Mittwoch, 27. Mai 2015

Music Things from 2011 - part 1

Continuing my journey into the distant past that I use to call music journal...

____

I'm Glad You Called

28 Mar 2011, 19:30
Hello,

some words on this Music Monday: It’s almost spring time. So maybe I should get me a new playlist for that. Anyway...

Last week (and some days before) in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Pet Shop Boys : New “album”/soundtrack to a play in the UK. Good tracks on it need yet to be found.
> Thirteen Senses : How could I ever have doubts about the third album. It’s so awesome, but that is also because of the super acoustic versions.
> Clare Maguire : I don’t know if it’s the case, but her album seems to have been produced in a short amount of time - I can’t imagine that they wanted so many songs sound alike. Anyway... at least 2 or 3 tracks are very nice.
> Duran Duran : I tried their new songs, but most didn’t convince me. Bummer.
> Tina Turner : Revisited some ballads. Though she hardly ever wrote a song, her producers knew how to do it right.

Stats!

Most played artists:
> Linkin Park : I still find myself fascinated by the latest album - and that makes me give it a few more spins.
> Roxette : I’m glad they’re in my life again. But I can’t decide whether I love the new version or the Per Gessle version of the title (reference) more.
> The Naked and Famous : Ooh, new trendy indie material. And the best part is - they have some very cool songs. I’m hooked.

Most played tracks:
> Fallout : A short, dark and spheric sounding track. Fits the news lately.
> Go to Sleep : Ah, one of the good old melancholic album tracks from the 1990s (though I first heard it after 2000). What’s better for a flashback?
> The House : Another dark and mysterious song that’s not to be missed. It even gives me the chills sometimes.

News?
Today I started listening to Kate Bush - I don’t know what to say about her music (except that it’s strange).
Britney’s new album is out - it’s very Ke$ha-like and well produced - at least regarding the parts that I’ve listened to.
And I’m kinda excited about the new Katy Perry video that should be released this week.

CU

____

Oh Land

21 Mar 2011, 23:45
Sorry,
but I just have to keep it short this time.

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Oh Land : Nice voice and unconventional pop tunes.
> Dixie Chicks : Grammy multi winning album flashback. Nice songs.

Stats!

Most played artists:
> Owl City : Flashback, again. Funny that his music was nice even before “Ocean Eyes”.
> Thirteen Senses : Ooh, that band is too great to be missed.
> Metric : Revisited several albums, but did not really find anything interesting. The best Metric song remains “All yours” from that Twilight soundtrack. ^^

Most played tracks:
> Vanilla Twilight : One of the few ballads. He should do more ballads, and not always that kind of midtempo pop songs where you wonder if it was intentionally a ballad or a party track.
> If My Heart Was a House : Ooh, another ballad. ^^
> The Salt Wound Routine : I repeat... too good to be missed.

No news today? Wait, Britney’s new album is about to be released. I heard a few tracks, but none of them was as good as “Hold it against me”. In other news: Dr Luke makes her sound a lot like Ke$ha. ^^

CU

____

Shattered

14 Mar 2011, 18:14
Good evening,

so last week was pretty tough - especially the weekend with all the sad news. But anyway... it’s time for

Last week in (just a few) covers:

Noteworthy:
> The Cranberries : It’s been a long time since I last heard classics like “Animal Instinct” or “Ode to my family”. This band is/was really great and had fine ballads (title reference).

Stats!

Most played artists:
> Sarah McLachlan : Lovely voice, many sad songs... that’s all.
> Céline Dion : Lovely voice, power ballads... that’s all.
> Lene Marlin : Lovely voice, melancholic tracks... that’s all.

Most played tracks:
> Falling Into You : One of my favorites - wasn’t a hit, but who cares.
> Out of Tune : The opening alone is worth a recommendation.
> Playing My Game : One of the best songs from her debut album.

News? Hm, I heard new songs by R.E.M. which didn’t blow me away. And I’m curious about the new music by Lykke Li.
Today I tried to buy the Lights EP by Ellie Goulding, but I could not, because my iTunes account is only valid for the German store which hasn’t those tracks. :-(
And finally... the anticipation for the new Britney album grows. I don’t expect good lyrics or vocals... but Dr Luke seems to push the buttons right. The result could be fantastic pop music. ^^

CU

____

Better Off Dead

7 Mar 2011, 20:48
Hey hey,

here I go with my weekly

Last week in (a few) covers:

Noteworthy:
> Clare Maguire : It is quite a rare incident that I hear a song and instantly like it - but this newcomer singer from the UK knows how to convince me. She also has a unique voice. OK, after a few spins I begin to realize that her songs seem to be a bit similar, but that’s not too bad. She surely will have the chance to show variety on later albums. ^^

Stats!

Most played artists:
> Thirteen Senses : Yes, them again. The chances are good that they will be among my four most played artist on last.fm in a short time. :-)
> Avril Lavigne : New album power! But I have to say that it is quite underwhelming for her. In many tracks it’s about loving and leaving which is fine, but I expect more from her. What happened to the girl that wrote songs like “Anything but ordinary”? Anyway... there are also a few good tracks on her new album.
> Roxette : Recently I had a flashback when I was listening to their album “Tourism” - it’s still cool. And then their new stuff - feels very retro at some points. I mean, who would write a song called “Big Black Cadillac” these days? :-P

Most played tracks:
> Out There : 8 minutes including an epic outro. That’s all I have to say about this melancholic song.
> You Are Loved (Don’t Give Up) : What? I didn’t expect this one popping up here. Anyway... it’s one of the best Groban songs. :-)
> Everybody Hurts : Here you have an example of better Avril tracks - I just wish there would have been more of that kind on her fourth album.

News? Not really.
But there’s one thing I just have to mention. The Sounds have a new single (title reference) which is amazing. It is heavily electronic, but still very original and edgy as hell. :-)

CU

____

Hard Enough

28 Feb 2011, 20:40
Ahoy,

it’s been a long day, but still another fine

Last week in covers (small edition):

Noteworthy:
> Brandon Flowers : His solo music is slowly growing on me (title reference). And some track sound like they’re from a Killers album. ^^

Stats!

Most played artists:
> Thirteen Senses : The new album is released! Finally!!! And I have a signed edition with lovely acoustic bonus tracks. I predict that this will be an issue for the next few weeks when I’m getting kinda addicted to their music (once again). So yeah, I actually don’t have to write that I really like this band.
> Cher : Ooh, flashback time! Well, I was revisiting some of her ballads - like “We all sleep alone” for instance which is very 80s like with a powerful climax. Really nice.
> Ghosts : Oy, it’s become a nostalgic feeling when I write about this band that had one fantastic album I don’t want to miss in my life.

Most played tracks:
> Who Says : Though I’m still not sure whether he should have made promotion with another song from his latest album, I really like that track with all the mellow vibes it provides.
> Love Come : Hm, now that’s more melancholic - or maybe as melancholic/sad as a track can be - that is until you check out the piano version. :-)
> Ghosts : Now here’s a track I tended to skip back then when the epic Ghosts album was new to me. But now its very cool laid-back beginning is one of my favorite parts of the album. ^^

News?
Jessie J’s album is out now - let’s see if it as good as her voice promised it to be.
And the Oscars, of course... the score of “The social network” won. So congratulations to Trent Reznor. And did you know that a Dido song was also nominated? Well, I didn’t... but anyway... she didn’t win. Randy Newman did instead (once again).

Oh, I almost forgot... Lady GaGa's new video should be out by now. Let's see how creative/weird it is. ^^
Meanwhile Ke$ha posted her new video for "Blow" which has a prominent supporting actor :-)

CU

____

Who Would Have Thought

21 Feb 2011, 23:28
Hello,

this time it’s another very short

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy: (apart from the double TRON reference)
> She & Him : I realized that I haven’t listen to them in quite some time.
> Darren Hayes : It’s amazing how I find myself exploring new things in known songs (title reference). That’s a quality of his music. ^^
> Damien Rice : I was wondering if I might find something happy in his songs.

Stats!

Most played artists:
> U2 : Revisited ballads - good stuff.
> Daft Punk : I was reading a book. And that TRON score is really great for that.
> Michael Nyman : Same could be said about the score for The Piano.

Most played tracks:
> Your Blue Room : A ballad. A b-side track. A favorite of mine.
> You : Also a ballad and one of the very few songs from her album that I like.
> Hey Baby (Drop It To The Floor) [feat. T-Pain] : That’s a more silly random dance track by Pitbull, but I kinda dig the auto tune sound of T-Pain here. But I don’t think it would work as a T-Pain solo track.

News? Just one thing: a new Britney video. And yes, it features many effects. You even begin to believe that she is not chubby anymore. ^^
Anyway... the song is nice. Her lyrics and dancing skills are lazy and mediocre. Same procedure as last time she had a new album coming.
Now let’s just wait what GaGa’s new video will be like. ^^
Oh, and I can’t wait to receive my copy of the new Thirteen Senses album - the wait is almost over. :-)

CU

____

Revolver

14 Feb 2011, 22:08
Hey,

so I just finished my recap of yesterday’s big event - The 53rd Annual Grammy Awards.
And that makes it a pretty special

And how does last week in covers look like?

Noteworthy:
> Cut Copy : New album sounds really good. And the final track is no shorter than 15 minutes! o.O
> Eurythmics : Always nice to re-visit.
> Roxette : Same could be said here. But currently I’m getting to know the new songs. ^^
> P!nk : I can’t imagine my music library without her.
> Hans Zimmer : Fantastic scores for reading sessions. That is all.
> Black Eyed Peas : Their show at the Super Bowl was entertaining. So I put them on a playlist again.

Now stats!

Most played artists:
> Stanfour : New album here, please? Anyway... I’m still not sick of the other songs.
> Genesis : Great band - though I can only refer to their later stuff when they went pop. ^^
> Sarah McLachlan : A voice to remember - like she was born on a Valentine’s Day. :-D

Most played tracks:
> Everything Has Changed : I don’t know what I could say about this track that I haven’t already. It’s that good, yes.
> Love Come (Piano Version) : I wouldn’t recommend playing this song on a Valentine’s Day. Anyway... I can’t decide which version is better, because the “regular” version is also great. So it’s fine she put both versions on the album.
> Hold on My Heart : Ooh, now that’s cheesy enough for a Valentine’s Day. But I heard that some girls can’t stand Phil Collins - so be careful. ^^

News = Grammys
No, I won’t discuss all awards or the whole show - I still have a life. ^^
I’m happy that my favorites had luck, even if they didn’t really win - I refer to an engineer award for John Mayer’s “Battle Studies” and a remix award for Madonna (title reference)... ehm... I mean David Guetta who must be the DJ of the moment. ^^ Of course, there were the usual suspects like Lady GaGa, Eminem and... Muse? Really? Maybe I should give their music another try. ^^
Award kings however was the band Lady Antebellum which makes me really curious.
In other news: Lady GaGa’s performance was ok, but not that extraordinary as last year. I was stunned by Janelle Monáe performance with B.o.B and Bruno Mars. And then there was a really crazy performance by Cee Lo Green joined by no less than Gwyneth Paltrow.
And finally... can somebody explain the hype of Arcade Fire to me? They are not bad, but is all that praise justified?

Well, that’s it for it. But wait, Radiohead announced a new album today which shall be released in... 5 days! Interesting (but I usually don’t listen to Radiohead). :-P

CU

____

Red Hair Is Better

7 Feb 2011, 23:47
Ahoy again,

now last week was really interesting when it comes to music. That’s because my new office situation allows me to scrobble more than I thought. ^^

Last week in covers: (less this week)

Noteworthy:
> Michael Giacchino : I was recently revisiting the gorgeous Alias Soundtrack (title reference). I guess that must be one of the first tv shows that made me realize how great a spy score can be. ^^

Stats!

Most played artists:
> P!nk : Since I watched her last DVD it was clear to me that I should consider to be a huge fan of that singer. She really has unique trademarks that make her special. She’s like a one man Queen band. ;-)
> Arcade Fire : This indie band was on my list for a long time and I finally begin to get to know their sound.
> Darren Hayes : A former cheesy pop singer that turned into a serious electronic artist.

Most played tracks:
> Nobody Knows : This is one of the ballads from her fourth album and features an acoustic piano vibe at the beginning. It later becomes a soft rock kind of song (that reminds me a bit of Bon Jovi). ^^
> Deep Blue : The song mixes light tunes with heavy guitar sounds. Adding some piano to the mix and you get a quite original track.
> Like It Or Not : Another ballad here - it’s one of my favorite tracks from his debut album. I especially like the extended outro which gives it a more melancholic feel.

News:
Only a few days left until the new Roxette album is finally out.
The same could be said about Lady Gaga’s new single which is about to be released later this week.
And the Black Eyed Peas did a great show at the Super Bowl featuring guests like a Slash and Usher, many dancers and even more LEDs. ^^

CU

____

Nine To Five

31 Jan 2011, 21:47
Hello folks,

once again it is time for a

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Phil Collins : yup, sometimes cheesy pop songs are on my playlist.
> Jon Lajoie : wow, he is still politically incorrect in many ways - but funny as hell. (title reference) ^^
> Thirteen Senses : just a few more weeks until the new material will be released.
> Ne-Yo : I was listening to his latest album, but seriously there war hardly anything good on it. But the non-album track “Not Stupid” is better than “Libra Scale”.
> Avril Lavigne : I have to admit that I’m really curious how her new album will turn out.

Stats!

Most played artists:
> Pet Shop Boys : It is just a matter of days until I have scrobbled over 1000 songs by them. And somehow it all started with their album “Yes”. ^^
> Enigma : I think I should give his new stuff another chance - since I’m really into that one album from the 1990s.
> Emma's Imagination : Oy, that was unexpected, or was it? ^^ Wait a moment...

Most played tracks:
> Drive : So, here it is, one of my newest favorite tracks. I really wish there would be an extended version of this song, because it is so good. ^^
> You Choose : I like the melancholic and thoughtful lyrics as well as the calm and dark tunes.
> Stars & Satellites : Minnie Driver’s music is just easy listening to me - but it also makes it hard to pick any favorites, because the songs seem to fade into each other. ^^

No news today.
But instead I have a new mix on 8tracks - can you find me there? :-P

CU

____

Drive

25 Jan 2011, 00:14
Hi,

no time.


Take a look:

Noteworthy:
> Colin Hay : listened to his music.
> Elton John : “Made In England” is a great album.
> Michelle Branch : well, it’s time for new stuff by her.
> Enrique Iglesias : uhm, yes, some songs are catchy.
> My Chemical Romance : I should hear more of their tracks.
> Ashley Angel Parker : uhm, yes, he has some songs on an album.
> Per Gessle : I call this preparation for the Roxette comeback.

Stats!

Most played artists:
> Paola & Chiara : I especially love their ballads.
> Avril Lavigne : It was fun looking back on her earlier songs.
> Phil Collins : He has a good voice and tends to use it for cheesy love songs.

Most played tracks:
> Aqua : Pure chill out mood music.
> What the Hell : Call it “Girlfriend Reloaded”. But it’s not as bad as the new video. :-P
> Testify : One of the nicer songs by Phil Collins.

In other news:
I made a new mix on 8tracks today - so maybe you’d like to check it out. Look for my user name.
And... I’m currently getting into the sound of Emma’s Imagination (see title). Lovely voice.

CU

____

Hold It Against Me

17 Jan 2011, 20:53
Hi folks,

I can’t go to the movies without leaving a little

first. ^^
(NOT) Last week in covers:

Noteworthy: (usually I don’t have to mention all the artists)
> David Gray : nice songs, but I still need to get more into it.
> Annie Lennox : beautiful voice and several great tracks.
> Whitney Houston : well, she once had a very nice voice. ^^
> Coldplay : always nice to re-visit.
> Enrique Iglesias : believe it or not - his current stuff is somehow nice. ^^
> Daft Punk : (can’t wait for TRON) heard it while reading.
> Keri Hilson : the new album isn’t that convincing as the debut.
> The Corrs : “Unplugged” is always lovely to hear.
> Thirteen Senses : only some more weeks until the third album will be out.

Stats!

Most played artists:
> Colin Hay : I’m sorry, but I feel like I can’t really tell the difference between many of his songs. It’s mostly simple acoustic pop - neat, but not remarkable.
> Tina Turner : I was listening to her ballads some days ago. Really great stuff.
> Elton John : To all the fans of Elton John: Can you recommend albums to me that are as awesome as “Made in England”? I was really wondering, if the newer records might be as good as that one. Songs like “Believe” or “Blessed” are very beautiful.

Most played tracks:
> Prison Time : Sorry, I have to skip this. But it was really one of the most played tracks last week.
> I’ll Wait for You : That’s another good song by my favorite German band, but there are better ones.
> The Land, the Sea, and the Sky : I really like that song. I guess it is a cover version, but that doesn’t matter to me. The track makes me want to hear more new music by Sophie B. Hawkins. I hope there will be announcements soon.

News? Yes! (title reference)
Britney’s new song is out. Produced by hit makers like Dr Luke and Max Martin the song will surely be successful. So once again Ms Spears can rely on her production team, as she herself doesn’t feel the need to show talent. :-P
Anyway... the song is cool.
And if I compare it with Avril Lavigne’s newest single, I have to say that I’m disappointed at this point - because I expect better lyrics by Avril. She seems to copy herself on “What The Hell”.

In other news: Jessie J is on my list as a talent to watch out. And I guess I should pay more attention to Bruno Mars who seems to become huge these days.

CU

____

I Look To You

10 Jan 2011, 23:13
Ciao folks,

I’m sorry, but this’ll be another short

My last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> solfall : I was recently revisiting some more ambient kind of music and this one really got me thinking of the Alias soundtrack (from that spy tv show). Some tracks are quite nice.
> Enrique Iglesias : truth is I was a bit impressed by his performance at the AMA’s - I never thought of him as dance music artist. So I tried his newer music and it has grown on me a bit. ^^
> Daft Punk : two words: TRON score - what else is there to say? You don’t know it? Better make an internet search right now. :-P

Stats!

Most played artists:
> David Gray : I’m still not really familiar with his music, though I happen to have him among my top artists sometimes. A shame, I know. ^^
> Whitney Houston : I focused on her ballad stuff, but there are not so many of them. ^^
> Annie Lennox : Again, a familiar name among my “sleepy time artists”. ^^

Most played tracks:
> Disappearing World : This song is catchy because of a nice piano tune. I especially like the beginning or the mellow parts so to speak.
> I Look to You : The song is kind of unintentionally tragic, because of the vocal downgrade Whitney has had during the last years. But ok, it’s also well produced, but not that special. ^^
> Pavement Cracks : This a song that is so Annie Lennox to me. Long clear notes with echo, hardly any beats to realize and a powerful climax. I guess it’s my favorite track of the “Bare” album.

News?
Avril’s new song is underwhelming and quite similar to her last party fun kind of songs.
Britney’s new song should be getting huge airplay in the next days. But I didn’t hear the final version so far. So suspense is still to be “estinguished”. :-D

CU

____

2010

3 Jan 2011, 21:25
Hello reader(s),

here you get a special edition of my

as it is time to take a look at the last year (or at least the stats about it).
But first the regular (weekly) stuff like my last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Hans Zimmer : it’s still winter and I had lots of holidays... so what better way to enjoy them with score by “The Holiday”? ^^
> Daft Punk : I’m sure you’ll see them here more often now, because their songs for the new TRON film are great for background sounds when reading. ^^
> ATB : I re-visited the chillout tracks of one of his last albums which was nice, but also very familiar at some point. I guess, I listened them too often. ^^
> Katy Perry : it’s amazing how much her latest album has grown on me, but maybe that is because of all the airplay her songs get. ^^
> Edward Shearmur : K-PAX score - do I need to say more?
> Nicki Minaj : I’m still not sure what to think about her as a person, but the music is pretty fine.

Stats!

Most played artists (of last week):
> Madonna : Well, what can I say? Old habits. ^^
> Katie Melua : Well, what can I say? New habits. ^^
> Céline Dion : Uhm, yep, her voice is great, and so are several of her songs. ^^

Most played tracks (of last week):
> To Have and Not to Hold : There you have the magic of William Orbit. But she also had some very good lyrics at the “Ray of Light” era. :-)
> A New Day Has Come : It’s not the pop radio version, but more of an ambient Enya kind of style. And that’s amazing how the same song can be produced differently.
> The House : There you have the magic of William Orbit - part 2. I wish he would do more collaborations with other artists. You could argue that his productions sound always the same, but then again... I think it’s more of a recognizable aspect (like Timbaland or RedOne).

No news this week... instead here comes the review of 2010.
Or I could say “2010 in numbers”:

My top 10 artists of 2010:
10> Roxette (372 plays) : Tbh that is a surprise to me. I mean, I like their music and often listen to it. But I didn’t think it would be this much. ^^ Some weeks ago there was an announcement about an upcoming tour (which is fine) and a new album (which is even better). So I hope to hear more about it in the months to come.
09> VNV Nation (384 plays) : Surprise #2 - I never heard of them before 2010, and now they’ve even made it among the most played artists. Funny, eh? ^^
08> John Mayer (423 plays) : There he is - my favorite male solo artist (who isn’t that much solo, because he mostly has a band around). :-P
07> Glee Cast (459 plays) : Surprise #3 - I remember not liking their cover versions of popular songs at all when I first heard them. But you see... impressions can change. ^^
06> Sarah McLachlan (546 plays) : One of the best voices contemporary adult pop music has to offer. And the lyrics are also not that bad. She released a new album, so it’s no wonder I was curious about it. But last year had me also getting into her live skills (I have a concert on DVD/CD now). ^^
05> Sophie B. Hawkins (556 plays) : Another talent which is not that well known anymore. But it’s okay - I remember her. ^^ And I hope to hear more new stuff from her this year.
04> mr.tinoforever (608 plays) : Speaking of talents that are not that famous (like concert tour famous) - this humble fellow made it among my all-time top 20 in less than a year (and I’m saying that with over 70k scrobbled tracks). OK, I first saw him on youtube (as a shining personality with lots of anger), but then I discovered his music. Lucky me. ^^
03> Pet Shop Boys (640 plays) : It was about 7 years ago when I got their greatest hits album, but it took me a while to realize that the rest of their songs are also nice - especially the last album “Yes” which is nearly perfect.
02> Stanfour (681 plays) : Another discovery from 2010 - this German band (with English lyrics) definitely became essential parts to my playlists. ^^
01> Madonna (980 plays) : Uhm, yeah, the queen is back. Besides a poorly mixed live album this artist had not much to offer last year. But then came the leaks of unreleased songs. Again... lucky me. ^^

My top 10 songs of 2010:
10.1> Lights Out by Thirteen Senses (42 plays) : This song features some very fine relaxing tunes. It’s kind of melancholic - I can listen to it both in a good and a bad mood.
10.2> Straight No Chaser by Mr Hudson (42 plays) : I don’t know if it’s the influence of Kanye West or the insolent lyrics - it’s just a great song to start a night out. I guess I had some of these. ^^
09> Monster by Lady Gaga (45 plays) : I actually believed that “Bad Romance” was going to be my most played track of Lady Gaga, but I guess it was so often in the media that I got tired of it. So this “non-single”, which is not less catchy, became my Gaga song of the year instead.
08> Love Come (Piano Version) by Sarah McLachlan (46 plays) : I believe this is the most beautiful track from her latest album - and it was featured there in two versions. I really like the sadness that is fabulously set to music here.
07> The House by Katie Melua (47 plays) : Just look at the cover of the album with the same title. It’s dark and mysterious and kind of cold - that’s what the song is like.
06> No Fear of Heights by Katie Melua (48 plays) : That’s a song that can make you want to close your eyes and lay back. It’s beautifully calm.
05> The Way It Used to Be by Pet Shop Boys (49 plays) : The melody, the lyrics, the catchy arrangement - I don’t know what’s better. It’s just a great pop music gem to me.
04> Red Balloons by Katie Melua (51 plays) : OK, I get it, I was listening to lots of Katie Melua tracks last year. And in case you were wondering, it’s also a ballad. ^^
03> Wishing You Well by Stanfour (55 plays) : I’m referring to the album version here which features a brilliant piano intro before blending into a very catchy tune. But the song is fine as well. ^^
02> Face to Face by Stanfour (57 plays) : Another lovely song from an album that might become a topic later.
01> Everything Has Changed by Stanfour (58 plays) : My track of 2010 is a midtempo power ballad kind of pop song by a German band that I’ve never heard before 2010. Now that’s fine by me.

My top 10 albums of 2010:
10> The Best Of by Sophie B. Hawkins (234 plays) : Well, I declared her my artist of the month in November after I heard that she is about to finish a new record. So that might be a connection. ^^
09> The Citizen Erased: Less Than Three by mr.tinoforever (240 plays) : OK, there might be some minor flaws in the production, but this is an album with really good tunes and lyrics that feel true. So I’m happy to see it among the top 10.
08> Happiness by Hurts (245 plays) : Oh, didn’t see that one coming. Uhm, that’s a nice pop album with a few good songs on it. But tbh there were better ones. ^^
07> Wild Life by Stanfour (246 plays) : This one is a good debut album, but it also has some odd tracks that don’t seem to fit there.
06> Miike Snow by Miike Snow (248 plays) : Bummer! I’m sorry, but I don’t feel qualified to say something about this record. That is because I can’t remember many tracks which is because I fell asleep a lot while playing it. Oops. ^^
05> Battle Studies by John Mayer (254 plays) : Tbh I’m still not sure I see it a weak or a good album, but when I compare it to the previous ones I’d say it’s kind of more difficult to get to know. Complicated, eh?
04> Laws of Illusion by Sarah McLachlan (274 plays) : Here again I wouldn’t say it was the strongest album of the artist, but it definitely was/is worth listening to. :-)
03> The World Is Outside by Ghosts (338 plays) : It’s like an experiment to figure out how long it takes to get tired of these songs. But so far there are no results - I really like it.
02> The House by Katie Melua (358 plays) : Who’s that? JK. This truly belongs to my top albums of 2010. It’s very good, although I expected more uptempo tracks. The electronic influences of William Orbit are very cautious here.
01> Rise & Fall by Stanfour (407 plays) : There you have it - even my album of 2010 comes from a German pop band that I’ve never heard before 2010. But anyway... it’s definitely one of my favorites now.

Anyone still there?
Well, then be sure that I’m not sorry for writing a little more this week... but I’m tired now. ^^

CU

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen