose which one is better. I'm just happy to have two versions of such a moving song.
OK... no news today. Oh, wait.
Linkin Park have a new record on the way. You can already listen to its first single (The Catalyst) and it's epic. :-)
And soon the 2010 VMA's will take place. I'm already excited. :-)
Btw. this week's title refers to a song by "I Blame Coco" whose album "The Constant" will be released in October. I guess that record might be big.
CU
Hi people,
this is another (kind of late and) quick...

Have a look, won't you?

including:
> A Fine Frenzy : who was on my Top 4 for days
> Garbage : a band I still like to remember. They have really timeless songs.
> mr.tinoforever : an artist whose electronic beats can make my day.
> Thirteen Senses : "The Invitation" is truly an amazing record.
> James Yuill : an artist I still feel the need to get used to.
> Robyn : I listen to her new songs almost every day.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Sarah McLachlan : She has such a wonderful voice. Even though I'm not so familiar with her old stuff, I cherish her live versions because that's when she can show all her talent. And I recommend her "Afterglow" album as one ultimate melancholic soundtrack.
> Lene Marlin : That young lady also is gifted with a beautiful voice. But I still don't like her new stuff as much as I like the first album.
> Alex Day : I noticed his music via youtube where he has a channel as user "nerimon". I like his accent and the way he can talk fast and with a happy vibe. However, his songs are kind of cheesy at times.
Most played tracks:
> Hang with Me : Just give it try. I think it's on of her best tracks. It's catchy, it has a nice tune and the lyrics are good.
> Dead And Gone : I'm skipping this right now. Sorry ^^
> Love Come : I was on a train when I realized how epic this song is. It's on her latest album and it's there in two versions. At this point I can't choose which one is better. I'm just happy to have two versions of such a moving song.
OK... no news today. Oh, wait.
Linkin Park have a new record on the way. You can already listen to its first single (The Catalyst) and it's epic. :-)
And soon the 2010 VMA's will take place. I'm already excited. :-)
Btw. this week's title refers to a song by "I Blame Coco" whose album "The Constant" will be released in October. I guess that record might be big.
CU
this is another (kind of late and) quick...

Have a look, won't you?

including:
> A Fine Frenzy : who was on my Top 4 for days
> Garbage : a band I still like to remember. They have really timeless songs.
> mr.tinoforever : an artist whose electronic beats can make my day.
> Thirteen Senses : "The Invitation" is truly an amazing record.
> James Yuill : an artist I still feel the need to get used to.
> Robyn : I listen to her new songs almost every day.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Sarah McLachlan : She has such a wonderful voice. Even though I'm not so familiar with her old stuff, I cherish her live versions because that's when she can show all her talent. And I recommend her "Afterglow" album as one ultimate melancholic soundtrack.
> Lene Marlin : That young lady also is gifted with a beautiful voice. But I still don't like her new stuff as much as I like the first album.
> Alex Day : I noticed his music via youtube where he has a channel as user "nerimon". I like his accent and the way he can talk fast and with a happy vibe. However, his songs are kind of cheesy at times.
Most played tracks:
> Hang with Me : Just give it try. I think it's on of her best tracks. It's catchy, it has a nice tune and the lyrics are good.
> Dead And Gone : I'm skipping this right now. Sorry ^^
> Love Come : I was on a train when I realized how epic this song is. It's on her latest album and it's there in two versions. At this point I can't choose which one is better. I'm just happy to have two versions of such a moving song.
OK... no news today. Oh, wait.
Linkin Park have a new record on the way. You can already listen to its first single (The Catalyst) and it's epic. :-)
And soon the 2010 VMA's will take place. I'm already excited. :-)
Btw. this week's title refers to a song by "I Blame Coco" whose album "The Constant" will be released in October. I guess that record might be big.
CU
____
Hang With Me
23 Aug 2010, 21:39
Hello,
it's slowly getting to annoy me that I don't catch up with all the bloggery I would like to do if I would plan better. Anyway... that's not the best way to start another journal entry with the title:

If the last days were album covers, this would be the compilation.

Notable artists (apart from the stats):
> Bruce Springsteen : say what you want but I like his last two albums.
> Das Gezeichnete Ich : that's a German pop group/act/artist - idk. Still getting used to it.
> Miley Cyrus : ever tried her new songs during stressy times? I did. It was good. ^^
> The Asteroids Galaxy Tour : what what? If you think the name is strange, try their music. I bet you'd be surprised.
> Simon Curtis : catchy electro tunes? I'm in. ^^ But I'm not sure if he's that talented.
> Colbie Caillat : chill out holiday pop deluxe. Sometimes it's fine. :-)
> Foals : uhm... sorry, I can't really say much about them at this point. ^^
Stats!
Most played artists:
> A Fine Frenzy : Wow! That wasn't expected. Anyway... I wish I had known a song like "Almost Lover" some years earlier. That could have been my ultra hymn. ^^
> Céline Dion : OK, that could be seen as a kind of guilty pleasure, but can you name another user here that listens to artists like Bruce Springsteen, Miley Cylus and Céline Dion in the same week? :-P
> Garbage : Making the mix perfect, I had a fun time rediscovering the ballads of a great band from the past. Their second album "Version 2.0" is one of my ultimate records. And if you're not convinced, just check how many hit singles it spawned. ^^
Most played tracks:
> Hang with Me : (title reference) Robyn is back with a new (mini) album. And "Body Parts, Pt. 2" might be her best. It's very catchy and partly kind of experimental as well. And if you think Katy Perry has a great track featuring Snoop Dogg, check out Robyn's "duet". :-)
Oh, I almost forgot... that song is awesome.
> Come On, Come Out : I've never realised how good that opening track of "One Cell In The Sea" is... until recently. It reminds me of sunny afternoons with a cool breeze and wild nature scenes. ^^
> You Look So Fine : This is such a winner! I don't want to live without this song. It's one of the best Garbage songs! It's like a mix of sadness, yearning, melancholy and menace. Kind of creepy. ^^
OK... that's about it. Just two more things.
1) Congratulations to mr.tinoforever who's the lucky winner of a big competition in the UK. I hope everything goes well and we'll get new music out of it. ^^
2) I finally made it... I watched the 360° DVD of U2 which was kind of dusty after so many weeks of lacking attention. The concert was very good, the camera work could have been better, the song selection was satisfying and the setting was just epic. :-) That being said I'm happy with the result. It definitely made me cherish the new songs more. ^^
Alright, folks, next time I might write something about the Twilight soundtracks.
CU
Hello,
it's slowly getting to annoy me that I don't catch up with all the bloggery I would like to do if I would plan better. Anyway... that's not the best way to start another journal entry with the title:

If the last days were album covers, this would be the compilation.

Notable artists (apart from the stats):
> Bruce Springsteen : say what you want but I like his last two albums.
> Das Gezeichnete Ich : that's a German pop group/act/artist - idk. Still getting used to it.
> Miley Cyrus : ever tried her new songs during stressy times? I did. It was good. ^^
> The Asteroids Galaxy Tour : what what? If you think the name is strange, try their music. I bet you'd be surprised.
> Simon Curtis : catchy electro tunes? I'm in. ^^ But I'm not sure if he's that talented.
> Colbie Caillat : chill out holiday pop deluxe. Sometimes it's fine. :-)
> Foals : uhm... sorry, I can't really say much about them at this point. ^^
Stats!
Most played artists:
> A Fine Frenzy : Wow! That wasn't expected. Anyway... I wish I had known a song like "Almost Lover" some years earlier. That could have been my ultra hymn. ^^
> Céline Dion : OK, that could be seen as a kind of guilty pleasure, but can you name another user here that listens to artists like Bruce Springsteen, Miley Cylus and Céline Dion in the same week? :-P
> Garbage : Making the mix perfect, I had a fun time rediscovering the ballads of a great band from the past. Their second album "Version 2.0" is one of my ultimate records. And if you're not convinced, just check how many hit singles it spawned. ^^
Most played tracks:
> Hang with Me : (title reference) Robyn is back with a new (mini) album. And "Body Parts, Pt. 2" might be her best. It's very catchy and partly kind of experimental as well. And if you think Katy Perry has a great track featuring Snoop Dogg, check out Robyn's "duet". :-)
Oh, I almost forgot... that song is awesome.
> Come On, Come Out : I've never realised how good that opening track of "One Cell In The Sea" is... until recently. It reminds me of sunny afternoons with a cool breeze and wild nature scenes. ^^
> You Look So Fine : This is such a winner! I don't want to live without this song. It's one of the best Garbage songs! It's like a mix of sadness, yearning, melancholy and menace. Kind of creepy. ^^
OK... that's about it. Just two more things.
1) Congratulations to mr.tinoforever who's the lucky winner of a big competition in the UK. I hope everything goes well and we'll get new music out of it. ^^
2) I finally made it... I watched the 360° DVD of U2 which was kind of dusty after so many weeks of lacking attention. The concert was very good, the camera work could have been better, the song selection was satisfying and the setting was just epic. :-) That being said I'm happy with the result. It definitely made me cherish the new songs more. ^^
Alright, folks, next time I might write something about the Twilight soundtracks.
CU
it's slowly getting to annoy me that I don't catch up with all the bloggery I would like to do if I would plan better. Anyway... that's not the best way to start another journal entry with the title:

If the last days were album covers, this would be the compilation.

Notable artists (apart from the stats):
> Bruce Springsteen : say what you want but I like his last two albums.
> Das Gezeichnete Ich : that's a German pop group/act/artist - idk. Still getting used to it.
> Miley Cyrus : ever tried her new songs during stressy times? I did. It was good. ^^
> The Asteroids Galaxy Tour : what what? If you think the name is strange, try their music. I bet you'd be surprised.
> Simon Curtis : catchy electro tunes? I'm in. ^^ But I'm not sure if he's that talented.
> Colbie Caillat : chill out holiday pop deluxe. Sometimes it's fine. :-)
> Foals : uhm... sorry, I can't really say much about them at this point. ^^
Stats!
Most played artists:
> A Fine Frenzy : Wow! That wasn't expected. Anyway... I wish I had known a song like "Almost Lover" some years earlier. That could have been my ultra hymn. ^^
> Céline Dion : OK, that could be seen as a kind of guilty pleasure, but can you name another user here that listens to artists like Bruce Springsteen, Miley Cylus and Céline Dion in the same week? :-P
> Garbage : Making the mix perfect, I had a fun time rediscovering the ballads of a great band from the past. Their second album "Version 2.0" is one of my ultimate records. And if you're not convinced, just check how many hit singles it spawned. ^^
Most played tracks:
> Hang with Me : (title reference) Robyn is back with a new (mini) album. And "Body Parts, Pt. 2" might be her best. It's very catchy and partly kind of experimental as well. And if you think Katy Perry has a great track featuring Snoop Dogg, check out Robyn's "duet". :-)
Oh, I almost forgot... that song is awesome.
> Come On, Come Out : I've never realised how good that opening track of "One Cell In The Sea" is... until recently. It reminds me of sunny afternoons with a cool breeze and wild nature scenes. ^^
> You Look So Fine : This is such a winner! I don't want to live without this song. It's one of the best Garbage songs! It's like a mix of sadness, yearning, melancholy and menace. Kind of creepy. ^^
OK... that's about it. Just two more things.
1) Congratulations to mr.tinoforever who's the lucky winner of a big competition in the UK. I hope everything goes well and we'll get new music out of it. ^^
2) I finally made it... I watched the 360° DVD of U2 which was kind of dusty after so many weeks of lacking attention. The concert was very good, the camera work could have been better, the song selection was satisfying and the setting was just epic. :-) That being said I'm happy with the result. It definitely made me cherish the new songs more. ^^
Alright, folks, next time I might write something about the Twilight soundtracks.
CU
____
Let It Will Be
16 Aug 2010, 20:40
Strike a pose, folks ^^
I mean, welcome to another...

This week's ACCI is pretty weird, but see for yourself:

I still have a heavy amount of Stanfour on my playlist. ^^ And they just seem to have made a duet with Demi Lovato (or at least on the German music market, as the original version is with one of the Jonas Brothers) which is also quite nice to hear.
Anyway... other artists include:
> Kelly Clarkson whose songs I can't remember (besides the two hit singles of her last album)
> Hey Hey My My, an indie band I recently discovered through another user here ^^
> mr.tinoforever who is one of the finalists of a great competition -> look at his website!
LINK Afterwards you can download a free EP. ^^
And now... stats!
Most played artists:
> She & Him : Wow, that happens when you listen to an album about seven times at night. :-P
That's because their sound is kind of mellow and relaxing. But I don't have a special favorite song yet.
> Alicia Keys : I have to admit that her last album is still growing on me. The pop style suits her piano tunes very well.
> Damien Rice : And another "sleepy time artist". I'm beginning to love some songs from his album "9".
Most played tracks:
> Change Is Hard : Now ain't that a beautiful title? You could easily put it on a t-shirt and it would be cool. ^^ The song has a country kind of style.
> Beat Drop : Considering that some weeks ago I never heard his name, Simon Curtis has left quite an impression with his (free) electronic album (with slight scifi references). And this is now officially one of my favorite tracks because of the catchy chorus.
> 9 Crimes : I guess this will be my favority Damien Rice track. It's calm and has a wonderful tune.
News? Hm, not really.
On Friday I noticed that a german singer (I'm not convinced enough to call him artist) named Christian Wunderlich has a comeback. He still looks like a teenager and he still makes cheesy love songs (though his new stuff seems to be in German). The funny thing about it... I can't remember when he was in the charts. That must be at least seven years ago.
OK, and now the title reference. I almost forgot that today is Madonna's birthday. But just almost. I still had enough time to push my overall stats of her plays to another peak: 2000 scrobbled tracks (if I would scrobble from my iPod it would be even more) :-)
Well, that's it for this week. Next time I might write something about a band called The Asteroids Galaxy Tour. ;-)
CU
Strike a pose, folks ^^
I mean, welcome to another...

This week's ACCI is pretty weird, but see for yourself:

I still have a heavy amount of Stanfour on my playlist. ^^ And they just seem to have made a duet with Demi Lovato (or at least on the German music market, as the original version is with one of the Jonas Brothers) which is also quite nice to hear.
Anyway... other artists include:
> Kelly Clarkson whose songs I can't remember (besides the two hit singles of her last album)
> Hey Hey My My, an indie band I recently discovered through another user here ^^
> mr.tinoforever who is one of the finalists of a great competition -> look at his website!
LINK Afterwards you can download a free EP. ^^
And now... stats!
Most played artists:
> She & Him : Wow, that happens when you listen to an album about seven times at night. :-P
That's because their sound is kind of mellow and relaxing. But I don't have a special favorite song yet.
> Alicia Keys : I have to admit that her last album is still growing on me. The pop style suits her piano tunes very well.
> Damien Rice : And another "sleepy time artist". I'm beginning to love some songs from his album "9".
Most played tracks:
> Change Is Hard : Now ain't that a beautiful title? You could easily put it on a t-shirt and it would be cool. ^^ The song has a country kind of style.
> Beat Drop : Considering that some weeks ago I never heard his name, Simon Curtis has left quite an impression with his (free) electronic album (with slight scifi references). And this is now officially one of my favorite tracks because of the catchy chorus.
> 9 Crimes : I guess this will be my favority Damien Rice track. It's calm and has a wonderful tune.
News? Hm, not really.
On Friday I noticed that a german singer (I'm not convinced enough to call him artist) named Christian Wunderlich has a comeback. He still looks like a teenager and he still makes cheesy love songs (though his new stuff seems to be in German). The funny thing about it... I can't remember when he was in the charts. That must be at least seven years ago.
OK, and now the title reference. I almost forgot that today is Madonna's birthday. But just almost. I still had enough time to push my overall stats of her plays to another peak: 2000 scrobbled tracks (if I would scrobble from my iPod it would be even more) :-)
Well, that's it for this week. Next time I might write something about a band called The Asteroids Galaxy Tour. ;-)
CU
I mean, welcome to another...

This week's ACCI is pretty weird, but see for yourself:

I still have a heavy amount of Stanfour on my playlist. ^^ And they just seem to have made a duet with Demi Lovato (or at least on the German music market, as the original version is with one of the Jonas Brothers) which is also quite nice to hear.
Anyway... other artists include:
> Kelly Clarkson whose songs I can't remember (besides the two hit singles of her last album)
> Hey Hey My My, an indie band I recently discovered through another user here ^^
> mr.tinoforever who is one of the finalists of a great competition -> look at his website!
LINK Afterwards you can download a free EP. ^^
And now... stats!
Most played artists:
> She & Him : Wow, that happens when you listen to an album about seven times at night. :-P
That's because their sound is kind of mellow and relaxing. But I don't have a special favorite song yet.
> Alicia Keys : I have to admit that her last album is still growing on me. The pop style suits her piano tunes very well.
> Damien Rice : And another "sleepy time artist". I'm beginning to love some songs from his album "9".
Most played tracks:
> Change Is Hard : Now ain't that a beautiful title? You could easily put it on a t-shirt and it would be cool. ^^ The song has a country kind of style.
> Beat Drop : Considering that some weeks ago I never heard his name, Simon Curtis has left quite an impression with his (free) electronic album (with slight scifi references). And this is now officially one of my favorite tracks because of the catchy chorus.
> 9 Crimes : I guess this will be my favority Damien Rice track. It's calm and has a wonderful tune.
News? Hm, not really.
On Friday I noticed that a german singer (I'm not convinced enough to call him artist) named Christian Wunderlich has a comeback. He still looks like a teenager and he still makes cheesy love songs (though his new stuff seems to be in German). The funny thing about it... I can't remember when he was in the charts. That must be at least seven years ago.
OK, and now the title reference. I almost forgot that today is Madonna's birthday. But just almost. I still had enough time to push my overall stats of her plays to another peak: 2000 scrobbled tracks (if I would scrobble from my iPod it would be even more) :-)
Well, that's it for this week. Next time I might write something about a band called The Asteroids Galaxy Tour. ;-)
CU
____
8Bit Heart
9 Aug 2010, 18:26
Ahoy,
to start with a good thing... I can't remember if my AEP was ever higher than 3.3 ...so I think it a new peak. *yay*
It's been another busy week and I had some good times listening to music. Oh, music by the way... that brings me to...

this time a small ACCI:

Oy, that is kind of monosonic :-P
So basically the only stats exception is Kelly Clarkson which I heard yesterday. I thought that I should give her another try. Maybe there's some catchy tune hidden in her latest tracks. But so far I'm not sure. ^^
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Stanfour : This brilliant German pop/rock band has entered my all-time top 20. And that happened because I listened to them pretty much every day (or night). But I have to admit that most parts of their first album don't grow on me that much.
> Simon Curtis : Funny story how I got to know that actor/singer. It was a youtube video which recreated/featured one of the best songs of the album. And when I clicked on his website I couldn't believe that he actually put a free download link to his album. :-) Nice promotion strategy. His voice reminds me of Adam Lambert and Darren Hayes.
> Madonna : Yep, that's right. I revisited her last week when I was in need of some catchy tunes to cheer me up. And I was amazed how beautiful some older songs sound to me - recently I had "Bad Girl" playing and I instantly felt connected to that piano tune.
Most played tracks:
> Wishing You Well : At first I always skipped this track when listening to the second Stanfour album (it's track 1), but these days I really like it. ^^
> Beat Drop : Here it is, the best song of Simon Curtis' album "8Bit Heart". If you want to check it out, see some paragraphs above. ;-)
> Commander : If you're into dance music you probably know the name David Guetta. He recently made some remixes for Madonna's last single and is said to work with her on a new album. I'm not sure if that's such a good idea. But on the other side... look at Kelly Rowland. Her song "Commander" is a fine catchy appetizer for her upcoming self-titled album. And I recently found out that she already has released three singles for it. Wow... that's pretty much music before releasing the actual album.
News?
Uhm, I guess I have to skip that part again. Or.. maybe I should say that I have never heard of iamamiwhoami until today. The team/purpose behind this music project seems to be a mystery. But the sound is quite interesting. If you're curious, I suggest you should take a look at the video for "y" on youtube. :-)
And that's it.
CU
Ahoy,
to start with a good thing... I can't remember if my AEP was ever higher than 3.3 ...so I think it a new peak. *yay*
It's been another busy week and I had some good times listening to music. Oh, music by the way... that brings me to...

this time a small ACCI:

Oy, that is kind of monosonic :-P
So basically the only stats exception is Kelly Clarkson which I heard yesterday. I thought that I should give her another try. Maybe there's some catchy tune hidden in her latest tracks. But so far I'm not sure. ^^
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Stanfour : This brilliant German pop/rock band has entered my all-time top 20. And that happened because I listened to them pretty much every day (or night). But I have to admit that most parts of their first album don't grow on me that much.
> Simon Curtis : Funny story how I got to know that actor/singer. It was a youtube video which recreated/featured one of the best songs of the album. And when I clicked on his website I couldn't believe that he actually put a free download link to his album. :-) Nice promotion strategy. His voice reminds me of Adam Lambert and Darren Hayes.
> Madonna : Yep, that's right. I revisited her last week when I was in need of some catchy tunes to cheer me up. And I was amazed how beautiful some older songs sound to me - recently I had "Bad Girl" playing and I instantly felt connected to that piano tune.
Most played tracks:
> Wishing You Well : At first I always skipped this track when listening to the second Stanfour album (it's track 1), but these days I really like it. ^^
> Beat Drop : Here it is, the best song of Simon Curtis' album "8Bit Heart". If you want to check it out, see some paragraphs above. ;-)
> Commander : If you're into dance music you probably know the name David Guetta. He recently made some remixes for Madonna's last single and is said to work with her on a new album. I'm not sure if that's such a good idea. But on the other side... look at Kelly Rowland. Her song "Commander" is a fine catchy appetizer for her upcoming self-titled album. And I recently found out that she already has released three singles for it. Wow... that's pretty much music before releasing the actual album.
News?
Uhm, I guess I have to skip that part again. Or.. maybe I should say that I have never heard of iamamiwhoami until today. The team/purpose behind this music project seems to be a mystery. But the sound is quite interesting. If you're curious, I suggest you should take a look at the video for "y" on youtube. :-)
And that's it.
CU
to start with a good thing... I can't remember if my AEP was ever higher than 3.3 ...so I think it a new peak. *yay*
It's been another busy week and I had some good times listening to music. Oh, music by the way... that brings me to...

this time a small ACCI:

Oy, that is kind of monosonic :-P
So basically the only stats exception is Kelly Clarkson which I heard yesterday. I thought that I should give her another try. Maybe there's some catchy tune hidden in her latest tracks. But so far I'm not sure. ^^
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Stanfour : This brilliant German pop/rock band has entered my all-time top 20. And that happened because I listened to them pretty much every day (or night). But I have to admit that most parts of their first album don't grow on me that much.
> Simon Curtis : Funny story how I got to know that actor/singer. It was a youtube video which recreated/featured one of the best songs of the album. And when I clicked on his website I couldn't believe that he actually put a free download link to his album. :-) Nice promotion strategy. His voice reminds me of Adam Lambert and Darren Hayes.
> Madonna : Yep, that's right. I revisited her last week when I was in need of some catchy tunes to cheer me up. And I was amazed how beautiful some older songs sound to me - recently I had "Bad Girl" playing and I instantly felt connected to that piano tune.
Most played tracks:
> Wishing You Well : At first I always skipped this track when listening to the second Stanfour album (it's track 1), but these days I really like it. ^^
> Beat Drop : Here it is, the best song of Simon Curtis' album "8Bit Heart". If you want to check it out, see some paragraphs above. ;-)
> Commander : If you're into dance music you probably know the name David Guetta. He recently made some remixes for Madonna's last single and is said to work with her on a new album. I'm not sure if that's such a good idea. But on the other side... look at Kelly Rowland. Her song "Commander" is a fine catchy appetizer for her upcoming self-titled album. And I recently found out that she already has released three singles for it. Wow... that's pretty much music before releasing the actual album.
News?
Uhm, I guess I have to skip that part again. Or.. maybe I should say that I have never heard of iamamiwhoami until today. The team/purpose behind this music project seems to be a mystery. But the sound is quite interesting. If you're curious, I suggest you should take a look at the video for "y" on youtube. :-)
And that's it.
CU
____
Before I Walk On Fire
3 Aug 2010, 10:45
Hello,
sorry that I'm late but yesterday's BBQ was kind of extended :-P
But anyway I call this...

ACCI:

I was revisiting A Fine Frenzy and Broken Records some time ago, which was nice. But what stuns me more it the greatness of 3OH!3's "Streets of Gold" album. I'm really into their songs right now. ^^
Stats? Okay.
Most played artists:
> mr.tinoforever : These days this artist is about to enter my overall top 30. I'm wondering where this is going. ^^
Sometimes I worry about his daily life troubles which he's sharing on the internet, but then again I think he will survive regardless of heavy parties or emotional struggles.
> Stanfour : Just one side note: I love "Rise and Fall". That album is amazing.
> Damien Rice : So here's this folk singer/songwriter that is still new to me. I understand why he's listed with the musicians of the "Once" film, because he also reminds me of it.
Most played tracks:
> Chaos Theory : That's the opener of Tino's "Less than three" album and I'm always guessing "where do I know that melody from?". ^^ Anyway I think it's a strong track.
> Everything Has Changed : One of the highlight tracks of "Rise and Fall" - whereat most songs are highlights. ^^ In the original album version this is the closing track and what better title could there be for such a thing. :-P
> A Whiter Shade of Pale : Oh, yes, I also revisited the heyday of Annie Lennox. For instance this song is just magical with soft and louder parts. I wish her newer music would be this good. ^^
News? Not really.
But if you want to try a fantastic chill out song -> see title (Before I walk on fire) by Sophie B. Hawkins. At least it gives me the chills every time I listen to it. :-)
CU
Hello,
sorry that I'm late but yesterday's BBQ was kind of extended :-P
But anyway I call this...

ACCI:

I was revisiting A Fine Frenzy and Broken Records some time ago, which was nice. But what stuns me more it the greatness of 3OH!3's "Streets of Gold" album. I'm really into their songs right now. ^^
Stats? Okay.
Most played artists:
> mr.tinoforever : These days this artist is about to enter my overall top 30. I'm wondering where this is going. ^^
Sometimes I worry about his daily life troubles which he's sharing on the internet, but then again I think he will survive regardless of heavy parties or emotional struggles.
> Stanfour : Just one side note: I love "Rise and Fall". That album is amazing.
> Damien Rice : So here's this folk singer/songwriter that is still new to me. I understand why he's listed with the musicians of the "Once" film, because he also reminds me of it.
Most played tracks:
> Chaos Theory : That's the opener of Tino's "Less than three" album and I'm always guessing "where do I know that melody from?". ^^ Anyway I think it's a strong track.
> Everything Has Changed : One of the highlight tracks of "Rise and Fall" - whereat most songs are highlights. ^^ In the original album version this is the closing track and what better title could there be for such a thing. :-P
> A Whiter Shade of Pale : Oh, yes, I also revisited the heyday of Annie Lennox. For instance this song is just magical with soft and louder parts. I wish her newer music would be this good. ^^
News? Not really.
But if you want to try a fantastic chill out song -> see title (Before I walk on fire) by Sophie B. Hawkins. At least it gives me the chills every time I listen to it. :-)
CU
sorry that I'm late but yesterday's BBQ was kind of extended :-P
But anyway I call this...

ACCI:

I was revisiting A Fine Frenzy and Broken Records some time ago, which was nice. But what stuns me more it the greatness of 3OH!3's "Streets of Gold" album. I'm really into their songs right now. ^^
Stats? Okay.
Most played artists:
> mr.tinoforever : These days this artist is about to enter my overall top 30. I'm wondering where this is going. ^^
Sometimes I worry about his daily life troubles which he's sharing on the internet, but then again I think he will survive regardless of heavy parties or emotional struggles.
> Stanfour : Just one side note: I love "Rise and Fall". That album is amazing.
> Damien Rice : So here's this folk singer/songwriter that is still new to me. I understand why he's listed with the musicians of the "Once" film, because he also reminds me of it.
Most played tracks:
> Chaos Theory : That's the opener of Tino's "Less than three" album and I'm always guessing "where do I know that melody from?". ^^ Anyway I think it's a strong track.
> Everything Has Changed : One of the highlight tracks of "Rise and Fall" - whereat most songs are highlights. ^^ In the original album version this is the closing track and what better title could there be for such a thing. :-P
> A Whiter Shade of Pale : Oh, yes, I also revisited the heyday of Annie Lennox. For instance this song is just magical with soft and louder parts. I wish her newer music would be this good. ^^
News? Not really.
But if you want to try a fantastic chill out song -> see title (Before I walk on fire) by Sophie B. Hawkins. At least it gives me the chills every time I listen to it. :-)
CU
____
The Best Policy
26 Jul 2010, 21:49
Hi,
this time I don't have much time for my weekly...

Little pic:

The only cover that's not covered (no pun intended) in the stats is:
Yusuf's last album which is mellow and nice... for quiet sleepy times :-)
Stats, yes?
Most played artists:
> Bat for Lashes : I'm beginning to like her songs.
> Ghosts : I love their music.
> Air : Sleepy times, part two ^^
Most played tracks:
> Mind Games : I really should pay more attention to the lyrics, because right now I'm not able to quote some verses (at least not right). And I don't want to look it up.
> Night Sight : Uhm, no idea what the song sounds like atm ^^
> Moon and Moon : Oops, another unkown song ^^ (blame it on the sleep)
And news?
mr.tinoforever has released a new EP - it's called "see title"... no, "The Best Policy". :-P
And guess what... I wasn't sure about this song when I heard it on the album. Then I saw the video which features the single version. KaBoom! My mind go rearranged and now it's growing on me. And if this wasn't enough, check out them fine remixes of the song. :-)
In other news... Katy Perry's new album cover is... meh ^^
And I checked out some music by Robert Francis and Lissie... both is good so far ^^
CU
Hi,
this time I don't have much time for my weekly...

Little pic:

The only cover that's not covered (no pun intended) in the stats is:
Yusuf's last album which is mellow and nice... for quiet sleepy times :-)
Stats, yes?
Most played artists:
> Bat for Lashes : I'm beginning to like her songs.
> Ghosts : I love their music.
> Air : Sleepy times, part two ^^
Most played tracks:
> Mind Games : I really should pay more attention to the lyrics, because right now I'm not able to quote some verses (at least not right). And I don't want to look it up.
> Night Sight : Uhm, no idea what the song sounds like atm ^^
> Moon and Moon : Oops, another unkown song ^^ (blame it on the sleep)
And news?
mr.tinoforever has released a new EP - it's called "see title"... no, "The Best Policy". :-P
And guess what... I wasn't sure about this song when I heard it on the album. Then I saw the video which features the single version. KaBoom! My mind go rearranged and now it's growing on me. And if this wasn't enough, check out them fine remixes of the song. :-)
In other news... Katy Perry's new album cover is... meh ^^
And I checked out some music by Robert Francis and Lissie... both is good so far ^^
CU
this time I don't have much time for my weekly...

Little pic:

The only cover that's not covered (no pun intended) in the stats is:
Yusuf's last album which is mellow and nice... for quiet sleepy times :-)
Stats, yes?
Most played artists:
> Bat for Lashes : I'm beginning to like her songs.
> Ghosts : I love their music.
> Air : Sleepy times, part two ^^
Most played tracks:
> Mind Games : I really should pay more attention to the lyrics, because right now I'm not able to quote some verses (at least not right). And I don't want to look it up.
> Night Sight : Uhm, no idea what the song sounds like atm ^^
> Moon and Moon : Oops, another unkown song ^^ (blame it on the sleep)
And news?
mr.tinoforever has released a new EP - it's called "see title"... no, "The Best Policy". :-P
And guess what... I wasn't sure about this song when I heard it on the album. Then I saw the video which features the single version. KaBoom! My mind go rearranged and now it's growing on me. And if this wasn't enough, check out them fine remixes of the song. :-)
In other news... Katy Perry's new album cover is... meh ^^
And I checked out some music by Robert Francis and Lissie... both is good so far ^^
CU
____
Commander
19 Jul 2010, 21:57
Hey there,
I wasn't sure if I would be late this time because of work related things... but here you have a quick

Image below

So what's not in the stats?
- Natalie Imbruglia : I was listening to her second album (obviously) and I'm still amazed about the quality. Compared to her last albums it's very good. :-P
- 3OH!3 : "Streets Of Gold" is a great album with several awesome party tracks. I even like "House Party", though the track is kind of silly. ^^
- Edward Shearmur : I shall say it again. "K-PAX" is one of the best soundtracks ever.
- Diana Vickers : Tbh I'm still not really convinced about her music. And in some songs I don't even like her voice. ^^
- Miley Cyrus : Now that would be the opposite of my last sentences. :-P
- Lene Marlin : Regarding this singer my plan is to re-discover her music because of all the great melancholic greatness she represents. (I'm refering to her first album)
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Björk : Who would have thought that this might happen? ^^ All I can say for now is that some songs are great flashbacks. And in most cases it's also fun to discover new aspects. For instance "Army of me" is certainly growing on me.
> David Gray : Okay, that reminds me of last week when I wasn't able to point out particular songs or tunes. Guess what... same over here now, too. ^^
> Alex Day : First - his computer game stuff is nicely done. Second - his album feels still new to me, though I heard it a few times.
Most played tracks:
> Army of Me : So this shall represent all the Björk songs that are currently among my most played tracks of last week. "And if you complain once more, you'll meet an army of me" (8) ^^
> Lately : Hm, well, I promise to have a closer look at this track for next week, okay? :-P
> Crossfire : And here we have the new song by the Killers - one may think. ^^ That's because Brandon Flowers music is very similar to the last Killers album (which is good, thanks to Stuart Price). But let's wait and see how the rest of his solo album will turn out.
In other news:
The new album of Sheryl Crow is soon to be released and has a strong soul note. Somehow I had to think of Alicia Keys because she went from soul to pop - and Sheryl takes the other way. :-P
Well, unfortunately I can't say much to M.I.A. due to a lack of plays... but what I heard to this point varies from catchy, edgy to disturbing. ^^
And finally... I recently noticed that Kelly Rowland has a "new" song (according to last.fm it's from May) called "Commander". And guess who's featuring her once more? Yep, one of the most hyped DJs/producers right now - David Guetta. Anyway... the track is really catchy. Don't miss it. :-)
CU
Hey there,
I wasn't sure if I would be late this time because of work related things... but here you have a quick

Image below

So what's not in the stats?
- Natalie Imbruglia : I was listening to her second album (obviously) and I'm still amazed about the quality. Compared to her last albums it's very good. :-P
- 3OH!3 : "Streets Of Gold" is a great album with several awesome party tracks. I even like "House Party", though the track is kind of silly. ^^
- Edward Shearmur : I shall say it again. "K-PAX" is one of the best soundtracks ever.
- Diana Vickers : Tbh I'm still not really convinced about her music. And in some songs I don't even like her voice. ^^
- Miley Cyrus : Now that would be the opposite of my last sentences. :-P
- Lene Marlin : Regarding this singer my plan is to re-discover her music because of all the great melancholic greatness she represents. (I'm refering to her first album)
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Björk : Who would have thought that this might happen? ^^ All I can say for now is that some songs are great flashbacks. And in most cases it's also fun to discover new aspects. For instance "Army of me" is certainly growing on me.
> David Gray : Okay, that reminds me of last week when I wasn't able to point out particular songs or tunes. Guess what... same over here now, too. ^^
> Alex Day : First - his computer game stuff is nicely done. Second - his album feels still new to me, though I heard it a few times.
Most played tracks:
> Army of Me : So this shall represent all the Björk songs that are currently among my most played tracks of last week. "And if you complain once more, you'll meet an army of me" (8) ^^
> Lately : Hm, well, I promise to have a closer look at this track for next week, okay? :-P
> Crossfire : And here we have the new song by the Killers - one may think. ^^ That's because Brandon Flowers music is very similar to the last Killers album (which is good, thanks to Stuart Price). But let's wait and see how the rest of his solo album will turn out.
In other news:
The new album of Sheryl Crow is soon to be released and has a strong soul note. Somehow I had to think of Alicia Keys because she went from soul to pop - and Sheryl takes the other way. :-P
Well, unfortunately I can't say much to M.I.A. due to a lack of plays... but what I heard to this point varies from catchy, edgy to disturbing. ^^
And finally... I recently noticed that Kelly Rowland has a "new" song (according to last.fm it's from May) called "Commander". And guess who's featuring her once more? Yep, one of the most hyped DJs/producers right now - David Guetta. Anyway... the track is really catchy. Don't miss it. :-)
CU
I wasn't sure if I would be late this time because of work related things... but here you have a quick

Image below

So what's not in the stats?
- Natalie Imbruglia : I was listening to her second album (obviously) and I'm still amazed about the quality. Compared to her last albums it's very good. :-P
- 3OH!3 : "Streets Of Gold" is a great album with several awesome party tracks. I even like "House Party", though the track is kind of silly. ^^
- Edward Shearmur : I shall say it again. "K-PAX" is one of the best soundtracks ever.
- Diana Vickers : Tbh I'm still not really convinced about her music. And in some songs I don't even like her voice. ^^
- Miley Cyrus : Now that would be the opposite of my last sentences. :-P
- Lene Marlin : Regarding this singer my plan is to re-discover her music because of all the great melancholic greatness she represents. (I'm refering to her first album)
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Björk : Who would have thought that this might happen? ^^ All I can say for now is that some songs are great flashbacks. And in most cases it's also fun to discover new aspects. For instance "Army of me" is certainly growing on me.
> David Gray : Okay, that reminds me of last week when I wasn't able to point out particular songs or tunes. Guess what... same over here now, too. ^^
> Alex Day : First - his computer game stuff is nicely done. Second - his album feels still new to me, though I heard it a few times.
Most played tracks:
> Army of Me : So this shall represent all the Björk songs that are currently among my most played tracks of last week. "And if you complain once more, you'll meet an army of me" (8) ^^
> Lately : Hm, well, I promise to have a closer look at this track for next week, okay? :-P
> Crossfire : And here we have the new song by the Killers - one may think. ^^ That's because Brandon Flowers music is very similar to the last Killers album (which is good, thanks to Stuart Price). But let's wait and see how the rest of his solo album will turn out.
In other news:
The new album of Sheryl Crow is soon to be released and has a strong soul note. Somehow I had to think of Alicia Keys because she went from soul to pop - and Sheryl takes the other way. :-P
Well, unfortunately I can't say much to M.I.A. due to a lack of plays... but what I heard to this point varies from catchy, edgy to disturbing. ^^
And finally... I recently noticed that Kelly Rowland has a "new" song (according to last.fm it's from May) called "Commander". And guess who's featuring her once more? Yep, one of the most hyped DJs/producers right now - David Guetta. Anyway... the track is really catchy. Don't miss it. :-)
CU
____
Wild Horses
12 Jul 2010, 21:08
Hi music friends,
I'm still happy with my new badge... and it already doesn't feel that new. :-P
Last week was basically mostly about revisiting older tunes... and for details here comes a newer...

Wanna have a look? There you go:

So among the covers there's:
- Phil Collins : I'm not sure if it was his last studio album, but it's always kind of surprisiung when I listen to it. The songs are cheesy in some way ("Can't Stop Loving You" hello?) and mostly mid-tempo, but on the other side they have catchy elements.
- Katie Melua : her new songs make me smile :-)
- Miley Cyrus : oops ^^ I mean, yeah, that's right. I actually do listen to her new music. And why? The production is great. Remember when I wrote about Justin Bieber? It's actually the same here... they both even take the advantage of the same producers :-P
- Hadouken! : Wow, I'm so lucky to have their sounds in my life. I recently found myself really liking the second album.
- HIM : Now that was a funny incident. The one evening I was surprised about the "softness-factor" of their last album and some days later I couldn't really get into it. I guess that means it's time for another try :-P
The other artists will be covered in the... stats!
Most played artists:
> Minnie Driver : Although I can't remember half of the songs I heard (because I was sleeping), I'm still convinced that they must be nice in some way (because they let me sleep) :-P
> Coldplay : Can somebody remember the beginning of Coldplay's career? Well, I can't. So I took the opportunity to get into all those somehow familiar tunes (that most likely have been raped by commercials) ^^
> David Gray : I guess it's a short way from Coldplay to this musician whose songs were recommended to me. Guess what? They are also good for sleeping. :-D Sorry, but I can't recall any particular song that got my attention that much.
Most played tracks:
> Beloved : Wait a minute. Oh yes, I remember the chorus which goes something like "my beloved, my beloved". :-P That being said it's a really nice mellow track with piano and guitar parts. If you want to know something about the sound of Minnie Driver, go try this song. ^^
> No Fear of Heights : Ah, one of my favorite tracks by her. It's just perfect for getting rid of stress and hectic. And the calm vocals are kind of touching, too.
> Don't Panic : This is one of my favorite Coldplay tracks (though I'd like to have an extended version of it). I wish I had a better memory of the lyrics.
And now to other points:
Ellie Goulding recently posted her new video for "The Writer" on Facebook. And I was even allowed to watch it (contrary to "Guns & Horses"). ^^ I think it's good - especially the nature and the sunlight. But on the other side she wasn't that beautiful in some scenes. Just my two cents.
Then I saw a live performance of Kylie - I believe it was in Spain. Anyway... she sang some of her new songs which made me listen to one of them again... and again. So I can say that her new album has at least one really catchy track. :-P
And then there's Brandon Flowers. I had no idea that he was going to do a solo album and now there's already the first single out there - "Crossfire". Tbh it practically sounds like the Killers... and that is good! ^^ And when I heard that one of the producers of "Flamingo" will be Stuart Price (3rd album in 2010 after Kylie and the Scissor Sisters... busy guy) I found another reason for looking forward to it. :-)
Oh, I almost forgot the reference to the title this time. So... in case you don't know Robert Francis... no problem. I was there, too. ^^ But then I got a link to be blown away by a live cover version of a Rolling Stone song. Tbh I don't know the original, but I definitely can live with the Francis version. So that means you will most likely see me writing about this artist again.
Well, that's it for this week. Next time I will probably babble about M.I.A. ...maybe. ^^
CU
Hi music friends,
I'm still happy with my new badge... and it already doesn't feel that new. :-P
Last week was basically mostly about revisiting older tunes... and for details here comes a newer...

Wanna have a look? There you go:

So among the covers there's:
- Phil Collins : I'm not sure if it was his last studio album, but it's always kind of surprisiung when I listen to it. The songs are cheesy in some way ("Can't Stop Loving You" hello?) and mostly mid-tempo, but on the other side they have catchy elements.
- Katie Melua : her new songs make me smile :-)
- Miley Cyrus : oops ^^ I mean, yeah, that's right. I actually do listen to her new music. And why? The production is great. Remember when I wrote about Justin Bieber? It's actually the same here... they both even take the advantage of the same producers :-P
- Hadouken! : Wow, I'm so lucky to have their sounds in my life. I recently found myself really liking the second album.
- HIM : Now that was a funny incident. The one evening I was surprised about the "softness-factor" of their last album and some days later I couldn't really get into it. I guess that means it's time for another try :-P
The other artists will be covered in the... stats!
Most played artists:
> Minnie Driver : Although I can't remember half of the songs I heard (because I was sleeping), I'm still convinced that they must be nice in some way (because they let me sleep) :-P
> Coldplay : Can somebody remember the beginning of Coldplay's career? Well, I can't. So I took the opportunity to get into all those somehow familiar tunes (that most likely have been raped by commercials) ^^
> David Gray : I guess it's a short way from Coldplay to this musician whose songs were recommended to me. Guess what? They are also good for sleeping. :-D Sorry, but I can't recall any particular song that got my attention that much.
Most played tracks:
> Beloved : Wait a minute. Oh yes, I remember the chorus which goes something like "my beloved, my beloved". :-P That being said it's a really nice mellow track with piano and guitar parts. If you want to know something about the sound of Minnie Driver, go try this song. ^^
> No Fear of Heights : Ah, one of my favorite tracks by her. It's just perfect for getting rid of stress and hectic. And the calm vocals are kind of touching, too.
> Don't Panic : This is one of my favorite Coldplay tracks (though I'd like to have an extended version of it). I wish I had a better memory of the lyrics.
And now to other points:
Ellie Goulding recently posted her new video for "The Writer" on Facebook. And I was even allowed to watch it (contrary to "Guns & Horses"). ^^ I think it's good - especially the nature and the sunlight. But on the other side she wasn't that beautiful in some scenes. Just my two cents.
Then I saw a live performance of Kylie - I believe it was in Spain. Anyway... she sang some of her new songs which made me listen to one of them again... and again. So I can say that her new album has at least one really catchy track. :-P
And then there's Brandon Flowers. I had no idea that he was going to do a solo album and now there's already the first single out there - "Crossfire". Tbh it practically sounds like the Killers... and that is good! ^^ And when I heard that one of the producers of "Flamingo" will be Stuart Price (3rd album in 2010 after Kylie and the Scissor Sisters... busy guy) I found another reason for looking forward to it. :-)
Oh, I almost forgot the reference to the title this time. So... in case you don't know Robert Francis... no problem. I was there, too. ^^ But then I got a link to be blown away by a live cover version of a Rolling Stone song. Tbh I don't know the original, but I definitely can live with the Francis version. So that means you will most likely see me writing about this artist again.
Well, that's it for this week. Next time I will probably babble about M.I.A. ...maybe. ^^
CU
I'm still happy with my new badge... and it already doesn't feel that new. :-P
Last week was basically mostly about revisiting older tunes... and for details here comes a newer...

Wanna have a look? There you go:

So among the covers there's:
- Phil Collins : I'm not sure if it was his last studio album, but it's always kind of surprisiung when I listen to it. The songs are cheesy in some way ("Can't Stop Loving You" hello?) and mostly mid-tempo, but on the other side they have catchy elements.
- Katie Melua : her new songs make me smile :-)
- Miley Cyrus : oops ^^ I mean, yeah, that's right. I actually do listen to her new music. And why? The production is great. Remember when I wrote about Justin Bieber? It's actually the same here... they both even take the advantage of the same producers :-P
- Hadouken! : Wow, I'm so lucky to have their sounds in my life. I recently found myself really liking the second album.
- HIM : Now that was a funny incident. The one evening I was surprised about the "softness-factor" of their last album and some days later I couldn't really get into it. I guess that means it's time for another try :-P
The other artists will be covered in the... stats!
Most played artists:
> Minnie Driver : Although I can't remember half of the songs I heard (because I was sleeping), I'm still convinced that they must be nice in some way (because they let me sleep) :-P
> Coldplay : Can somebody remember the beginning of Coldplay's career? Well, I can't. So I took the opportunity to get into all those somehow familiar tunes (that most likely have been raped by commercials) ^^
> David Gray : I guess it's a short way from Coldplay to this musician whose songs were recommended to me. Guess what? They are also good for sleeping. :-D Sorry, but I can't recall any particular song that got my attention that much.
Most played tracks:
> Beloved : Wait a minute. Oh yes, I remember the chorus which goes something like "my beloved, my beloved". :-P That being said it's a really nice mellow track with piano and guitar parts. If you want to know something about the sound of Minnie Driver, go try this song. ^^
> No Fear of Heights : Ah, one of my favorite tracks by her. It's just perfect for getting rid of stress and hectic. And the calm vocals are kind of touching, too.
> Don't Panic : This is one of my favorite Coldplay tracks (though I'd like to have an extended version of it). I wish I had a better memory of the lyrics.
And now to other points:
Ellie Goulding recently posted her new video for "The Writer" on Facebook. And I was even allowed to watch it (contrary to "Guns & Horses"). ^^ I think it's good - especially the nature and the sunlight. But on the other side she wasn't that beautiful in some scenes. Just my two cents.
Then I saw a live performance of Kylie - I believe it was in Spain. Anyway... she sang some of her new songs which made me listen to one of them again... and again. So I can say that her new album has at least one really catchy track. :-P
And then there's Brandon Flowers. I had no idea that he was going to do a solo album and now there's already the first single out there - "Crossfire". Tbh it practically sounds like the Killers... and that is good! ^^ And when I heard that one of the producers of "Flamingo" will be Stuart Price (3rd album in 2010 after Kylie and the Scissor Sisters... busy guy) I found another reason for looking forward to it. :-)
Oh, I almost forgot the reference to the title this time. So... in case you don't know Robert Francis... no problem. I was there, too. ^^ But then I got a link to be blown away by a live cover version of a Rolling Stone song. Tbh I don't know the original, but I definitely can live with the Francis version. So that means you will most likely see me writing about this artist again.
Well, that's it for this week. Next time I will probably babble about M.I.A. ...maybe. ^^
CU
____
Lights Out
5 Jul 2010, 21:18
Nabend Leute,
first of all: the badges are back! :-)
If you're a passionate last.fm user, you probably want to create a new badge.
I already did it. ^^
And now because nobody asks for it, there's this...

At first I wasn't sure about my nightly scrobblings, but now I kind of can live with it. And it also makes me change the "sleep well music" more often which is great. ^^
On the other hand it affects my stats. I just have to look at the album cover compilation image ^^

There you find:
- Jack Savoretti (see previous posts),
- Sarah McLachlan : new album still on my radar,
- Imogen Heap : re-discovered her music (in fact I'm looking for the few songs that really have something special).
- Thirteen Senses : my dream dealers ^^ (btw. title reference),
- Cut Copy : good time alternative pop music
and Air whose music has been with me over the years. I recently was listening to their latest album which I still don't know much.
Stats? OK.
Most played artists:
> Annie Lennox : I was trying to get into her songs from the "Bare" album, but unfortunately there's only one song I really like. :-/
> Minnie Driver : Yes, she is also an actress, but her music is good and mostly mellow (which makes it perfect for sleeping to it). ^^ I don't have a favorite song by her, though.
> Amy Macdonald : After a while her latest album keeps growing on me. I'd like to recommend "What happiness means to me" which is a great closing track.
Most played tracks:
> The House : Whoops. Again? Truth be told, I didn't expect that. Anyway, the song is definitely one of my favorites these days.
> No Fear of Heights : Aww, and here's one more Melua track that makes the album so good. It has such a nice calm atmosphere. :-)
> The Saddest Song I've Got : Uhm, I don't know how to say it, but I actually don't have a real connection to this song. However, the title sounds nice. ^^
Well, no news today... I guess.
Hm... ok, I'd like to mention. I'm disappointed be the new Kylie album. It hardly has any highlights. It's almost like I wish there will be better remixes. ^^
I even have to admit that the new Miley tracks are better than expected... and I'd say they top the Kylie stuff. :-/
Maybe I should do a little research regarding "rock mafia" - the production guy/team behind the Bieber/Cyrus catchiness. ^^
Alright, one more thing: I am currently stunned that the latest HIM album is that "soft" (in a good way) :-P
CU
first of all: the badges are back! :-)
If you're a passionate last.fm user, you probably want to create a new badge.
I already did it. ^^
And now because nobody asks for it, there's this...

At first I wasn't sure about my nightly scrobblings, but now I kind of can live with it. And it also makes me change the "sleep well music" more often which is great. ^^
On the other hand it affects my stats. I just have to look at the album cover compilation image ^^

There you find:
- Jack Savoretti (see previous posts),
- Sarah McLachlan : new album still on my radar,
- Imogen Heap : re-discovered her music (in fact I'm looking for the few songs that really have something special).
- Thirteen Senses : my dream dealers ^^ (btw. title reference),
- Cut Copy : good time alternative pop music
and Air whose music has been with me over the years. I recently was listening to their latest album which I still don't know much.
Stats? OK.
Most played artists:
> Annie Lennox : I was trying to get into her songs from the "Bare" album, but unfortunately there's only one song I really like. :-/
> Minnie Driver : Yes, she is also an actress, but her music is good and mostly mellow (which makes it perfect for sleeping to it). ^^ I don't have a favorite song by her, though.
> Amy Macdonald : After a while her latest album keeps growing on me. I'd like to recommend "What happiness means to me" which is a great closing track.
Most played tracks:
> The House : Whoops. Again? Truth be told, I didn't expect that. Anyway, the song is definitely one of my favorites these days.
> No Fear of Heights : Aww, and here's one more Melua track that makes the album so good. It has such a nice calm atmosphere. :-)
> The Saddest Song I've Got : Uhm, I don't know how to say it, but I actually don't have a real connection to this song. However, the title sounds nice. ^^
Well, no news today... I guess.
Hm... ok, I'd like to mention. I'm disappointed be the new Kylie album. It hardly has any highlights. It's almost like I wish there will be better remixes. ^^
I even have to admit that the new Miley tracks are better than expected... and I'd say they top the Kylie stuff. :-/
Maybe I should do a little research regarding "rock mafia" - the production guy/team behind the Bieber/Cyrus catchiness. ^^
Alright, one more thing: I am currently stunned that the latest HIM album is that "soft" (in a good way) :-P
CU
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen