Lovely bits from the past...
____
Boyfriend
26 Mar 2012, 19:20
Hello,
I’m in hurry, so that must be one of the quicker

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Deichkind : I’m still getting into this fine blend of electro and German rap music. Also some witty lyrics really help.
> Tinie Tempah : I’ve heard his name before, but never really paid attention to his sounds. Well, I still can’t really tell much about it.
> The Wanted : uhm, I’m sure this is a leftover from last week. (Mediocre boy band pop music)
Stats!
Most played artists:
> mr.tinoforever : his EP “Call To Arms” is still growing on me, especially the concept tracks between the 2 main songs. I’m sure “Marching Drum” provides great remix material.
> Tom Sinclair : among the “number EPs” (1 to 5) are so many gems. I tend to forget that.
> Roxette : ooh, expect this band to appear here more often, because I’m really in love with some tracks of the new album “Travelling”. Can you believe it took so long to get an orchestral version of “It Must Have Been Love”? Brilliant.
> ed stockham : welcome to my media library. After I got my physical copy of the new EP “Box Rocket”, I visited his bandcamp page and found even more nice songs.
Most played tracks:
> Nosegrind : there you go. A fantastic “concept track” and definitely more than just a “filler”.
>
traffic : wow, that song is really special. Just listen to the lyrics. If I’m not wrong, there is an animated version on youtube. I have to look it up.
News:
Today the world can celebrate the release of MDNA (the 12th Madonna album), which I got on Friday (thanks to iTunes). After a few spins I think it is a very good album overall. My highlights are “Turn Up The Radio” and “Love Spent” followed by “Gang Bang” and “I’m Addicted”.
Btw. her video to “Girl Gone Wild” made me like the song more. And it’s great, too.
Another new release is the “Complete Confection” version of Katy Perry’s second album “Teenage Dream”. The few new songs are good and fitting to the rest. But I’m not sure, if this will turn out into another success.
And then there’s the new Justin Bieber song (title reference) that got released today. Well, I don’t know what to think of it. I guess he is trying to find his voice/tone for the next album. The lyrics are pure teen pop level, which is not a problem. Somehow the track reminds me of Justin Timberlake. What do you think?
COMMENTS:
Hello,
I’m in hurry, so that must be one of the quicker

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Deichkind : I’m still getting into this fine blend of electro and German rap music. Also some witty lyrics really help.
> Tinie Tempah : I’ve heard his name before, but never really paid attention to his sounds. Well, I still can’t really tell much about it.
> The Wanted : uhm, I’m sure this is a leftover from last week. (Mediocre boy band pop music)
Stats!
Most played artists:
> mr.tinoforever : his EP “Call To Arms” is still growing on me, especially the concept tracks between the 2 main songs. I’m sure “Marching Drum” provides great remix material.
> Tom Sinclair : among the “number EPs” (1 to 5) are so many gems. I tend to forget that.
> Roxette : ooh, expect this band to appear here more often, because I’m really in love with some tracks of the new album “Travelling”. Can you believe it took so long to get an orchestral version of “It Must Have Been Love”? Brilliant.
> ed stockham : welcome to my media library. After I got my physical copy of the new EP “Box Rocket”, I visited his bandcamp page and found even more nice songs.
Most played tracks:
> Nosegrind : there you go. A fantastic “concept track” and definitely more than just a “filler”.
>
traffic : wow, that song is really special. Just listen to the lyrics. If I’m not wrong, there is an animated version on youtube. I have to look it up.
News:
Today the world can celebrate the release of MDNA (the 12th Madonna album), which I got on Friday (thanks to iTunes). After a few spins I think it is a very good album overall. My highlights are “Turn Up The Radio” and “Love Spent” followed by “Gang Bang” and “I’m Addicted”.
Btw. her video to “Girl Gone Wild” made me like the song more. And it’s great, too.
Another new release is the “Complete Confection” version of Katy Perry’s second album “Teenage Dream”. The few new songs are good and fitting to the rest. But I’m not sure, if this will turn out into another success.
And then there’s the new Justin Bieber song (title reference) that got released today. Well, I don’t know what to think of it. I guess he is trying to find his voice/tone for the next album. The lyrics are pure teen pop level, which is not a problem. Somehow the track reminds me of Justin Timberlake. What do you think?

I’m in hurry, so that must be one of the quicker

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Deichkind : I’m still getting into this fine blend of electro and German rap music. Also some witty lyrics really help.
> Tinie Tempah : I’ve heard his name before, but never really paid attention to his sounds. Well, I still can’t really tell much about it.
> The Wanted : uhm, I’m sure this is a leftover from last week. (Mediocre boy band pop music)
Stats!
Most played artists:
> mr.tinoforever : his EP “Call To Arms” is still growing on me, especially the concept tracks between the 2 main songs. I’m sure “Marching Drum” provides great remix material.
> Tom Sinclair : among the “number EPs” (1 to 5) are so many gems. I tend to forget that.
> Roxette : ooh, expect this band to appear here more often, because I’m really in love with some tracks of the new album “Travelling”. Can you believe it took so long to get an orchestral version of “It Must Have Been Love”? Brilliant.
> ed stockham : welcome to my media library. After I got my physical copy of the new EP “Box Rocket”, I visited his bandcamp page and found even more nice songs.
Most played tracks:
> Nosegrind : there you go. A fantastic “concept track” and definitely more than just a “filler”.
>
News:
Today the world can celebrate the release of MDNA (the 12th Madonna album), which I got on Friday (thanks to iTunes). After a few spins I think it is a very good album overall. My highlights are “Turn Up The Radio” and “Love Spent” followed by “Gang Bang” and “I’m Addicted”.
Btw. her video to “Girl Gone Wild” made me like the song more. And it’s great, too.
Another new release is the “Complete Confection” version of Katy Perry’s second album “Teenage Dream”. The few new songs are good and fitting to the rest. But I’m not sure, if this will turn out into another success.
And then there’s the new Justin Bieber song (title reference) that got released today. Well, I don’t know what to think of it. I guess he is trying to find his voice/tone for the next album. The lyrics are pure teen pop level, which is not a problem. Somehow the track reminds me of Justin Timberlake. What do you think?

COMMENTS:
ground_f100r 29 Mar 2012, 17:14
I'm so glad I found someone who's just as obsessed with mr.tinoforever as I am (Note - He won't have any plays in my 'Last.fm' library - My iPod stopped scrobbling in April) I love the whole of Call to Arms EP (got a physical copy a while back). I think Marching Drum is the highlight track, and I love the three bonus tracks, especially 'Rebellion'. I currently own 'Call to Arms' and 'Grungetro EP'. (I was too late to get a physical copy of Electracardiac Arrest and I am totally against digital downloading, unless it is legally free, after losing a library of around 3000 tracks) I have listened to all the tracks on ECA though. Which do you prefer Electracardiac Arrest or Call to Arms, and do you have Grungetro EP (it's free on his BandCamp and SoundCloud) ground_f100r
I'm so glad I found someone who's just as obsessed with mr.tinoforever as I am (Note - He won't have any plays in my 'Last.fm' library - My iPod stopped scrobbling in April) I love the whole of Call to Arms EP (got a physical copy a while back). I think Marching Drum is the highlight track, and I love the three bonus tracks, especially 'Rebellion'. I currently own 'Call to Arms' and 'Grungetro EP'. (I was too late to get a physical copy of Electracardiac Arrest and I am totally against digital downloading, unless it is legally free, after losing a library of around 3000 tracks) I have listened to all the tracks on ECA though. Which do you prefer Electracardiac Arrest or Call to Arms, and do you have Grungetro EP (it's free on his BandCamp and SoundCloud) ground_f100r
fm014 30 Mar 2012, 11:20
Thanks for your comment. (Sorry for your library loss.) Tbh I'm more into "Electracardiac Arrest", because it's more of an album with lots of different and great tracks. "Call T Arms" is more an EP to me. And yes, "Marching Drum" is a brilliant track, but I like the single version with the epic piano outro even more. I also have "Grungetro", which was a very nice move - to release this EP for free. :-)
Thanks for your comment. (Sorry for your library loss.) Tbh I'm more into "Electracardiac Arrest", because it's more of an album with lots of different and great tracks. "Call T Arms" is more an EP to me. And yes, "Marching Drum" is a brilliant track, but I like the single version with the epic piano outro even more. I also have "Grungetro", which was a very nice move - to release this EP for free. :-)
____
One Time
19 Mar 2012, 20:06
Bonsoir,
it’s time (again) for the regular

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> One Direction : Mediocre pop groups (part 1) - I’m not really familiar with the buzz about British casting show (apart from bits in utterly enjoyable youtube videos by mr.tinoforever), so I don’t know the story behind the five hipster teens who’ve been put together to make money. And actually (in this case) I don’t care that much, if the product is okay - and regarding bubbly fresh and sweet pop tunes it is.
> Deichkind : I need to refresh my knowledge of Deichkind songs and most of the ones I listened to were very good.
> Hot Chelle Rae : Mediocre pop groups (part 2) - Whatever happened to Metro Station, these young fellows seem to fill the gap.
> Sleigh Bells : No, after listening to their album I can’t understand the hype about this band. I expected more.
> Tinie Tempah : actually this one is very up-to-day, because I started listening to this artist today. And apart from the fact that his stuff is well produced, to me (and so far) he sounds like a European version of B.o.B.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> The Band Perry : some songs are nice, but nothing is special, if you’re not that into country music. On a side note: I recently learned that they get promoted in the UK now.
> Prince : early-and-mid-90s-Prince did great music. If you have the chance, you should really try his tunes from that time. (OK, I’m a little biased because I have memories connected with it.)
> Justin Bieber : well, I don’t think I need to explain myself, why I revisited “old” teen pop music. It’s fun. And can you believe how much time has passed since “One Time”? (Nearly 3 years now.) Anyway... the production team did a good job on those first songs.
No most played tracks this week, because most songs were played just once or twice.
News:
The biggest news (for me) is that Spotify is now available in Germany. It took some time, but now I can listen to even more independent music - and share it with the world, of course.
Apart from that I just can’t wait for Friday, when not only the new Madonna album is to be released on iTunes, but also the new Roxette album. Two of my favorite music acts make their new sounds available in the same week. This is crazy.
Bonsoir,
it’s time (again) for the regular

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> One Direction : Mediocre pop groups (part 1) - I’m not really familiar with the buzz about British casting show (apart from bits in utterly enjoyable youtube videos by mr.tinoforever), so I don’t know the story behind the five hipster teens who’ve been put together to make money. And actually (in this case) I don’t care that much, if the product is okay - and regarding bubbly fresh and sweet pop tunes it is.
> Deichkind : I need to refresh my knowledge of Deichkind songs and most of the ones I listened to were very good.
> Hot Chelle Rae : Mediocre pop groups (part 2) - Whatever happened to Metro Station, these young fellows seem to fill the gap.
> Sleigh Bells : No, after listening to their album I can’t understand the hype about this band. I expected more.
> Tinie Tempah : actually this one is very up-to-day, because I started listening to this artist today. And apart from the fact that his stuff is well produced, to me (and so far) he sounds like a European version of B.o.B.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> The Band Perry : some songs are nice, but nothing is special, if you’re not that into country music. On a side note: I recently learned that they get promoted in the UK now.
> Prince : early-and-mid-90s-Prince did great music. If you have the chance, you should really try his tunes from that time. (OK, I’m a little biased because I have memories connected with it.)
> Justin Bieber : well, I don’t think I need to explain myself, why I revisited “old” teen pop music. It’s fun. And can you believe how much time has passed since “One Time”? (Nearly 3 years now.) Anyway... the production team did a good job on those first songs.
No most played tracks this week, because most songs were played just once or twice.
News:
The biggest news (for me) is that Spotify is now available in Germany. It took some time, but now I can listen to even more independent music - and share it with the world, of course.
Apart from that I just can’t wait for Friday, when not only the new Madonna album is to be released on iTunes, but also the new Roxette album. Two of my favorite music acts make their new sounds available in the same week. This is crazy.

it’s time (again) for the regular

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> One Direction : Mediocre pop groups (part 1) - I’m not really familiar with the buzz about British casting show (apart from bits in utterly enjoyable youtube videos by mr.tinoforever), so I don’t know the story behind the five hipster teens who’ve been put together to make money. And actually (in this case) I don’t care that much, if the product is okay - and regarding bubbly fresh and sweet pop tunes it is.
> Deichkind : I need to refresh my knowledge of Deichkind songs and most of the ones I listened to were very good.
> Hot Chelle Rae : Mediocre pop groups (part 2) - Whatever happened to Metro Station, these young fellows seem to fill the gap.
> Sleigh Bells : No, after listening to their album I can’t understand the hype about this band. I expected more.
> Tinie Tempah : actually this one is very up-to-day, because I started listening to this artist today. And apart from the fact that his stuff is well produced, to me (and so far) he sounds like a European version of B.o.B.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> The Band Perry : some songs are nice, but nothing is special, if you’re not that into country music. On a side note: I recently learned that they get promoted in the UK now.
> Prince : early-and-mid-90s-Prince did great music. If you have the chance, you should really try his tunes from that time. (OK, I’m a little biased because I have memories connected with it.)
> Justin Bieber : well, I don’t think I need to explain myself, why I revisited “old” teen pop music. It’s fun. And can you believe how much time has passed since “One Time”? (Nearly 3 years now.) Anyway... the production team did a good job on those first songs.
No most played tracks this week, because most songs were played just once or twice.
News:
The biggest news (for me) is that Spotify is now available in Germany. It took some time, but now I can listen to even more independent music - and share it with the world, of course.
Apart from that I just can’t wait for Friday, when not only the new Madonna album is to be released on iTunes, but also the new Roxette album. Two of my favorite music acts make their new sounds available in the same week. This is crazy.

____
Turn Up The Music
13 Mar 2012, 00:57
Hello there,
this week (and due to an unusual work day) I hardly can call this post...

But I do it anyway... and now to the regular sections.
Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Caligola : a friend of mine told me about this “spare project” of some Mando Diao members, so I was curious.
> Crystal Castles : ooh, now this is discovery for me. I quite enjoyed a few of their songs and I can’t wait to hear more.
> Céline Dion : I revisited one French and one classic album last week. It was fun. :-)
> The Band Perry : after I saw them playing live on a few award shows, I wanted to get to know their music a bit more... and so I did. (the process is not finished)
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Katie Melua : the new album is quite “back to the roots” and not so experimental as “The House”. But I like her laid-back songs a lot, which is why I don’t really have a problem with that.
> Lady Gaga : it might sound silly, but the reason behind me listening to “Born This Way” (which is quite underrated) is the anticipation of Madonna’s new album. (I guess pop music kind of rules my heart.)
> Bruce Springsteen : the Boss is back with an interesting new record, full of serious songs. And yes, I think it is worth a try.
Most played tracks:
> Girl Gone Wild : remember how I first could not stand the silliness of this (new) single? Well, it did grow on me. Although the similarities to Usher’s “DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love” and the Benassi version of “Celebration” are not be overseen, it’s because of verses like “I know I shouldn’t act this way” that let me smile. -> I know I should not like this song, but I do. :-P
> Turn Up The Music (Remix) (feat. Rihanna) : oh, serious topic. How can I like a song by a criminal? Well, for me it is sort of easy to distinguish between songs as products and the artists producing them. That is why I can say that his new song is quite catchy, despite the fact that there is hardly anything good to say about Chris Brown as a person. And if Rihanna feels like singing with him, I don’t mind.
News:
Sophie B. Hawkins’ new album will be released in June now - after it was announced for March. :-/
And even more sad is the health issue of John Mayer who you won’t be seeing live anywhere soon. That means his album probably will be hard to promote - but it is still coming out in May and (of course) I am looking forward to that.
Hello there,
this week (and due to an unusual work day) I hardly can call this post...

But I do it anyway... and now to the regular sections.
Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Caligola : a friend of mine told me about this “spare project” of some Mando Diao members, so I was curious.
> Crystal Castles : ooh, now this is discovery for me. I quite enjoyed a few of their songs and I can’t wait to hear more.
> Céline Dion : I revisited one French and one classic album last week. It was fun. :-)
> The Band Perry : after I saw them playing live on a few award shows, I wanted to get to know their music a bit more... and so I did. (the process is not finished)
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Katie Melua : the new album is quite “back to the roots” and not so experimental as “The House”. But I like her laid-back songs a lot, which is why I don’t really have a problem with that.
> Lady Gaga : it might sound silly, but the reason behind me listening to “Born This Way” (which is quite underrated) is the anticipation of Madonna’s new album. (I guess pop music kind of rules my heart.)
> Bruce Springsteen : the Boss is back with an interesting new record, full of serious songs. And yes, I think it is worth a try.
Most played tracks:
> Girl Gone Wild : remember how I first could not stand the silliness of this (new) single? Well, it did grow on me. Although the similarities to Usher’s “DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love” and the Benassi version of “Celebration” are not be overseen, it’s because of verses like “I know I shouldn’t act this way” that let me smile. -> I know I should not like this song, but I do. :-P
> Turn Up The Music (Remix) (feat. Rihanna) : oh, serious topic. How can I like a song by a criminal? Well, for me it is sort of easy to distinguish between songs as products and the artists producing them. That is why I can say that his new song is quite catchy, despite the fact that there is hardly anything good to say about Chris Brown as a person. And if Rihanna feels like singing with him, I don’t mind.
News:
Sophie B. Hawkins’ new album will be released in June now - after it was announced for March. :-/
And even more sad is the health issue of John Mayer who you won’t be seeing live anywhere soon. That means his album probably will be hard to promote - but it is still coming out in May and (of course) I am looking forward to that.

this week (and due to an unusual work day) I hardly can call this post...

But I do it anyway... and now to the regular sections.
Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Caligola : a friend of mine told me about this “spare project” of some Mando Diao members, so I was curious.
> Crystal Castles : ooh, now this is discovery for me. I quite enjoyed a few of their songs and I can’t wait to hear more.
> Céline Dion : I revisited one French and one classic album last week. It was fun. :-)
> The Band Perry : after I saw them playing live on a few award shows, I wanted to get to know their music a bit more... and so I did. (the process is not finished)
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Katie Melua : the new album is quite “back to the roots” and not so experimental as “The House”. But I like her laid-back songs a lot, which is why I don’t really have a problem with that.
> Lady Gaga : it might sound silly, but the reason behind me listening to “Born This Way” (which is quite underrated) is the anticipation of Madonna’s new album. (I guess pop music kind of rules my heart.)
> Bruce Springsteen : the Boss is back with an interesting new record, full of serious songs. And yes, I think it is worth a try.
Most played tracks:
> Girl Gone Wild : remember how I first could not stand the silliness of this (new) single? Well, it did grow on me. Although the similarities to Usher’s “DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love” and the Benassi version of “Celebration” are not be overseen, it’s because of verses like “I know I shouldn’t act this way” that let me smile. -> I know I should not like this song, but I do. :-P
> Turn Up The Music (Remix) (feat. Rihanna) : oh, serious topic. How can I like a song by a criminal? Well, for me it is sort of easy to distinguish between songs as products and the artists producing them. That is why I can say that his new song is quite catchy, despite the fact that there is hardly anything good to say about Chris Brown as a person. And if Rihanna feels like singing with him, I don’t mind.
News:
Sophie B. Hawkins’ new album will be released in June now - after it was announced for March. :-/
And even more sad is the health issue of John Mayer who you won’t be seeing live anywhere soon. That means his album probably will be hard to promote - but it is still coming out in May and (of course) I am looking forward to that.

____
Lullaby
5 Mar 2012, 19:46
Hello,
welcome to my 200th journal post here. Anyway... it's just another

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Dido : her third album is still a mystery to me. Some songs have grown on me, but overall I tend to find something new each time I listen to it.
> Eddplant : there was this discussion about music on his tumblr, which made me give his album another spin. It’s quite good from a non-youtube view.
> Ed Sheeran : well, I just leave reference to last week’s entry here.
> Dirk Reichardt : I forgot how nice his score tunes are - he produced them for a mediocre German comedy film, however.
> Beyoncé : and another case of “rediscover that” albums that I find in my playlist. Her “Sasha Fierce” record was the best from my point of view.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Nickelback : I have revisited some of their older albums, which I found not as entertaining as the newer ones. ^^
> The Ting Tings : why did nobody tell me that they finally released their second album? The first impression was promising.
> Pitbull : I begin to like his second album. He definitely has a nose for party tracks. ^^
Most played tracks:
> Your Reputation : no matter what Tom Sinclair will do next, this song stays among the best he has done (in my opinion).
> Lullaby : I heard it on the radio somewhere and it instantly made me want to start iTunes. :-)
News:
Tom Sinclair announced a release date for his next album - May 1st. May the Force be with him. :-P
John Mayer’s new album “Born 6 Raised” will also be released in May. The cover was revealed - and it looks quite artsy.
And soon there will be a new Sophie B. Hawkins album (“Crossing”) - can’t wait.
So far I am really happy with 2012.
Hello,
welcome to my 200th journal post here. Anyway... it's just another

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Dido : her third album is still a mystery to me. Some songs have grown on me, but overall I tend to find something new each time I listen to it.
> Eddplant : there was this discussion about music on his tumblr, which made me give his album another spin. It’s quite good from a non-youtube view.
> Ed Sheeran : well, I just leave reference to last week’s entry here.
> Dirk Reichardt : I forgot how nice his score tunes are - he produced them for a mediocre German comedy film, however.
> Beyoncé : and another case of “rediscover that” albums that I find in my playlist. Her “Sasha Fierce” record was the best from my point of view.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Nickelback : I have revisited some of their older albums, which I found not as entertaining as the newer ones. ^^
> The Ting Tings : why did nobody tell me that they finally released their second album? The first impression was promising.
> Pitbull : I begin to like his second album. He definitely has a nose for party tracks. ^^
Most played tracks:
> Your Reputation : no matter what Tom Sinclair will do next, this song stays among the best he has done (in my opinion).
> Lullaby : I heard it on the radio somewhere and it instantly made me want to start iTunes. :-)
News:
Tom Sinclair announced a release date for his next album - May 1st. May the Force be with him. :-P
John Mayer’s new album “Born 6 Raised” will also be released in May. The cover was revealed - and it looks quite artsy.
And soon there will be a new Sophie B. Hawkins album (“Crossing”) - can’t wait.
So far I am really happy with 2012.

welcome to my 200th journal post here. Anyway... it's just another

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Dido : her third album is still a mystery to me. Some songs have grown on me, but overall I tend to find something new each time I listen to it.
> Eddplant : there was this discussion about music on his tumblr, which made me give his album another spin. It’s quite good from a non-youtube view.
> Ed Sheeran : well, I just leave reference to last week’s entry here.
> Dirk Reichardt : I forgot how nice his score tunes are - he produced them for a mediocre German comedy film, however.
> Beyoncé : and another case of “rediscover that” albums that I find in my playlist. Her “Sasha Fierce” record was the best from my point of view.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Nickelback : I have revisited some of their older albums, which I found not as entertaining as the newer ones. ^^
> The Ting Tings : why did nobody tell me that they finally released their second album? The first impression was promising.
> Pitbull : I begin to like his second album. He definitely has a nose for party tracks. ^^
Most played tracks:
> Your Reputation : no matter what Tom Sinclair will do next, this song stays among the best he has done (in my opinion).
> Lullaby : I heard it on the radio somewhere and it instantly made me want to start iTunes. :-)
News:
Tom Sinclair announced a release date for his next album - May 1st. May the Force be with him. :-P
John Mayer’s new album “Born 6 Raised” will also be released in May. The cover was revealed - and it looks quite artsy.
And soon there will be a new Sophie B. Hawkins album (“Crossing”) - can’t wait.
So far I am really happy with 2012.

____
Girl Gone Wild
27 Feb 2012, 20:13
Hi,
these days I’m not so much scrobbling as I used to. And that is because there will be a change of work - and I had a few days off. But the free time also gave me the opportunity to check out some tunes that I always wanted to give a try.
(Btw I still have a long list of albums and artists)
Anyway, that’s just a normal

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Ed Sheeran : I confess that I’m late to cover this artist, but now he’s in my playlist. So I’m getting to know his music.
> Seal : one word: “Commitment” - yes, that album was on my list on the weekend, because I still think it is underrated. I really like the transition between the first and second track.
> The Naked And Famous : well, you probably already know that I love this band.
> Nadia Oh : yes, sometimes silly dance tunes are allowed.
> Hard-Fi : I’m still not tired to listen to their “Killer Sounds”.
> Lily Allen : okay, that is a surprise, because I can’t recall that I was listening to her this much last week. ^^
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Ke$ha : well, I almost forgot about her and the fact that she had a hit album. How long has it been since “Tik Tok” was played everywhere? Anyway, the music is still catchy.
> Nena : I finally checked out one of her older albums (before she had that bigger comeback in 2002). Some of the tracks of “Chokmah” are clearly Madonna-influenced and others sound quite experimental. But somehow it lacks an overall concept.
> Kylie Minogue : I’m surprised how much “Aphrodite” grew on me recently. When I first heard the Stuart Price produced songs, I was very disappointed. But now I really like the album. ^^
Most played track(s): [well, I did not have many repeating tracks last week]
> Answer : wow, the ending... awesome. A marching beat and guitars and stuff. Glorious. I just had to play it again and again. ^^
News:
What is wrong with the Academy that they really found just two nominees for best song in a motion picture? Seriously, not cool. (And the fact that those are not played live in the main show.)
Madonna released a lyric video for her next single today (title reference). The video features an extremely photoshopped image of her, unbelievably mediocre/bad lyrics and a dull dance track that could easily come from artists like Ke$ha, Rihanna or [insert young female pop singer]. I think that is very sad, because it doesn’t fit her status as a pop icon. It’s way too silly and cheap. I hope the upcoming album will have better songs on it.
Hi,
these days I’m not so much scrobbling as I used to. And that is because there will be a change of work - and I had a few days off. But the free time also gave me the opportunity to check out some tunes that I always wanted to give a try.
(Btw I still have a long list of albums and artists)
Anyway, that’s just a normal

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Ed Sheeran : I confess that I’m late to cover this artist, but now he’s in my playlist. So I’m getting to know his music.
> Seal : one word: “Commitment” - yes, that album was on my list on the weekend, because I still think it is underrated. I really like the transition between the first and second track.
> The Naked And Famous : well, you probably already know that I love this band.
> Nadia Oh : yes, sometimes silly dance tunes are allowed.
> Hard-Fi : I’m still not tired to listen to their “Killer Sounds”.
> Lily Allen : okay, that is a surprise, because I can’t recall that I was listening to her this much last week. ^^
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Ke$ha : well, I almost forgot about her and the fact that she had a hit album. How long has it been since “Tik Tok” was played everywhere? Anyway, the music is still catchy.
> Nena : I finally checked out one of her older albums (before she had that bigger comeback in 2002). Some of the tracks of “Chokmah” are clearly Madonna-influenced and others sound quite experimental. But somehow it lacks an overall concept.
> Kylie Minogue : I’m surprised how much “Aphrodite” grew on me recently. When I first heard the Stuart Price produced songs, I was very disappointed. But now I really like the album. ^^
Most played track(s): [well, I did not have many repeating tracks last week]
> Answer : wow, the ending... awesome. A marching beat and guitars and stuff. Glorious. I just had to play it again and again. ^^
News:
What is wrong with the Academy that they really found just two nominees for best song in a motion picture? Seriously, not cool. (And the fact that those are not played live in the main show.)
Madonna released a lyric video for her next single today (title reference). The video features an extremely photoshopped image of her, unbelievably mediocre/bad lyrics and a dull dance track that could easily come from artists like Ke$ha, Rihanna or [insert young female pop singer]. I think that is very sad, because it doesn’t fit her status as a pop icon. It’s way too silly and cheap. I hope the upcoming album will have better songs on it.

these days I’m not so much scrobbling as I used to. And that is because there will be a change of work - and I had a few days off. But the free time also gave me the opportunity to check out some tunes that I always wanted to give a try.
(Btw I still have a long list of albums and artists)
Anyway, that’s just a normal

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Ed Sheeran : I confess that I’m late to cover this artist, but now he’s in my playlist. So I’m getting to know his music.
> Seal : one word: “Commitment” - yes, that album was on my list on the weekend, because I still think it is underrated. I really like the transition between the first and second track.
> The Naked And Famous : well, you probably already know that I love this band.
> Nadia Oh : yes, sometimes silly dance tunes are allowed.
> Hard-Fi : I’m still not tired to listen to their “Killer Sounds”.
> Lily Allen : okay, that is a surprise, because I can’t recall that I was listening to her this much last week. ^^
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Ke$ha : well, I almost forgot about her and the fact that she had a hit album. How long has it been since “Tik Tok” was played everywhere? Anyway, the music is still catchy.
> Nena : I finally checked out one of her older albums (before she had that bigger comeback in 2002). Some of the tracks of “Chokmah” are clearly Madonna-influenced and others sound quite experimental. But somehow it lacks an overall concept.
> Kylie Minogue : I’m surprised how much “Aphrodite” grew on me recently. When I first heard the Stuart Price produced songs, I was very disappointed. But now I really like the album. ^^
Most played track(s): [well, I did not have many repeating tracks last week]
> Answer : wow, the ending... awesome. A marching beat and guitars and stuff. Glorious. I just had to play it again and again. ^^
News:
What is wrong with the Academy that they really found just two nominees for best song in a motion picture? Seriously, not cool. (And the fact that those are not played live in the main show.)
Madonna released a lyric video for her next single today (title reference). The video features an extremely photoshopped image of her, unbelievably mediocre/bad lyrics and a dull dance track that could easily come from artists like Ke$ha, Rihanna or [insert young female pop singer]. I think that is very sad, because it doesn’t fit her status as a pop icon. It’s way too silly and cheap. I hope the upcoming album will have better songs on it.

____
Starships
20 Feb 2012, 20:09
Good evening,
this week I don’t have much time for this

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Adele : my colleague has hardly heard of her. So I had her album spinning at work.
> The Sound of Arrows : always fun to re-visit.
> Bon Jovi : so there was this afternoon, when I thought I should put on some (pop) rock.
> Bon Iver : I’ver never listened to his music. But that changed recently.
> Dúné : I totally forgot about their second album, which is not as bad as I did recall.
> Stanfour : always a pleasure to listen to - especially “Rise and Fall”.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Wilhelm Tell Me : ha, one week ago I did not know anything by this German indie band. And within days they became important for me. ^^
> Hans Zimmer : one occasion: reading on the weekend. So that happened. (“The Holiday” score)
> Whitney Houston : yeah, I felt the need to check out some of her classics once more.
Most played tracks:
> Lost : what a song. I instantly liked it. And when I saw them live (on the weekend), it was their second song. :-)
> Starships : (again) what a song. It’s a bit odd, but definitely fun to hear.
News? Uhm, no, not this week.
Good evening,
this week I don’t have much time for this

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Adele : my colleague has hardly heard of her. So I had her album spinning at work.
> The Sound of Arrows : always fun to re-visit.
> Bon Jovi : so there was this afternoon, when I thought I should put on some (pop) rock.
> Bon Iver : I’ver never listened to his music. But that changed recently.
> Dúné : I totally forgot about their second album, which is not as bad as I did recall.
> Stanfour : always a pleasure to listen to - especially “Rise and Fall”.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Wilhelm Tell Me : ha, one week ago I did not know anything by this German indie band. And within days they became important for me. ^^
> Hans Zimmer : one occasion: reading on the weekend. So that happened. (“The Holiday” score)
> Whitney Houston : yeah, I felt the need to check out some of her classics once more.
Most played tracks:
> Lost : what a song. I instantly liked it. And when I saw them live (on the weekend), it was their second song. :-)
> Starships : (again) what a song. It’s a bit odd, but definitely fun to hear.
News? Uhm, no, not this week.

this week I don’t have much time for this

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Adele : my colleague has hardly heard of her. So I had her album spinning at work.
> The Sound of Arrows : always fun to re-visit.
> Bon Jovi : so there was this afternoon, when I thought I should put on some (pop) rock.
> Bon Iver : I’ver never listened to his music. But that changed recently.
> Dúné : I totally forgot about their second album, which is not as bad as I did recall.
> Stanfour : always a pleasure to listen to - especially “Rise and Fall”.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Wilhelm Tell Me : ha, one week ago I did not know anything by this German indie band. And within days they became important for me. ^^
> Hans Zimmer : one occasion: reading on the weekend. So that happened. (“The Holiday” score)
> Whitney Houston : yeah, I felt the need to check out some of her classics once more.
Most played tracks:
> Lost : what a song. I instantly liked it. And when I saw them live (on the weekend), it was their second song. :-)
> Starships : (again) what a song. It’s a bit odd, but definitely fun to hear.
News? Uhm, no, not this week.

____
Wepa
13 Feb 2012, 15:29
Ahoy,
guess what day it is? Right, just the right time to provide you with another entry under the banner of

Last week in (bigger) covers:

Noteworthy:
> Paola & Chiara : yes, I’m still hooked on their music these days. ^^
> Pet Shop Boys : here I re-visited the “Fundamental” album.
> Darren Hayes : although his latest album has been among my most played ones of 2011, I still think I need to give it another try. ^^
> Nicki Minaj : when I read that she was nominated for the Grammys 2012 I took some time to listen to her last album.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Kylie Minogue : some of my tags were wrong so I used this condition to check out her classics and the songs from “Fever”.
> Madonna : yes, there some kind of anticipation regarding her new album. But meanwhile I re-discovered the fabulous album “Confessions On A Dance Floor”, which actually comes in 2 version - the continuous mix and the “track-by-track” version. And yes, there are differences. :-)
> Lady Gaga : well, I guess it was a week of pop queens. And so Gaga should be involved. I listened to her debut album.
Most played tracks: (well, once again there hardly is a “winner”)
> WEPA : I was surprised that Gloria Estefan did a (latino) dance record last year. So I did some research. Tbh it’s not as good as I wished it would sound. This song was one of the singles - that even has a remix with Lil’ Wayne on it. But it’s pretty mediocre. :-/
In fact, the beginning of the whole album sounds like an approach to copy Madonna’s “Hard Candy” latino style (thanks to Pharrell Williams).
News:
Whitney Houston died - like her great voice did some years ago. But her music can still be heard.
And music can also be celebrated - as it was the case at yesterday’s (54th) Grammy Awards. One of the surprises was the hosting quality of LL Cool J - he was a good host.
But the Grammy jury was sort of biased when it comes to winners. A little diversity would have been nice. But this way it seems like last year in music did shine only because of Adele, Foo Fighters and Kanye West - and I agree to disagree. And what happened to R&B that Chris Brown’s “F.A.M.E.” won the award for best R&B album? Seriously? Mkay (at least it featured 2 good dance tracks).
Any good performances? Well, yeah, most performances were really good, because they were mostly live. For me the highlights were Nicki Minaj and Katy Perry who both presented new songs. Chris Brown (now three years after hitting Rihanna just before the Grammys) once again focused too much on dancing and effects, but it was okay (and certainly strange to have both artists on the show). The Rihanna and Coldplay double performance was disappointing, however. And Taylor Swift continues to be the small good girl on the big bad stage - I just wish she would grow up already. Finally Adele was lovely as ever - and good-looking as well.
The rest was nice, too, but not noteworthy for me.
Finally I’d like to end with 2 artists that made a good impression: Bon Iver and The Band Perry.
Ahoy,
guess what day it is? Right, just the right time to provide you with another entry under the banner of

Last week in (bigger) covers:

Noteworthy:
> Paola & Chiara : yes, I’m still hooked on their music these days. ^^
> Pet Shop Boys : here I re-visited the “Fundamental” album.
> Darren Hayes : although his latest album has been among my most played ones of 2011, I still think I need to give it another try. ^^
> Nicki Minaj : when I read that she was nominated for the Grammys 2012 I took some time to listen to her last album.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Kylie Minogue : some of my tags were wrong so I used this condition to check out her classics and the songs from “Fever”.
> Madonna : yes, there some kind of anticipation regarding her new album. But meanwhile I re-discovered the fabulous album “Confessions On A Dance Floor”, which actually comes in 2 version - the continuous mix and the “track-by-track” version. And yes, there are differences. :-)
> Lady Gaga : well, I guess it was a week of pop queens. And so Gaga should be involved. I listened to her debut album.
Most played tracks: (well, once again there hardly is a “winner”)
> WEPA : I was surprised that Gloria Estefan did a (latino) dance record last year. So I did some research. Tbh it’s not as good as I wished it would sound. This song was one of the singles - that even has a remix with Lil’ Wayne on it. But it’s pretty mediocre. :-/
In fact, the beginning of the whole album sounds like an approach to copy Madonna’s “Hard Candy” latino style (thanks to Pharrell Williams).
News:
Whitney Houston died - like her great voice did some years ago. But her music can still be heard.
And music can also be celebrated - as it was the case at yesterday’s (54th) Grammy Awards. One of the surprises was the hosting quality of LL Cool J - he was a good host.
But the Grammy jury was sort of biased when it comes to winners. A little diversity would have been nice. But this way it seems like last year in music did shine only because of Adele, Foo Fighters and Kanye West - and I agree to disagree. And what happened to R&B that Chris Brown’s “F.A.M.E.” won the award for best R&B album? Seriously? Mkay (at least it featured 2 good dance tracks).
Any good performances? Well, yeah, most performances were really good, because they were mostly live. For me the highlights were Nicki Minaj and Katy Perry who both presented new songs. Chris Brown (now three years after hitting Rihanna just before the Grammys) once again focused too much on dancing and effects, but it was okay (and certainly strange to have both artists on the show). The Rihanna and Coldplay double performance was disappointing, however. And Taylor Swift continues to be the small good girl on the big bad stage - I just wish she would grow up already. Finally Adele was lovely as ever - and good-looking as well.
The rest was nice, too, but not noteworthy for me.
Finally I’d like to end with 2 artists that made a good impression: Bon Iver and The Band Perry.

guess what day it is? Right, just the right time to provide you with another entry under the banner of

Last week in (bigger) covers:

Noteworthy:
> Paola & Chiara : yes, I’m still hooked on their music these days. ^^
> Pet Shop Boys : here I re-visited the “Fundamental” album.
> Darren Hayes : although his latest album has been among my most played ones of 2011, I still think I need to give it another try. ^^
> Nicki Minaj : when I read that she was nominated for the Grammys 2012 I took some time to listen to her last album.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Kylie Minogue : some of my tags were wrong so I used this condition to check out her classics and the songs from “Fever”.
> Madonna : yes, there some kind of anticipation regarding her new album. But meanwhile I re-discovered the fabulous album “Confessions On A Dance Floor”, which actually comes in 2 version - the continuous mix and the “track-by-track” version. And yes, there are differences. :-)
> Lady Gaga : well, I guess it was a week of pop queens. And so Gaga should be involved. I listened to her debut album.
Most played tracks: (well, once again there hardly is a “winner”)
> WEPA : I was surprised that Gloria Estefan did a (latino) dance record last year. So I did some research. Tbh it’s not as good as I wished it would sound. This song was one of the singles - that even has a remix with Lil’ Wayne on it. But it’s pretty mediocre. :-/
In fact, the beginning of the whole album sounds like an approach to copy Madonna’s “Hard Candy” latino style (thanks to Pharrell Williams).
News:
Whitney Houston died - like her great voice did some years ago. But her music can still be heard.
And music can also be celebrated - as it was the case at yesterday’s (54th) Grammy Awards. One of the surprises was the hosting quality of LL Cool J - he was a good host.
But the Grammy jury was sort of biased when it comes to winners. A little diversity would have been nice. But this way it seems like last year in music did shine only because of Adele, Foo Fighters and Kanye West - and I agree to disagree. And what happened to R&B that Chris Brown’s “F.A.M.E.” won the award for best R&B album? Seriously? Mkay (at least it featured 2 good dance tracks).
Any good performances? Well, yeah, most performances were really good, because they were mostly live. For me the highlights were Nicki Minaj and Katy Perry who both presented new songs. Chris Brown (now three years after hitting Rihanna just before the Grammys) once again focused too much on dancing and effects, but it was okay (and certainly strange to have both artists on the show). The Rihanna and Coldplay double performance was disappointing, however. And Taylor Swift continues to be the small good girl on the big bad stage - I just wish she would grow up already. Finally Adele was lovely as ever - and good-looking as well.
The rest was nice, too, but not noteworthy for me.
Finally I’d like to end with 2 artists that made a good impression: Bon Iver and The Band Perry.

____
Nightcall
6 Feb 2012, 17:56
Hello there,
feel free to enjoy another post under the banner of

(yep, that is new - but the rest basically stays the same)
The point “last week in covers” unfortunately is not available at the moment. (Maybe next week).
So let me go on with...
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Tom Lüneburger : well, basically I just can remember one song title of his albums. So I guess, I need a bit more time to get to know his music, which is pretty nice.
> Simon Curtis : this artist recently provided two of his tracks for free. I’m sorry to say that I did not manage to listen to them. But instead I re-visited his second album, which I still find hard to like.
> Bon Jovi : uhm, well... yeah, that happens when I scroll up my playlist and find that I never really took a look at their greatest hits. Well, that has changed.
Most played tracks:
> Give Me All Your Luvin’ (feat. Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.) : now that should not surprise anyone, since I’m sort of a victim to catchy pop tunes. You can say what you want about the quality of the track/video, but I think it delivers. I won’t blame Madonna to be commercial. She’s never been the “Queen of Indie” anyway.
> A Real Hero (feat. Electric Youth) : last week I watched “Drive”, which is an intense film with a fantastic soundtrack (title reference). And this is just an example.
News:
Yesterday there was the Superbowl (#46)... and that means there was a halftime show. That is always a spectacular event. I was quite satisfied with this years semi-live performance by Madonna (and guests), but I would not call it her best or biggest gig. At least it was entertaining.
(btw. you can already pre-order her new album “MDNA” that is to be released in a few weeks.)
Hello there,
feel free to enjoy another post under the banner of

(yep, that is new - but the rest basically stays the same)
The point “last week in covers” unfortunately is not available at the moment. (Maybe next week).
So let me go on with...
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Tom Lüneburger : well, basically I just can remember one song title of his albums. So I guess, I need a bit more time to get to know his music, which is pretty nice.
> Simon Curtis : this artist recently provided two of his tracks for free. I’m sorry to say that I did not manage to listen to them. But instead I re-visited his second album, which I still find hard to like.
> Bon Jovi : uhm, well... yeah, that happens when I scroll up my playlist and find that I never really took a look at their greatest hits. Well, that has changed.
Most played tracks:
> Give Me All Your Luvin’ (feat. Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.) : now that should not surprise anyone, since I’m sort of a victim to catchy pop tunes. You can say what you want about the quality of the track/video, but I think it delivers. I won’t blame Madonna to be commercial. She’s never been the “Queen of Indie” anyway.
> A Real Hero (feat. Electric Youth) : last week I watched “Drive”, which is an intense film with a fantastic soundtrack (title reference). And this is just an example.
News:
Yesterday there was the Superbowl (#46)... and that means there was a halftime show. That is always a spectacular event. I was quite satisfied with this years semi-live performance by Madonna (and guests), but I would not call it her best or biggest gig. At least it was entertaining.
(btw. you can already pre-order her new album “MDNA” that is to be released in a few weeks.)

feel free to enjoy another post under the banner of

(yep, that is new - but the rest basically stays the same)
The point “last week in covers” unfortunately is not available at the moment. (Maybe next week).
So let me go on with...
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Tom Lüneburger : well, basically I just can remember one song title of his albums. So I guess, I need a bit more time to get to know his music, which is pretty nice.
> Simon Curtis : this artist recently provided two of his tracks for free. I’m sorry to say that I did not manage to listen to them. But instead I re-visited his second album, which I still find hard to like.
> Bon Jovi : uhm, well... yeah, that happens when I scroll up my playlist and find that I never really took a look at their greatest hits. Well, that has changed.
Most played tracks:
> Give Me All Your Luvin’ (feat. Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.) : now that should not surprise anyone, since I’m sort of a victim to catchy pop tunes. You can say what you want about the quality of the track/video, but I think it delivers. I won’t blame Madonna to be commercial. She’s never been the “Queen of Indie” anyway.
> A Real Hero (feat. Electric Youth) : last week I watched “Drive”, which is an intense film with a fantastic soundtrack (title reference). And this is just an example.
News:
Yesterday there was the Superbowl (#46)... and that means there was a halftime show. That is always a spectacular event. I was quite satisfied with this years semi-live performance by Madonna (and guests), but I would not call it her best or biggest gig. At least it was entertaining.
(btw. you can already pre-order her new album “MDNA” that is to be released in a few weeks.)

____
Devil Wouldn't Recognize You
30 Jan 2012, 23:38
Hey hey,
looking for some recommendations? Then you might like this week’s

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Tom Lüneburger : see, his one album already got noticed by my playlists. And I just started with the second one.
> SebastiAn : apart from the provoking cover image this artist makes some nice electro music, which sometimes is a bit heavy.
> Sheryl Crow : I was surprised of how much I liked the “Detours” album, when I got to re-visit it last week.
> Sarah McLachlan : she is one of the artist that has fabulous live qualities, which I like most on her “Afterglow” live album.
> Udo Jürgens : his songs sometimes have kind of a soothing effect, that I like as much as the lyrics. His tunes feel like modern classics.
> Court Yard Hounds : speaking of soothing, this country act also shines with easy listening songs.
> Nick Carter : uhm, how should I explain this? Well, actually it was just some kind of nosiness. And believe it or not. Some tracks were well produced.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Paola & Chiara : simple reason: new albums to discover. One of them was “Win the Game”, of which existence I just read recently.
> Lee MacDougall : see, like I said, he will now rise in my charts. Lovely music.
> Madonna : ooh, that will be discussed later.
Most played tracks: (actually those stats were a bit corrupted)
> Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You : it’s like they said in an article. The album “Hard Candy” is hard to like, although some songs are better than the whole concept of mixing dance tunes with urban beats. This one for example has great basics and dark lyrics. With some tweaks it could be a great Madonna track, but with all the uptempo elements and beat breaks it is just good.
News:
So, now it’s official. The new Madonna single “Give Me All Your Luvin’” will be released... this week! Yes, I call it a fan moment, because I can’t wait to hear the final version of what was leaked as “Give Me All Your Love”. Tbh the artist once again chose the easy way by putting hip talents on the song as features - in this case Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.. At this point I don’t see a reason to blame her. The result might be amazing. Let’s see. (video release was also announced)
But somehow it’s a shame considering that “Shady Love” (by the Scissor Sisters) will not be able to purchase until the middle of February (although the video is out there since the beginning of 2012). I hope they can make it up with some great remixes by then.
Hey hey,
looking for some recommendations? Then you might like this week’s

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Tom Lüneburger : see, his one album already got noticed by my playlists. And I just started with the second one.
> SebastiAn : apart from the provoking cover image this artist makes some nice electro music, which sometimes is a bit heavy.
> Sheryl Crow : I was surprised of how much I liked the “Detours” album, when I got to re-visit it last week.
> Sarah McLachlan : she is one of the artist that has fabulous live qualities, which I like most on her “Afterglow” live album.
> Udo Jürgens : his songs sometimes have kind of a soothing effect, that I like as much as the lyrics. His tunes feel like modern classics.
> Court Yard Hounds : speaking of soothing, this country act also shines with easy listening songs.
> Nick Carter : uhm, how should I explain this? Well, actually it was just some kind of nosiness. And believe it or not. Some tracks were well produced.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Paola & Chiara : simple reason: new albums to discover. One of them was “Win the Game”, of which existence I just read recently.
> Lee MacDougall : see, like I said, he will now rise in my charts. Lovely music.
> Madonna : ooh, that will be discussed later.
Most played tracks: (actually those stats were a bit corrupted)
> Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You : it’s like they said in an article. The album “Hard Candy” is hard to like, although some songs are better than the whole concept of mixing dance tunes with urban beats. This one for example has great basics and dark lyrics. With some tweaks it could be a great Madonna track, but with all the uptempo elements and beat breaks it is just good.
News:
So, now it’s official. The new Madonna single “Give Me All Your Luvin’” will be released... this week! Yes, I call it a fan moment, because I can’t wait to hear the final version of what was leaked as “Give Me All Your Love”. Tbh the artist once again chose the easy way by putting hip talents on the song as features - in this case Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.. At this point I don’t see a reason to blame her. The result might be amazing. Let’s see. (video release was also announced)
But somehow it’s a shame considering that “Shady Love” (by the Scissor Sisters) will not be able to purchase until the middle of February (although the video is out there since the beginning of 2012). I hope they can make it up with some great remixes by then.

looking for some recommendations? Then you might like this week’s

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Tom Lüneburger : see, his one album already got noticed by my playlists. And I just started with the second one.
> SebastiAn : apart from the provoking cover image this artist makes some nice electro music, which sometimes is a bit heavy.
> Sheryl Crow : I was surprised of how much I liked the “Detours” album, when I got to re-visit it last week.
> Sarah McLachlan : she is one of the artist that has fabulous live qualities, which I like most on her “Afterglow” live album.
> Udo Jürgens : his songs sometimes have kind of a soothing effect, that I like as much as the lyrics. His tunes feel like modern classics.
> Court Yard Hounds : speaking of soothing, this country act also shines with easy listening songs.
> Nick Carter : uhm, how should I explain this? Well, actually it was just some kind of nosiness. And believe it or not. Some tracks were well produced.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Paola & Chiara : simple reason: new albums to discover. One of them was “Win the Game”, of which existence I just read recently.
> Lee MacDougall : see, like I said, he will now rise in my charts. Lovely music.
> Madonna : ooh, that will be discussed later.
Most played tracks: (actually those stats were a bit corrupted)
> Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You : it’s like they said in an article. The album “Hard Candy” is hard to like, although some songs are better than the whole concept of mixing dance tunes with urban beats. This one for example has great basics and dark lyrics. With some tweaks it could be a great Madonna track, but with all the uptempo elements and beat breaks it is just good.
News:
So, now it’s official. The new Madonna single “Give Me All Your Luvin’” will be released... this week! Yes, I call it a fan moment, because I can’t wait to hear the final version of what was leaked as “Give Me All Your Love”. Tbh the artist once again chose the easy way by putting hip talents on the song as features - in this case Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.. At this point I don’t see a reason to blame her. The result might be amazing. Let’s see. (video release was also announced)
But somehow it’s a shame considering that “Shady Love” (by the Scissor Sisters) will not be able to purchase until the middle of February (although the video is out there since the beginning of 2012). I hope they can make it up with some great remixes by then.

____
Picture
23 Jan 2012, 20:09
Ahoy,
you are just weeks away from a new theme logo, that practically says...

Last week in (a few) covers

Noteworthy: well, just take a look at the...
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Paola & Chiara : yeah, basically I was just in the mood for simple pop tunes with “soothing” voices. Tada! Flashback perfect. ^^
> Tom Sinclair : well, you know, when I get to recommend his album “Rush”, I feel the need to give it another spin. And that actually did happen last week.
> Tom Lüneburger : oh, so here I have a “new” artist, that I haven’t heard before last Friday. True fact. I went to his concert without knowing any of his songs. I just watched his supporting artist Lee MacDougall on YouTube and thought that alone would be worth it. And actually it would have been - Lee is a one man show you should not miss. But that Lüneburger guy also knows how to play a show quite well. That’s why I took some time to get to know his songs (title reference).
(I’m sure it won’t be the last time you read about them here.)
Most played tracks:
> Vicky : I love that song, even though I don’t quite know what the lyrics are about. But it makes me dream.
> Fly : Another fine track for sleepy times. I like the way the music gets higher. But I guess the lyrics sound better in French (there is a French version called “Vole”).
News? Well, I listened to that (old) soundtrack to a country music themed film featuring Gwyneth Paltrow and that dude from the second TRON movie - nice music.
And there’s a Youtube clip of all the Kylie music videos - 25 years in 17 minutes - great work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSOGpl-t4E0
Oh, and another cheesy thing happened - I started to watch the Justin Bieber film “Never Say Never”. I might finish it tomorrow. So far it’s okay, but too much like an MTV special.
Ahoy,
you are just weeks away from a new theme logo, that practically says...

Last week in (a few) covers

Noteworthy: well, just take a look at the...
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Paola & Chiara : yeah, basically I was just in the mood for simple pop tunes with “soothing” voices. Tada! Flashback perfect. ^^
> Tom Sinclair : well, you know, when I get to recommend his album “Rush”, I feel the need to give it another spin. And that actually did happen last week.
> Tom Lüneburger : oh, so here I have a “new” artist, that I haven’t heard before last Friday. True fact. I went to his concert without knowing any of his songs. I just watched his supporting artist Lee MacDougall on YouTube and thought that alone would be worth it. And actually it would have been - Lee is a one man show you should not miss. But that Lüneburger guy also knows how to play a show quite well. That’s why I took some time to get to know his songs (title reference).
(I’m sure it won’t be the last time you read about them here.)
Most played tracks:
> Vicky : I love that song, even though I don’t quite know what the lyrics are about. But it makes me dream.
> Fly : Another fine track for sleepy times. I like the way the music gets higher. But I guess the lyrics sound better in French (there is a French version called “Vole”).
News? Well, I listened to that (old) soundtrack to a country music themed film featuring Gwyneth Paltrow and that dude from the second TRON movie - nice music.
And there’s a Youtube clip of all the Kylie music videos - 25 years in 17 minutes - great work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSOGpl-t4E0
Oh, and another cheesy thing happened - I started to watch the Justin Bieber film “Never Say Never”. I might finish it tomorrow. So far it’s okay, but too much like an MTV special.

you are just weeks away from a new theme logo, that practically says...

Last week in (a few) covers

Noteworthy: well, just take a look at the...
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Paola & Chiara : yeah, basically I was just in the mood for simple pop tunes with “soothing” voices. Tada! Flashback perfect. ^^
> Tom Sinclair : well, you know, when I get to recommend his album “Rush”, I feel the need to give it another spin. And that actually did happen last week.
> Tom Lüneburger : oh, so here I have a “new” artist, that I haven’t heard before last Friday. True fact. I went to his concert without knowing any of his songs. I just watched his supporting artist Lee MacDougall on YouTube and thought that alone would be worth it. And actually it would have been - Lee is a one man show you should not miss. But that Lüneburger guy also knows how to play a show quite well. That’s why I took some time to get to know his songs (title reference).
(I’m sure it won’t be the last time you read about them here.)
Most played tracks:
> Vicky : I love that song, even though I don’t quite know what the lyrics are about. But it makes me dream.
> Fly : Another fine track for sleepy times. I like the way the music gets higher. But I guess the lyrics sound better in French (there is a French version called “Vole”).
News? Well, I listened to that (old) soundtrack to a country music themed film featuring Gwyneth Paltrow and that dude from the second TRON movie - nice music.
And there’s a Youtube clip of all the Kylie music videos - 25 years in 17 minutes - great work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSOGpl-t4E0
Oh, and another cheesy thing happened - I started to watch the Justin Bieber film “Never Say Never”. I might finish it tomorrow. So far it’s okay, but too much like an MTV special.

____
Masterpiece
16 Jan 2012, 22:26
Hello,
welcome back to a shortly written

Last week in (a few) covers:

Noteworthy:
> Alanis Morissette : I re-visited some classic hits - hence the “Collection” cover.
> Annie Lennox : her album “Bare” is still growing on me.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Alexander Marcus : Ooh, how should I explain. By coincidence we had a talk about this artist. Then I thought I should check out some of his songs. That’s how it happened.
> Elton John : Well, that is just because of my need for more ballads - so much for an explanation.
> Air : oh, I re-visited “Moon Safari” which is an amazing album. You should definitely give it a try.
Most played tracks: (I did not have a particular track on heavy rotation)
> a random mellow Bryan Adams track : for sleepy times
> a random Elton John ballad : for sleepy times
> random Pet Shop Boys tunes : for sleepy times
News? Just one thing - let’s look at yesterday’s “Golden Globe” Awards - especially the song category. We had Elton John, Chris Cornell, Mary J. Blige and Glenn Close and Madonna competing. That’s a nice mix.
I was very surprised that Madonna won, mostly because her song (title reference) is barely known. So I hope it will be included on her new album. :-)
Hello,
welcome back to a shortly written

Last week in (a few) covers:

Noteworthy:
> Alanis Morissette : I re-visited some classic hits - hence the “Collection” cover.
> Annie Lennox : her album “Bare” is still growing on me.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Alexander Marcus : Ooh, how should I explain. By coincidence we had a talk about this artist. Then I thought I should check out some of his songs. That’s how it happened.
> Elton John : Well, that is just because of my need for more ballads - so much for an explanation.
> Air : oh, I re-visited “Moon Safari” which is an amazing album. You should definitely give it a try.
Most played tracks: (I did not have a particular track on heavy rotation)
> a random mellow Bryan Adams track : for sleepy times
> a random Elton John ballad : for sleepy times
> random Pet Shop Boys tunes : for sleepy times
News? Just one thing - let’s look at yesterday’s “Golden Globe” Awards - especially the song category. We had Elton John, Chris Cornell, Mary J. Blige and Glenn Close and Madonna competing. That’s a nice mix.
I was very surprised that Madonna won, mostly because her song (title reference) is barely known. So I hope it will be included on her new album. :-)

welcome back to a shortly written

Last week in (a few) covers:

Noteworthy:
> Alanis Morissette : I re-visited some classic hits - hence the “Collection” cover.
> Annie Lennox : her album “Bare” is still growing on me.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Alexander Marcus : Ooh, how should I explain. By coincidence we had a talk about this artist. Then I thought I should check out some of his songs. That’s how it happened.
> Elton John : Well, that is just because of my need for more ballads - so much for an explanation.
> Air : oh, I re-visited “Moon Safari” which is an amazing album. You should definitely give it a try.
Most played tracks: (I did not have a particular track on heavy rotation)
> a random mellow Bryan Adams track : for sleepy times
> a random Elton John ballad : for sleepy times
> random Pet Shop Boys tunes : for sleepy times
News? Just one thing - let’s look at yesterday’s “Golden Globe” Awards - especially the song category. We had Elton John, Chris Cornell, Mary J. Blige and Glenn Close and Madonna competing. That’s a nice mix.
I was very surprised that Madonna won, mostly because her song (title reference) is barely known. So I hope it will be included on her new album. :-)

____
Something Special
9 Jan 2012, 20:14
So here’s where my year 2012 in music starts. Welcome.

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> solfall : tbh I just wanted to give his second album another try after a long hiatus. So I can now say once more that some tracks are nice.
> Michael Nyman : I needed some chilling piano tunes at work. So that’s that.
> Shania Twain : ooh, and this one was just for fun, when I decided to listen to her “Up!” album (red/pop version, of course).
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Tom Sinclair : it was all about “Rush” last week. I was kind of shocked I never really got to play it at home. That thing changed for sure. :-)
> Tina Turner : sweet memories. It actually started with a late evening when I looked at my music library and I found that live album from her latest tour (2009). I only listened to “What You Get Is What You See” and it gave me the chills, because it was such an incredible live version - and really good mixed as well. So from then I went through most of her greatest hits at home and at work - so many great songs.
> Sunrise Avenue : a friend of mine recommended this band to me. So I took the chance to get into their latest tunes - including an acoustic album. Overall it was okay, but so far it’s just that. ^^
Most played tracks:
> Retrospect : the artist just makes so much right when a piano is included. Only the ending is a little bummer. But apart from that it’s pretty much that kind of song I can easily listen to throughout the day. ^^
> Something Special : that ballad really grew on me. I should try to find out from what time it was recorded and if there are more songs like this among Tina’s discography.
> Ohne Liebe bin ich nichts : Hm, I can’t decide whether I like this version or the “Berlin Version” with male guest vocals. Idk... but the song is beautiful - try it.
News:
mr.tinoforever gave me the news that a new Killers album can be expected this year. Yes!
I’ll put that on the list with Madonna and Cher. 2012 looks good so far. :-D
So here’s where my year 2012 in music starts. Welcome.

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> solfall : tbh I just wanted to give his second album another try after a long hiatus. So I can now say once more that some tracks are nice.
> Michael Nyman : I needed some chilling piano tunes at work. So that’s that.
> Shania Twain : ooh, and this one was just for fun, when I decided to listen to her “Up!” album (red/pop version, of course).
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Tom Sinclair : it was all about “Rush” last week. I was kind of shocked I never really got to play it at home. That thing changed for sure. :-)
> Tina Turner : sweet memories. It actually started with a late evening when I looked at my music library and I found that live album from her latest tour (2009). I only listened to “What You Get Is What You See” and it gave me the chills, because it was such an incredible live version - and really good mixed as well. So from then I went through most of her greatest hits at home and at work - so many great songs.
> Sunrise Avenue : a friend of mine recommended this band to me. So I took the chance to get into their latest tunes - including an acoustic album. Overall it was okay, but so far it’s just that. ^^
Most played tracks:
> Retrospect : the artist just makes so much right when a piano is included. Only the ending is a little bummer. But apart from that it’s pretty much that kind of song I can easily listen to throughout the day. ^^
> Something Special : that ballad really grew on me. I should try to find out from what time it was recorded and if there are more songs like this among Tina’s discography.
> Ohne Liebe bin ich nichts : Hm, I can’t decide whether I like this version or the “Berlin Version” with male guest vocals. Idk... but the song is beautiful - try it.
News:
mr.tinoforever gave me the news that a new Killers album can be expected this year. Yes!
I’ll put that on the list with Madonna and Cher. 2012 looks good so far. :-D


Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> solfall : tbh I just wanted to give his second album another try after a long hiatus. So I can now say once more that some tracks are nice.
> Michael Nyman : I needed some chilling piano tunes at work. So that’s that.
> Shania Twain : ooh, and this one was just for fun, when I decided to listen to her “Up!” album (red/pop version, of course).
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Tom Sinclair : it was all about “Rush” last week. I was kind of shocked I never really got to play it at home. That thing changed for sure. :-)
> Tina Turner : sweet memories. It actually started with a late evening when I looked at my music library and I found that live album from her latest tour (2009). I only listened to “What You Get Is What You See” and it gave me the chills, because it was such an incredible live version - and really good mixed as well. So from then I went through most of her greatest hits at home and at work - so many great songs.
> Sunrise Avenue : a friend of mine recommended this band to me. So I took the chance to get into their latest tunes - including an acoustic album. Overall it was okay, but so far it’s just that. ^^
Most played tracks:
> Retrospect : the artist just makes so much right when a piano is included. Only the ending is a little bummer. But apart from that it’s pretty much that kind of song I can easily listen to throughout the day. ^^
> Something Special : that ballad really grew on me. I should try to find out from what time it was recorded and if there are more songs like this among Tina’s discography.
> Ohne Liebe bin ich nichts : Hm, I can’t decide whether I like this version or the “Berlin Version” with male guest vocals. Idk... but the song is beautiful - try it.
News:
mr.tinoforever gave me the news that a new Killers album can be expected this year. Yes!
I’ll put that on the list with Madonna and Cher. 2012 looks good so far. :-D

____
My year 2011 in music
2 Jan 2012, 23:54
Welcome to this special

Normally I would now reminisce about my last week in music. But trust me when I say that there ain’t been much to discuss (apart from the fact that I listened to PlayRadioPlay! a lot).
So this time I’ll focus on the last year instead - my artists, my songs, my albums of 2011. It's all stats!
Artists
20> Kylie Minogue (223 plays) : It took me some time, but I now kind of like her latest album “Aphrodite”.
19> Britney Spears (237 plays) : Though her album “Femme Fatale” was well produced, only the hit singles really mattered to me.
18> Avril Lavigne (241 plays) : Her latest album is still somehow “meh”, although there are a few good tracks on it.
17> The Sounds (242 plays) : Lovely band - and I saw them live!
16> Glee Cast (243 plays) : Their cover versions got me to listen to music that I might have missed.
15> Owl City (362 plays) : The new album was very disappointing.
14> Stanfour (264 plays) : No new material, but the old stuff is still amazing.
13> Kate Bush (280 plays) : Via some friends I got to know her music more.
12> Daft Punk (350 plays) : That is all about the TRON soundtrack. Such a fine score.
11> Pet Shop Boys (364 plays) : I’ve become more and more obsessed with some of their songs (and I recognized them in Berlin).
10> Lady Gaga (374 plays) : Her album was okay, but I focussed more on the singles.
09> Sarah McLachlan (390 plays) : Always a gem when it comes to slow and sad music.
08> Céline Dion (426 plays) : It must be the amount of songs I have in my collection that make her so important to my life in music.
07> The Raveonettes (479 plays) : Really liked the new album.
06> Roxette (526 plays) : Although I think it was a small comeback, I was still very happy with a new album.
05> mr.tinoforever (529 plays) : Where should I start? What can I say? Buy his music. It is good and he is a very nice person.
04> Darren Hayes (602 plays) : Wow, I still can’t believe how often I listened to his music.
03> Tom Sinclair (668 plays) : Now that’s an easy case. His EPs and albums proved to be the perfect soundtrack/score to my work life.
02> Madonna (748 plays) : Well, I’m still a fan. (can’t wait for new songs) ^^
01> Thirteen Senses (811 plays) : Another surprise to me. I know that I was sort of addicted to their third album. So that’s why this awesome band is my “artist” of the year 2011. :-)
Songs
20> DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love (Featuring Pitbull) (36 plays) : Well produced and qualified for dance times.
19> I Will Be (37 plays) : When I hear that song, I somehow would like to lay down and sleep. ^^
18> Out of Tune (38 plays) : I love the melancholy of this track.
17> The Beautiful People (39 plays) : One of my favorite Aguilera tracks ever. This one should have been a single.
16> Love Come (42 plays) : Oh, that’s such a sad and great track.
15> Into The Fire - Acoustic (43 plays) : I really listened to that one for hours. So it’s no wonder it had to be among my top 20.
14> Club Can’t Handle Me (Featuring David Guetta) (44 plays) : Damn, that Guetta dude knows how to make me like a Flo Rida song.
13> Send Myself To Sleep (46 plays) : Hm, not the best TS song, but OK.
12> Judas (47 plays) : One of my favorite Gaga songs at the moment.
11> After The Retreat (Acoustic) (51 plays) : Another TS song.
10> Home (Acoustic) (54 plays) : Another TS song.
09> Out There (55 plays) : This TS song is one of the highlights of “Crystal Sounds” and the outro is epic.
08> The Loneliest Star (Acoustic) (63 plays) : This TS song is one of the reasons I’m happy to have ordered the Deluxe Edition of the album.
07> Talk Talk Talk (65 plays) : Definitely one of the best tracks Darren Hayes has ever made.
06> Drive (67 plays) : Ooh, this song was also one of my favorite tracks last year.
05> Higher (Featuring Kylie Minogue) (72 plays) : That’s just thanks to the Kylie feature - I also listened to the solo version, and I wasn’t convinced.
04> Hold It Against Me (75 plays) : Now that was a comeback. Her song was extremely catchy - plus Drum ‘n Base.
03> Hey Baby (Drop It to the Floor) (78 plays) : Hehe, I know this seems a little odd, but this song is the best Pitbull track I ever heard. It even made me take a look at T-Pain’s solo stuff (which is not that good).
02> Born This Way (81 plays) : It was quite difficult to miss this one out, because it was hyped like nothing I’ve seen before. The song was always compared to Madonna’s “Express Yourself” - and I think that’s just a compliment. Anyway... this will easily be one of the most played songs of 2011.
01> Ignite (90 plays) : And here’s my number one. Tbh it’s a bit of a surprise for me. But the song is awesome. And I’m glad it’s different from my most played song of 2010. :-)
Albums
20> The Holiday (123 plays) : That’s a lovely score that I pretty much used when I wanted to read or clean or write.
19> The House (125 plays) : It’s quite impressive for an album from 2010 to still be this much in my playlist. ^^
18> Passive Me, Aggressive You (126 plays) : Indie times. Though I particularly favorited just about 3 songs, this is still one fine record.
17> Rise and Fall (127 plays) : Another leftover from 2010, I guess. But still.. a good one.
16> Goodbye Lullaby (129 plays) : Hm, I can’t really say that this is a good album, but it has some good tracks on it.
15> Zonoscope (130 plays) : More Indie times! The opening and the closing tracks are the best here.
14> Call To Arms (133 plays) : I was really excited for this. And I still can’t believe the story behind it. From reworked gems to anthems and a few experimental additions - this EP has it all. Go convince yourself. :-)
13> Early in the Morning (135 plays) : Another surprise for me. I didn’t think this would be among the top 20. Anyway, this is a good record for hot and lazy summer days. ^^
12> The Invitation (136 plays) : Another life changing record here - I would recommend it to anyone.
11> Ocean Eyes (142 plays) : Hm, yes, apart from the new Owl City stuff, this is the real deal. Time will tell if Adam Young will be this good again.
10> Laws of Illusion (144 plays) : This is another album that basically benefits from a frew great tracks. Just my point of view.
09> Nothing but the Beat (156 plays) : Damn, I still can’t believe how catchy this album turned out to be. He’s like the new Black Eyed Peas - but better (if you ask me).
08> Stand Still (158 plays) : 2 songs are extraordinary. The rest is ok.
07> Electracardiac Arrest (163 plays) : This is simply a piece of art. If you don’t seem to like a song, it grows on you. I couldn’t be more happy with this album.
06> Rush (178 plays) : I wish I knew why it took me so long to find music like this. It’s like totally my wavelength when it comes to instrumental “dreamscapes”. And you can blend it into your daily life. Awesome work.
05> Secret Codes and Battleships (242 plays) : Yep, when an artist is among your top 4, chances are you might find an album by him here. The funny thing though is that I still don’t have the feeling to know that record that good. So that looks like a few more spins to go. ^^
04> Born This Way (251 plays) : Same could be said here. While the singles are very well known, I kind of lost track of the rest.
03> Tron Legacy (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (328 plays) : I refuse to think of what a film “Tron Legacy” would have been without this score. This is definitely my soundtrack of the year.
02> Raven in the Grave (417 plays) : Again I have to say that I’m surprised. Yes, it is a great record and it feels complete. But did I really listen to it so many times?
01> Crystal Sounds (515 plays) : From the moment I heard the stream of the whole album, I knew that it would certainly grow on me. When it finally came out, I was blown away by acoustic versions (bonus tracks) of a few songs. And now I can say that there was no album that kept me scrobbling so much in 2011 like this one by Thirteen Senses. I hope that one day I’ll be able to watch them live.
So... that was my year in music (stats). If you read this far, I hope you found a bit of inspiration or suggestions for your next “Music Monday”. Anyway... have fun.

Normally I would now reminisce about my last week in music. But trust me when I say that there ain’t been much to discuss (apart from the fact that I listened to PlayRadioPlay! a lot).
So this time I’ll focus on the last year instead - my artists, my songs, my albums of 2011. It's all stats!
Artists
20> Kylie Minogue (223 plays) : It took me some time, but I now kind of like her latest album “Aphrodite”.
19> Britney Spears (237 plays) : Though her album “Femme Fatale” was well produced, only the hit singles really mattered to me.
18> Avril Lavigne (241 plays) : Her latest album is still somehow “meh”, although there are a few good tracks on it.
17> The Sounds (242 plays) : Lovely band - and I saw them live!
16> Glee Cast (243 plays) : Their cover versions got me to listen to music that I might have missed.
15> Owl City (362 plays) : The new album was very disappointing.
14> Stanfour (264 plays) : No new material, but the old stuff is still amazing.
13> Kate Bush (280 plays) : Via some friends I got to know her music more.
12> Daft Punk (350 plays) : That is all about the TRON soundtrack. Such a fine score.
11> Pet Shop Boys (364 plays) : I’ve become more and more obsessed with some of their songs (and I recognized them in Berlin).
10> Lady Gaga (374 plays) : Her album was okay, but I focussed more on the singles.
09> Sarah McLachlan (390 plays) : Always a gem when it comes to slow and sad music.
08> Céline Dion (426 plays) : It must be the amount of songs I have in my collection that make her so important to my life in music.
07> The Raveonettes (479 plays) : Really liked the new album.
06> Roxette (526 plays) : Although I think it was a small comeback, I was still very happy with a new album.
05> mr.tinoforever (529 plays) : Where should I start? What can I say? Buy his music. It is good and he is a very nice person.
04> Darren Hayes (602 plays) : Wow, I still can’t believe how often I listened to his music.
03> Tom Sinclair (668 plays) : Now that’s an easy case. His EPs and albums proved to be the perfect soundtrack/score to my work life.
02> Madonna (748 plays) : Well, I’m still a fan. (can’t wait for new songs) ^^
01> Thirteen Senses (811 plays) : Another surprise to me. I know that I was sort of addicted to their third album. So that’s why this awesome band is my “artist” of the year 2011. :-)
Songs
20> DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love (Featuring Pitbull) (36 plays) : Well produced and qualified for dance times.
19> I Will Be (37 plays) : When I hear that song, I somehow would like to lay down and sleep. ^^
18> Out of Tune (38 plays) : I love the melancholy of this track.
17> The Beautiful People (39 plays) : One of my favorite Aguilera tracks ever. This one should have been a single.
16> Love Come (42 plays) : Oh, that’s such a sad and great track.
15> Into The Fire - Acoustic (43 plays) : I really listened to that one for hours. So it’s no wonder it had to be among my top 20.
14> Club Can’t Handle Me (Featuring David Guetta) (44 plays) : Damn, that Guetta dude knows how to make me like a Flo Rida song.
13> Send Myself To Sleep (46 plays) : Hm, not the best TS song, but OK.
12> Judas (47 plays) : One of my favorite Gaga songs at the moment.
11> After The Retreat (Acoustic) (51 plays) : Another TS song.
10> Home (Acoustic) (54 plays) : Another TS song.
09> Out There (55 plays) : This TS song is one of the highlights of “Crystal Sounds” and the outro is epic.
08> The Loneliest Star (Acoustic) (63 plays) : This TS song is one of the reasons I’m happy to have ordered the Deluxe Edition of the album.
07> Talk Talk Talk (65 plays) : Definitely one of the best tracks Darren Hayes has ever made.
06> Drive (67 plays) : Ooh, this song was also one of my favorite tracks last year.
05> Higher (Featuring Kylie Minogue) (72 plays) : That’s just thanks to the Kylie feature - I also listened to the solo version, and I wasn’t convinced.
04> Hold It Against Me (75 plays) : Now that was a comeback. Her song was extremely catchy - plus Drum ‘n Base.
03> Hey Baby (Drop It to the Floor) (78 plays) : Hehe, I know this seems a little odd, but this song is the best Pitbull track I ever heard. It even made me take a look at T-Pain’s solo stuff (which is not that good).
02> Born This Way (81 plays) : It was quite difficult to miss this one out, because it was hyped like nothing I’ve seen before. The song was always compared to Madonna’s “Express Yourself” - and I think that’s just a compliment. Anyway... this will easily be one of the most played songs of 2011.
01> Ignite (90 plays) : And here’s my number one. Tbh it’s a bit of a surprise for me. But the song is awesome. And I’m glad it’s different from my most played song of 2010. :-)
Albums
20> The Holiday (123 plays) : That’s a lovely score that I pretty much used when I wanted to read or clean or write.
19> The House (125 plays) : It’s quite impressive for an album from 2010 to still be this much in my playlist. ^^
18> Passive Me, Aggressive You (126 plays) : Indie times. Though I particularly favorited just about 3 songs, this is still one fine record.
17> Rise and Fall (127 plays) : Another leftover from 2010, I guess. But still.. a good one.
16> Goodbye Lullaby (129 plays) : Hm, I can’t really say that this is a good album, but it has some good tracks on it.
15> Zonoscope (130 plays) : More Indie times! The opening and the closing tracks are the best here.
14> Call To Arms (133 plays) : I was really excited for this. And I still can’t believe the story behind it. From reworked gems to anthems and a few experimental additions - this EP has it all. Go convince yourself. :-)
13> Early in the Morning (135 plays) : Another surprise for me. I didn’t think this would be among the top 20. Anyway, this is a good record for hot and lazy summer days. ^^
12> The Invitation (136 plays) : Another life changing record here - I would recommend it to anyone.
11> Ocean Eyes (142 plays) : Hm, yes, apart from the new Owl City stuff, this is the real deal. Time will tell if Adam Young will be this good again.
10> Laws of Illusion (144 plays) : This is another album that basically benefits from a frew great tracks. Just my point of view.
09> Nothing but the Beat (156 plays) : Damn, I still can’t believe how catchy this album turned out to be. He’s like the new Black Eyed Peas - but better (if you ask me).
08> Stand Still (158 plays) : 2 songs are extraordinary. The rest is ok.
07> Electracardiac Arrest (163 plays) : This is simply a piece of art. If you don’t seem to like a song, it grows on you. I couldn’t be more happy with this album.
06> Rush (178 plays) : I wish I knew why it took me so long to find music like this. It’s like totally my wavelength when it comes to instrumental “dreamscapes”. And you can blend it into your daily life. Awesome work.
05> Secret Codes and Battleships (242 plays) : Yep, when an artist is among your top 4, chances are you might find an album by him here. The funny thing though is that I still don’t have the feeling to know that record that good. So that looks like a few more spins to go. ^^
04> Born This Way (251 plays) : Same could be said here. While the singles are very well known, I kind of lost track of the rest.
03> Tron Legacy (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (328 plays) : I refuse to think of what a film “Tron Legacy” would have been without this score. This is definitely my soundtrack of the year.
02> Raven in the Grave (417 plays) : Again I have to say that I’m surprised. Yes, it is a great record and it feels complete. But did I really listen to it so many times?
01> Crystal Sounds (515 plays) : From the moment I heard the stream of the whole album, I knew that it would certainly grow on me. When it finally came out, I was blown away by acoustic versions (bonus tracks) of a few songs. And now I can say that there was no album that kept me scrobbling so much in 2011 like this one by Thirteen Senses. I hope that one day I’ll be able to watch them live.
So... that was my year in music (stats). If you read this far, I hope you found a bit of inspiration or suggestions for your next “Music Monday”. Anyway... have fun.
COMMENT:
adelicatedegree 19 May 2012, 09:31
I saw Thirteen senses however, my favourite!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen