Continuing my journey into the distant past that I use to call music journal...
____
Another Life
30 Dec 2011, 21:34
Ooops,
Can we just pretend it’s last Monday?

Anyway, my excuse for this lateness is easy: Christmas.
And I also did not scrobble much last week. Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Mark Stoermer : as a Killers fan I was happy to get there news about a free online download of his solo album (title reference). I’m sorry that I left it untouched in my file system until I recently started to give it a try. And it exceeded my expectations.
> David Guetta : I can’t help it. Too much catchiness (apart from mediocre party lyrics)
> U2 : sleepy time playlist
> Queen: ooh, I never thought I would love this band so much. They have amazing songs. And so timeless!
> Darren Hayes : hm, no I wouldn’t call this guilty pleasure. ^^ Tbh I even thought about contributing to his latest fan project.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Glee Cast : Those re-worked Christmas songs really work for me. ^^
> Justin Bieber : Well, I wanted to experience how odd his Xmas album sounds. And yes, it’s sort of strange at times. (but “Pray” is a good song)
> Sarah McLachlan : I’m so happy to know her Christmas record, because it’s one of my favorites.
Most played tracks: nothing to report here, as most of the songs were played only once or twice.
News?
No, not really.
Ooops,
Can we just pretend it’s last Monday?

Anyway, my excuse for this lateness is easy: Christmas.
And I also did not scrobble much last week. Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Mark Stoermer : as a Killers fan I was happy to get there news about a free online download of his solo album (title reference). I’m sorry that I left it untouched in my file system until I recently started to give it a try. And it exceeded my expectations.
> David Guetta : I can’t help it. Too much catchiness (apart from mediocre party lyrics)
> U2 : sleepy time playlist
> Queen: ooh, I never thought I would love this band so much. They have amazing songs. And so timeless!
> Darren Hayes : hm, no I wouldn’t call this guilty pleasure. ^^ Tbh I even thought about contributing to his latest fan project.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Glee Cast : Those re-worked Christmas songs really work for me. ^^
> Justin Bieber : Well, I wanted to experience how odd his Xmas album sounds. And yes, it’s sort of strange at times. (but “Pray” is a good song)
> Sarah McLachlan : I’m so happy to know her Christmas record, because it’s one of my favorites.
Most played tracks: nothing to report here, as most of the songs were played only once or twice.
News?
No, not really.
Can we just pretend it’s last Monday?

Anyway, my excuse for this lateness is easy: Christmas.
And I also did not scrobble much last week. Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Mark Stoermer : as a Killers fan I was happy to get there news about a free online download of his solo album (title reference). I’m sorry that I left it untouched in my file system until I recently started to give it a try. And it exceeded my expectations.
> David Guetta : I can’t help it. Too much catchiness (apart from mediocre party lyrics)
> U2 : sleepy time playlist
> Queen: ooh, I never thought I would love this band so much. They have amazing songs. And so timeless!
> Darren Hayes : hm, no I wouldn’t call this guilty pleasure. ^^ Tbh I even thought about contributing to his latest fan project.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Glee Cast : Those re-worked Christmas songs really work for me. ^^
> Justin Bieber : Well, I wanted to experience how odd his Xmas album sounds. And yes, it’s sort of strange at times. (but “Pray” is a good song)
> Sarah McLachlan : I’m so happy to know her Christmas record, because it’s one of my favorites.
Most played tracks: nothing to report here, as most of the songs were played only once or twice.
News?
No, not really.
____
What Do You Want From Me
19 Dec 2011, 16:59
Festive greetings everyone,
you wouldn’t believe what a week I’ve had... again. Yes, that is me telling you I had a bit of a difficult time once more. But that’s how I see it. Anyway... I won’t make a big deal out of it (at least not here) and continue with a brand new

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy: (this time it’s a lot to explain)
> Roxette : see last week’s journal entry.
> Boy : ooh, I dare to say that this German “indie” band reminds me of She & Him a bit... or maybe Laura Marling? Idk, but if you like easy listening, try them.
> Shania Twain : I’m pretty sure that has to do both with my sleepy time playlist and one of my last blog posts (regarding a song project)
> The Naked And Famous : if you never any of their songs, feel free to do yourself a favor and change that. ^^
> Seal : (sleepy time playlist)
> Gypsy & The Cat : see, I’m not much of a fan of Viva (a German channel) anymore, but they have quite a nose for new sounds. Not only was it because of their advertisement that I got to know The Naked And Famous, they also did promote this band (as does Vodafone right now in German cinemas). And you know what? Their music is very nice.
> Take That : Revisited their latest work. Some songs are still catchy. (title reference)
> David Gray : uhm, yeah... (sleepy time playlist)
Stats!
Most played artists:
> David Guetta : Hm. Tbh his last album is so damn catchy. I could easily listen to that whole thing on my way home. Each song could be released and might end up among the top 20.
> M83 : I’ve never heard of them before, but now I’m trying to give them a try. At least a few tracks sounded good for a first listening session.
> Glee Cast : and here it gets festive, as those clever promoters let them produce another Xmas album. And guess what. It’s even quite nice. I never thought I would enjoy a cover version of “Do they know it’s Christmas time at all?”. And don’t forget that original song “Extraordinary merry Christmas”, which sounds right just like another copy of P!nk’s “Raise Your Glass” (was it again Dr Luke?). ^^
Most played tracks:
well, my stats are a little odd here. That is because I used a few songs for sleepy times. But I would not count it as most played because I was partly “unconscious” :-P
News?
Well, if you need anything more to get into a festive mood, check out the Xmas contribution by mr.tinoforever (on youtube). It’s something (electronic) about Santa Claws :-D
CU next week for the last regular entry in 2011 (after that there might be a special post)
Festive greetings everyone,
you wouldn’t believe what a week I’ve had... again. Yes, that is me telling you I had a bit of a difficult time once more. But that’s how I see it. Anyway... I won’t make a big deal out of it (at least not here) and continue with a brand new

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy: (this time it’s a lot to explain)
> Roxette : see last week’s journal entry.
> Boy : ooh, I dare to say that this German “indie” band reminds me of She & Him a bit... or maybe Laura Marling? Idk, but if you like easy listening, try them.
> Shania Twain : I’m pretty sure that has to do both with my sleepy time playlist and one of my last blog posts (regarding a song project)
> The Naked And Famous : if you never any of their songs, feel free to do yourself a favor and change that. ^^
> Seal : (sleepy time playlist)
> Gypsy & The Cat : see, I’m not much of a fan of Viva (a German channel) anymore, but they have quite a nose for new sounds. Not only was it because of their advertisement that I got to know The Naked And Famous, they also did promote this band (as does Vodafone right now in German cinemas). And you know what? Their music is very nice.
> Take That : Revisited their latest work. Some songs are still catchy. (title reference)
> David Gray : uhm, yeah... (sleepy time playlist)
Stats!
Most played artists:
> David Guetta : Hm. Tbh his last album is so damn catchy. I could easily listen to that whole thing on my way home. Each song could be released and might end up among the top 20.
> M83 : I’ve never heard of them before, but now I’m trying to give them a try. At least a few tracks sounded good for a first listening session.
> Glee Cast : and here it gets festive, as those clever promoters let them produce another Xmas album. And guess what. It’s even quite nice. I never thought I would enjoy a cover version of “Do they know it’s Christmas time at all?”. And don’t forget that original song “Extraordinary merry Christmas”, which sounds right just like another copy of P!nk’s “Raise Your Glass” (was it again Dr Luke?). ^^
Most played tracks:
well, my stats are a little odd here. That is because I used a few songs for sleepy times. But I would not count it as most played because I was partly “unconscious” :-P
News?
Well, if you need anything more to get into a festive mood, check out the Xmas contribution by mr.tinoforever (on youtube). It’s something (electronic) about Santa Claws :-D
CU next week for the last regular entry in 2011 (after that there might be a special post)
you wouldn’t believe what a week I’ve had... again. Yes, that is me telling you I had a bit of a difficult time once more. But that’s how I see it. Anyway... I won’t make a big deal out of it (at least not here) and continue with a brand new

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy: (this time it’s a lot to explain)
> Roxette : see last week’s journal entry.
> Boy : ooh, I dare to say that this German “indie” band reminds me of She & Him a bit... or maybe Laura Marling? Idk, but if you like easy listening, try them.
> Shania Twain : I’m pretty sure that has to do both with my sleepy time playlist and one of my last blog posts (regarding a song project)
> The Naked And Famous : if you never any of their songs, feel free to do yourself a favor and change that. ^^
> Seal : (sleepy time playlist)
> Gypsy & The Cat : see, I’m not much of a fan of Viva (a German channel) anymore, but they have quite a nose for new sounds. Not only was it because of their advertisement that I got to know The Naked And Famous, they also did promote this band (as does Vodafone right now in German cinemas). And you know what? Their music is very nice.
> Take That : Revisited their latest work. Some songs are still catchy. (title reference)
> David Gray : uhm, yeah... (sleepy time playlist)
Stats!
Most played artists:
> David Guetta : Hm. Tbh his last album is so damn catchy. I could easily listen to that whole thing on my way home. Each song could be released and might end up among the top 20.
> M83 : I’ve never heard of them before, but now I’m trying to give them a try. At least a few tracks sounded good for a first listening session.
> Glee Cast : and here it gets festive, as those clever promoters let them produce another Xmas album. And guess what. It’s even quite nice. I never thought I would enjoy a cover version of “Do they know it’s Christmas time at all?”. And don’t forget that original song “Extraordinary merry Christmas”, which sounds right just like another copy of P!nk’s “Raise Your Glass” (was it again Dr Luke?). ^^
Most played tracks:
well, my stats are a little odd here. That is because I used a few songs for sleepy times. But I would not count it as most played because I was partly “unconscious” :-P
News?
Well, if you need anything more to get into a festive mood, check out the Xmas contribution by mr.tinoforever (on youtube). It’s something (electronic) about Santa Claws :-D
CU next week for the last regular entry in 2011 (after that there might be a special post)
____
Your Reputation
12 Dec 2011, 16:49
Hey,
you wouldn’t believe what a week I’ve had. Anyway.. this is about the music, which is why I call it

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> William Shatner : whoa, I know what you might think. I even couldn’t explain it to myself. But I was really interested in this kind of “trash music”. His version of “Bohemian Rapsody” (song and video) is partly an abomination and partly hilarious.
> The Naked And Famous : Re-visited their debut album and it still grows on me (apart from the 4 tracks that I already love).
> Jennifer Lopez : Believe it or not, I actually like “On the floor” now. How did this happen? oO
> Gypsy & The Cat : deffo worth checking out. “Gilgamesh” is a pretty sweet indie album.
> Taio Cruz : Oops! That must be a mistake. Did I really hear so much from his latest album? If that’s the case, I’m good at forgetting. ^^
Stats!
Most played artists:
> The Sound of Arrows : I really like the dreamy style of their music. And with the instrumental versions it’s almost better than before.
> Tom Sinclair : where do I start? As if my weekend wouldn’t be exciting enough with an Impro show in England, I also got to meet many nice people - including this artist. And to even top that I was given an unfinished version of his new album. =) Yeeha! That was one of the first things I was looking forward to when I got home yesterday. And luckily the track list still contains one of my favorites (title reference).
> Roxette : Re-visited the glorious “Joyride” days. Apart from a very few flaws that album is truly amazing. A pop gem (to me).
Most played tracks:
> Clockwork : Yes, this slightly odd but epic track was my top track of last week. I especially like the dramatic middle part when the beat stops.
> Into The Fire - Acoustic : Once again this top notch acoustic track made it to one of my top spots. It’s such a brilliant version of an amazing song. I could listen to for hours.
> Wonders (instrumental) : Epic. Instrumental or vocal version? Idc - it’s just great. :-)
News? It’s almost Christmas and I just recently started to use my Xmas playlist. So expect a bit more Sarah (Brightman and McLachlan) next week :-D
Hey,
you wouldn’t believe what a week I’ve had. Anyway.. this is about the music, which is why I call it

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> William Shatner : whoa, I know what you might think. I even couldn’t explain it to myself. But I was really interested in this kind of “trash music”. His version of “Bohemian Rapsody” (song and video) is partly an abomination and partly hilarious.
> The Naked And Famous : Re-visited their debut album and it still grows on me (apart from the 4 tracks that I already love).
> Jennifer Lopez : Believe it or not, I actually like “On the floor” now. How did this happen? oO
> Gypsy & The Cat : deffo worth checking out. “Gilgamesh” is a pretty sweet indie album.
> Taio Cruz : Oops! That must be a mistake. Did I really hear so much from his latest album? If that’s the case, I’m good at forgetting. ^^
Stats!
Most played artists:
> The Sound of Arrows : I really like the dreamy style of their music. And with the instrumental versions it’s almost better than before.
> Tom Sinclair : where do I start? As if my weekend wouldn’t be exciting enough with an Impro show in England, I also got to meet many nice people - including this artist. And to even top that I was given an unfinished version of his new album. =) Yeeha! That was one of the first things I was looking forward to when I got home yesterday. And luckily the track list still contains one of my favorites (title reference).
> Roxette : Re-visited the glorious “Joyride” days. Apart from a very few flaws that album is truly amazing. A pop gem (to me).
Most played tracks:
> Clockwork : Yes, this slightly odd but epic track was my top track of last week. I especially like the dramatic middle part when the beat stops.
> Into The Fire - Acoustic : Once again this top notch acoustic track made it to one of my top spots. It’s such a brilliant version of an amazing song. I could listen to for hours.
> Wonders (instrumental) : Epic. Instrumental or vocal version? Idc - it’s just great. :-)
News? It’s almost Christmas and I just recently started to use my Xmas playlist. So expect a bit more Sarah (Brightman and McLachlan) next week :-D
you wouldn’t believe what a week I’ve had. Anyway.. this is about the music, which is why I call it

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> William Shatner : whoa, I know what you might think. I even couldn’t explain it to myself. But I was really interested in this kind of “trash music”. His version of “Bohemian Rapsody” (song and video) is partly an abomination and partly hilarious.
> The Naked And Famous : Re-visited their debut album and it still grows on me (apart from the 4 tracks that I already love).
> Jennifer Lopez : Believe it or not, I actually like “On the floor” now. How did this happen? oO
> Gypsy & The Cat : deffo worth checking out. “Gilgamesh” is a pretty sweet indie album.
> Taio Cruz : Oops! That must be a mistake. Did I really hear so much from his latest album? If that’s the case, I’m good at forgetting. ^^
Stats!
Most played artists:
> The Sound of Arrows : I really like the dreamy style of their music. And with the instrumental versions it’s almost better than before.
> Tom Sinclair : where do I start? As if my weekend wouldn’t be exciting enough with an Impro show in England, I also got to meet many nice people - including this artist. And to even top that I was given an unfinished version of his new album. =) Yeeha! That was one of the first things I was looking forward to when I got home yesterday. And luckily the track list still contains one of my favorites (title reference).
> Roxette : Re-visited the glorious “Joyride” days. Apart from a very few flaws that album is truly amazing. A pop gem (to me).
Most played tracks:
> Clockwork : Yes, this slightly odd but epic track was my top track of last week. I especially like the dramatic middle part when the beat stops.
> Into The Fire - Acoustic : Once again this top notch acoustic track made it to one of my top spots. It’s such a brilliant version of an amazing song. I could listen to for hours.
> Wonders (instrumental) : Epic. Instrumental or vocal version? Idc - it’s just great. :-)
News? It’s almost Christmas and I just recently started to use my Xmas playlist. So expect a bit more Sarah (Brightman and McLachlan) next week :-D
____
Overjoyed
5 Dec 2011, 20:06
Ahoy,
there’s not really an introduction for this week’s

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Hard-Fi : most of their new songs are still growing on me.
> Hans Zimmer : we had a few stressy times at the office. That’s why Inception score was welcome.
> Nickelback : the new album isn’t so bad after a few spins.
> Hey Hey My My : re-visited their sound, but I remembered it differently.
> Alice Cooper : there was a good review of his latest album. So I thought I should give it a try (the Ke$ha feature was just a bonus). I didn’t expect it to be so catchy.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Eddplant : yeah, another youtube related artist on my playlist. And with his latest release (an acoustic EP) he even made it to the top spot. I really like his voice. And I’ve seen him live. :-)
> Tom Sinclair : oh, look who’s back again. Well, actually I’m still waiting for the real comeback (new album, please). But then again, I can still take an “audio bath” in his other songs.
> The Sound of Arrows : what a coincidence! I just unboxed my copy of the double disc edition of their album “Voyage” - I already had the the deluxe version digitally, but the physical version features all regular album tracks as instrumental. How could I say no? :-D
Most played tracks:
> Your Reputation : 2 words - awesome track!
> Overjoyed : ooh, and this Bastille song is also a great recommendation for indie pop lovers.
> Untitled (Can’t Find The Words) : I’m referring to the acoustic version of this new EP. For me it’s one of the best tracks on it. But this song is also featured on his last album. But tbh I can’t remember the original version right now. ^^
News?
No, thanks. I’m already late for my weekly pub quiz evening. :-D
Ahoy,
there’s not really an introduction for this week’s

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Hard-Fi : most of their new songs are still growing on me.
> Hans Zimmer : we had a few stressy times at the office. That’s why Inception score was welcome.
> Nickelback : the new album isn’t so bad after a few spins.
> Hey Hey My My : re-visited their sound, but I remembered it differently.
> Alice Cooper : there was a good review of his latest album. So I thought I should give it a try (the Ke$ha feature was just a bonus). I didn’t expect it to be so catchy.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Eddplant : yeah, another youtube related artist on my playlist. And with his latest release (an acoustic EP) he even made it to the top spot. I really like his voice. And I’ve seen him live. :-)
> Tom Sinclair : oh, look who’s back again. Well, actually I’m still waiting for the real comeback (new album, please). But then again, I can still take an “audio bath” in his other songs.
> The Sound of Arrows : what a coincidence! I just unboxed my copy of the double disc edition of their album “Voyage” - I already had the the deluxe version digitally, but the physical version features all regular album tracks as instrumental. How could I say no? :-D
Most played tracks:
> Your Reputation : 2 words - awesome track!
> Overjoyed : ooh, and this Bastille song is also a great recommendation for indie pop lovers.
> Untitled (Can’t Find The Words) : I’m referring to the acoustic version of this new EP. For me it’s one of the best tracks on it. But this song is also featured on his last album. But tbh I can’t remember the original version right now. ^^
News?
No, thanks. I’m already late for my weekly pub quiz evening. :-D
there’s not really an introduction for this week’s

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Hard-Fi : most of their new songs are still growing on me.
> Hans Zimmer : we had a few stressy times at the office. That’s why Inception score was welcome.
> Nickelback : the new album isn’t so bad after a few spins.
> Hey Hey My My : re-visited their sound, but I remembered it differently.
> Alice Cooper : there was a good review of his latest album. So I thought I should give it a try (the Ke$ha feature was just a bonus). I didn’t expect it to be so catchy.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Eddplant : yeah, another youtube related artist on my playlist. And with his latest release (an acoustic EP) he even made it to the top spot. I really like his voice. And I’ve seen him live. :-)
> Tom Sinclair : oh, look who’s back again. Well, actually I’m still waiting for the real comeback (new album, please). But then again, I can still take an “audio bath” in his other songs.
> The Sound of Arrows : what a coincidence! I just unboxed my copy of the double disc edition of their album “Voyage” - I already had the the deluxe version digitally, but the physical version features all regular album tracks as instrumental. How could I say no? :-D
Most played tracks:
> Your Reputation : 2 words - awesome track!
> Overjoyed : ooh, and this Bastille song is also a great recommendation for indie pop lovers.
> Untitled (Can’t Find The Words) : I’m referring to the acoustic version of this new EP. For me it’s one of the best tracks on it. But this song is also featured on his last album. But tbh I can’t remember the original version right now. ^^
News?
No, thanks. I’m already late for my weekly pub quiz evening. :-D
____
Laura Palmer
29 Nov 2011, 00:10
Good evening
due to a lack of sleep I just can’t help to make this another short

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Nickelback : a new album is out there. And it has some nice tracks on it.
> The Bird and the Bee : tried their kind of music. It’s nice.
> Kate Bush : sleepy time helper.
> Nena : sleepy time helper.
> Damien Rice : sleepy time helper.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Will Young : I’m surprised how addicted I got to his latest album, which seems to be perfect for Autumn days.
> Darren Hayes : well, I’m still getting to know the new album and all the bonus tracks. ^^
> Bastille : never heard of them before, but the EP that was recommended to me is just epic.
Most played tracks:
> Blind Faith (Instrumental) : I’m really to have found the instrumental version of the super track. I like it better than the original one.
> Laura Palmer : That’s an amazing indie song everyone should give a try.
News?
I watched the American Music Awards that had possibly the best J-Lo performance ever. Apart from that it was ok. Nothing special. Even the world premiere of will.i.am’s new song was underwhelming.
In other news: a new Cher album will not come out before 2012 :-/
Good evening
due to a lack of sleep I just can’t help to make this another short

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Nickelback : a new album is out there. And it has some nice tracks on it.
> The Bird and the Bee : tried their kind of music. It’s nice.
> Kate Bush : sleepy time helper.
> Nena : sleepy time helper.
> Damien Rice : sleepy time helper.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Will Young : I’m surprised how addicted I got to his latest album, which seems to be perfect for Autumn days.
> Darren Hayes : well, I’m still getting to know the new album and all the bonus tracks. ^^
> Bastille : never heard of them before, but the EP that was recommended to me is just epic.
Most played tracks:
> Blind Faith (Instrumental) : I’m really to have found the instrumental version of the super track. I like it better than the original one.
> Laura Palmer : That’s an amazing indie song everyone should give a try.
News?
I watched the American Music Awards that had possibly the best J-Lo performance ever. Apart from that it was ok. Nothing special. Even the world premiere of will.i.am’s new song was underwhelming.
In other news: a new Cher album will not come out before 2012 :-/
due to a lack of sleep I just can’t help to make this another short

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Nickelback : a new album is out there. And it has some nice tracks on it.
> The Bird and the Bee : tried their kind of music. It’s nice.
> Kate Bush : sleepy time helper.
> Nena : sleepy time helper.
> Damien Rice : sleepy time helper.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Will Young : I’m surprised how addicted I got to his latest album, which seems to be perfect for Autumn days.
> Darren Hayes : well, I’m still getting to know the new album and all the bonus tracks. ^^
> Bastille : never heard of them before, but the EP that was recommended to me is just epic.
Most played tracks:
> Blind Faith (Instrumental) : I’m really to have found the instrumental version of the super track. I like it better than the original one.
> Laura Palmer : That’s an amazing indie song everyone should give a try.
News?
I watched the American Music Awards that had possibly the best J-Lo performance ever. Apart from that it was ok. Nothing special. Even the world premiere of will.i.am’s new song was underwhelming.
In other news: a new Cher album will not come out before 2012 :-/
____
Not As We
21 Nov 2011, 23:36
Hello,
there’s not much of an introduction for this week’s

Last week (and the time before) in covers

Noteworthy:
> James Vincent McMorrow : I really should give his whole record another spin and not just the songs I like the most. ^^
> Avril Lavigne : her second album was so good.
> The Sound of Arrows : ooh, I almost forgot about them. Sorry. ^^
> Tom Waits : well, it’s really not that easy to get into his tunes.
> Minnie Driver : yes, she has given me some of the most relaxing songs I know.
> Das Pop : oh, here you have a very talented Indie band. Give them a try.
> Britney Spears : she (or her management) released a collection of new remixes, that are not that bad.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Madonna : That would be more often the case, if I would scrobble stats from my iPod more frequently. There are many songs on it :-)
> Thirteen Senses : I’d really like to have some kind of fan shirt, but I don’t like the available ones. Maybe I’ll make a shirt on my own.
> Tina Turner : Ooh, long time no listen. I re-visited her “In your wildest dreams” days and it was just pure magic. I love the way how timeless the songs are. At least I think they are timeless.
Most played tracks:
> Your Reputation : what the fuck? I kind of got to that “tweet for a song” thingy by accident, and now I want more new songs.
> Not As We (Radio Edit) : tbh this was the first song I was listening to on my birthday last week - a couple of times. Idk - maybe I just need a few moments of sadness right now.
News?
Well, yes, there were the American Music Awards. But I didn’t get to see them yet. I just heard on the news that Taylor Swift was a major winner that evening, which is kind of hard for me to understand, because I think that there are better artist in the US right now. Anyway, I’m looking forward to a great show.
Hello,
there’s not much of an introduction for this week’s

Last week (and the time before) in covers

Noteworthy:
> James Vincent McMorrow : I really should give his whole record another spin and not just the songs I like the most. ^^
> Avril Lavigne : her second album was so good.
> The Sound of Arrows : ooh, I almost forgot about them. Sorry. ^^
> Tom Waits : well, it’s really not that easy to get into his tunes.
> Minnie Driver : yes, she has given me some of the most relaxing songs I know.
> Das Pop : oh, here you have a very talented Indie band. Give them a try.
> Britney Spears : she (or her management) released a collection of new remixes, that are not that bad.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Madonna : That would be more often the case, if I would scrobble stats from my iPod more frequently. There are many songs on it :-)
> Thirteen Senses : I’d really like to have some kind of fan shirt, but I don’t like the available ones. Maybe I’ll make a shirt on my own.
> Tina Turner : Ooh, long time no listen. I re-visited her “In your wildest dreams” days and it was just pure magic. I love the way how timeless the songs are. At least I think they are timeless.
Most played tracks:
> Your Reputation : what the fuck? I kind of got to that “tweet for a song” thingy by accident, and now I want more new songs.
> Not As We (Radio Edit) : tbh this was the first song I was listening to on my birthday last week - a couple of times. Idk - maybe I just need a few moments of sadness right now.
News?
Well, yes, there were the American Music Awards. But I didn’t get to see them yet. I just heard on the news that Taylor Swift was a major winner that evening, which is kind of hard for me to understand, because I think that there are better artist in the US right now. Anyway, I’m looking forward to a great show.
there’s not much of an introduction for this week’s

Last week (and the time before) in covers

Noteworthy:
> James Vincent McMorrow : I really should give his whole record another spin and not just the songs I like the most. ^^
> Avril Lavigne : her second album was so good.
> The Sound of Arrows : ooh, I almost forgot about them. Sorry. ^^
> Tom Waits : well, it’s really not that easy to get into his tunes.
> Minnie Driver : yes, she has given me some of the most relaxing songs I know.
> Das Pop : oh, here you have a very talented Indie band. Give them a try.
> Britney Spears : she (or her management) released a collection of new remixes, that are not that bad.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Madonna : That would be more often the case, if I would scrobble stats from my iPod more frequently. There are many songs on it :-)
> Thirteen Senses : I’d really like to have some kind of fan shirt, but I don’t like the available ones. Maybe I’ll make a shirt on my own.
> Tina Turner : Ooh, long time no listen. I re-visited her “In your wildest dreams” days and it was just pure magic. I love the way how timeless the songs are. At least I think they are timeless.
Most played tracks:
> Your Reputation : what the fuck? I kind of got to that “tweet for a song” thingy by accident, and now I want more new songs.
> Not As We (Radio Edit) : tbh this was the first song I was listening to on my birthday last week - a couple of times. Idk - maybe I just need a few moments of sadness right now.
News?
Well, yes, there were the American Music Awards. But I didn’t get to see them yet. I just heard on the news that Taylor Swift was a major winner that evening, which is kind of hard for me to understand, because I think that there are better artist in the US right now. Anyway, I’m looking forward to a great show.
____
Give Me All Your Love
14 Nov 2011, 20:06
Hi there,
so I’m back after another historically busy week - to put my thoughts into an article I call

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> James Vincent McMorrow : used his mellow songs for sleepy times.
> Chase & Status : found out that MTV used an instrumental version of “Blind Faith” when they ran the credits of the 2011 EMAs. So I had to check their music out.
> Avril Lavigne : because of Tom Milsom’s many Avril related tumblr posts, I felt the need to re-visit her second album, which is better than I had in mind.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Sebastian : Sorry, but due to lots of busy moments I can’t really remember what’s so good about his music. Will do that later.
> The Sound of Arrows : The new album arrived. I got my download when I was in London. ^^ And it’s magical.
> Darren Hayes : Still not listened to all the bonus tracks :-/
Most played tracks: (it was just one actually)
> Give Me All Your Love : Now that was like an early birthday present - a new Madonna song (that leaked). It’s very catchy.
(a very small) EMA recap:
a disappointing Gaga, a heartless Amy Winehouse tribute, a surprisingly good performance by Snow Patrol and a very mediocre host. And if that wasn’t enough - many winners already had their moments in 2011.
Hi there,
so I’m back after another historically busy week - to put my thoughts into an article I call

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> James Vincent McMorrow : used his mellow songs for sleepy times.
> Chase & Status : found out that MTV used an instrumental version of “Blind Faith” when they ran the credits of the 2011 EMAs. So I had to check their music out.
> Avril Lavigne : because of Tom Milsom’s many Avril related tumblr posts, I felt the need to re-visit her second album, which is better than I had in mind.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Sebastian : Sorry, but due to lots of busy moments I can’t really remember what’s so good about his music. Will do that later.
> The Sound of Arrows : The new album arrived. I got my download when I was in London. ^^ And it’s magical.
> Darren Hayes : Still not listened to all the bonus tracks :-/
Most played tracks: (it was just one actually)
> Give Me All Your Love : Now that was like an early birthday present - a new Madonna song (that leaked). It’s very catchy.
(a very small) EMA recap:
a disappointing Gaga, a heartless Amy Winehouse tribute, a surprisingly good performance by Snow Patrol and a very mediocre host. And if that wasn’t enough - many winners already had their moments in 2011.
so I’m back after another historically busy week - to put my thoughts into an article I call

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> James Vincent McMorrow : used his mellow songs for sleepy times.
> Chase & Status : found out that MTV used an instrumental version of “Blind Faith” when they ran the credits of the 2011 EMAs. So I had to check their music out.
> Avril Lavigne : because of Tom Milsom’s many Avril related tumblr posts, I felt the need to re-visit her second album, which is better than I had in mind.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Sebastian : Sorry, but due to lots of busy moments I can’t really remember what’s so good about his music. Will do that later.
> The Sound of Arrows : The new album arrived. I got my download when I was in London. ^^ And it’s magical.
> Darren Hayes : Still not listened to all the bonus tracks :-/
Most played tracks: (it was just one actually)
> Give Me All Your Love : Now that was like an early birthday present - a new Madonna song (that leaked). It’s very catchy.
(a very small) EMA recap:
a disappointing Gaga, a heartless Amy Winehouse tribute, a surprisingly good performance by Snow Patrol and a very mediocre host. And if that wasn’t enough - many winners already had their moments in 2011.
____
Special Needs
7 Nov 2011, 00:59
Hello,
so this time I’m very early with my entry, because I will be totally busy for the rest of the day.
And it’s also a short

Stats!
Most played artists:
> Florence + the Machine : two words: new album.
> Darren Hayes : my copy of the Deluxe Version of his new album arrived. :-)
> Wilco : have read a great review of their music. That’s why I’m trying to get to know their sound.
Most played tracks:
> See Me : such a great song - especially when you’d like to get some sleep (or just can’t stop thinking).
> Special Needs : one of my favorite Placebo songs. I like the piano tune in the background.
News:
Just a few more hours and then I can finally listen to the debut album of The Sound of Arrows. :-)
Oh, and the EMAs took place last night. But I wasn’t really able to follow the show. That’s why my review to that will be posted later (or next week).
Hello,
so this time I’m very early with my entry, because I will be totally busy for the rest of the day.
And it’s also a short

Stats!
Most played artists:
> Florence + the Machine : two words: new album.
> Darren Hayes : my copy of the Deluxe Version of his new album arrived. :-)
> Wilco : have read a great review of their music. That’s why I’m trying to get to know their sound.
Most played tracks:
> See Me : such a great song - especially when you’d like to get some sleep (or just can’t stop thinking).
> Special Needs : one of my favorite Placebo songs. I like the piano tune in the background.
News:
Just a few more hours and then I can finally listen to the debut album of The Sound of Arrows. :-)
Oh, and the EMAs took place last night. But I wasn’t really able to follow the show. That’s why my review to that will be posted later (or next week).
so this time I’m very early with my entry, because I will be totally busy for the rest of the day.
And it’s also a short

Stats!
Most played artists:
> Florence + the Machine : two words: new album.
> Darren Hayes : my copy of the Deluxe Version of his new album arrived. :-)
> Wilco : have read a great review of their music. That’s why I’m trying to get to know their sound.
Most played tracks:
> See Me : such a great song - especially when you’d like to get some sleep (or just can’t stop thinking).
> Special Needs : one of my favorite Placebo songs. I like the piano tune in the background.
News:
Just a few more hours and then I can finally listen to the debut album of The Sound of Arrows. :-)
Oh, and the EMAs took place last night. But I wasn’t really able to follow the show. That’s why my review to that will be posted later (or next week).
____
Vorbei ist es nie
1 Nov 2011, 01:00
As I’m in my holidays, I won’t apologize for this very late

Unfortunately there’s still a problem with the cover art mixing service... so I can jump right to the...
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Darren Hayes : new songs... finally. It’s nice to get to know them.
> Justice : the new tracks are interesting, but also kind of similar after the first spin.
> Céline Dion : used some of her French songs as sleepy time help.
Most played tracks:
> Tu nages : not the best song of Céline’s French discography.
> I Still Remain : love that one.
> Vorbei Ist Es Nie : wow, that song really surprised me because of its “dark theme”.
News:
there’s a new Coldplay album. Can’t wait to hear that. Also, Justice, Kelly Clarkson, Evanescence and Florence + the Machine are back with brand new tracks. And... Justin Bieber is “destroying” Christmas culture by remixing several classics on his new album.
I try to review some of that for next week’s entry.
As I’m in my holidays, I won’t apologize for this very late

Unfortunately there’s still a problem with the cover art mixing service... so I can jump right to the...
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Darren Hayes : new songs... finally. It’s nice to get to know them.
> Justice : the new tracks are interesting, but also kind of similar after the first spin.
> Céline Dion : used some of her French songs as sleepy time help.
Most played tracks:
> Tu nages : not the best song of Céline’s French discography.
> I Still Remain : love that one.
> Vorbei Ist Es Nie : wow, that song really surprised me because of its “dark theme”.
News:
there’s a new Coldplay album. Can’t wait to hear that. Also, Justice, Kelly Clarkson, Evanescence and Florence + the Machine are back with brand new tracks. And... Justin Bieber is “destroying” Christmas culture by remixing several classics on his new album.
I try to review some of that for next week’s entry.

Unfortunately there’s still a problem with the cover art mixing service... so I can jump right to the...
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Darren Hayes : new songs... finally. It’s nice to get to know them.
> Justice : the new tracks are interesting, but also kind of similar after the first spin.
> Céline Dion : used some of her French songs as sleepy time help.
Most played tracks:
> Tu nages : not the best song of Céline’s French discography.
> I Still Remain : love that one.
> Vorbei Ist Es Nie : wow, that song really surprised me because of its “dark theme”.
News:
there’s a new Coldplay album. Can’t wait to hear that. Also, Justice, Kelly Clarkson, Evanescence and Florence + the Machine are back with brand new tracks. And... Justin Bieber is “destroying” Christmas culture by remixing several classics on his new album.
I try to review some of that for next week’s entry.
____
Secret Codes And Battleships
24 Oct 2011, 19:55
Hello there,
so tonight I’m taking my time to write a better

No last week in covers... that service thingy is currently broken.
That means I can fully concentrate on my...
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Daft Punk : two words: TRON soundtrack! :-)
> Hans Zimmer : I used one of his mellow scores as background music for a kind of gathering.
> Udo Jürgens : ooh, these days I’m kinda into this kind of music, which is timeless and features witty lyrics that are not dumb.
Most played tracks: (hardly sleepy-time-related)
> I Will Be : one of my favorite tracks of their first album “Wild Life” and it should not be mixed up with that Leona Lewis / Avril Lavigne song. It’s just better.
> All : funny story... I heard that song a couple of times, just to find myself humming this tune on the weekend without actually knowing the title. I just knew it was by Tom Sinclair. So I had to go through a few of his tracks until I found out that it was the same track I had on repeat a few days before. ^^
> Oktoberwind : is there a better title for this month than “October wind”? But apart from that, it’s also very beautifully written. It deals with the ending summer and warm Autumn times and a wish for the next Spring. Just lovely.
News?
Today I could download my pre-order digital copy of Darren Hayes’ new album (title reference). And I can’t wait to actually listen to all tracks. But so far I’ve been busy with work and stuff.
I wasn’t even able to check out the new Tom Waits tracks that were highly recommended by a German music review site.
Instead I gave Maria Mena’s new songs a spin, which was quite nice.
Hello there,
so tonight I’m taking my time to write a better

No last week in covers... that service thingy is currently broken.
That means I can fully concentrate on my...
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Daft Punk : two words: TRON soundtrack! :-)
> Hans Zimmer : I used one of his mellow scores as background music for a kind of gathering.
> Udo Jürgens : ooh, these days I’m kinda into this kind of music, which is timeless and features witty lyrics that are not dumb.
Most played tracks: (hardly sleepy-time-related)
> I Will Be : one of my favorite tracks of their first album “Wild Life” and it should not be mixed up with that Leona Lewis / Avril Lavigne song. It’s just better.
> All : funny story... I heard that song a couple of times, just to find myself humming this tune on the weekend without actually knowing the title. I just knew it was by Tom Sinclair. So I had to go through a few of his tracks until I found out that it was the same track I had on repeat a few days before. ^^
> Oktoberwind : is there a better title for this month than “October wind”? But apart from that, it’s also very beautifully written. It deals with the ending summer and warm Autumn times and a wish for the next Spring. Just lovely.
News?
Today I could download my pre-order digital copy of Darren Hayes’ new album (title reference). And I can’t wait to actually listen to all tracks. But so far I’ve been busy with work and stuff.
I wasn’t even able to check out the new Tom Waits tracks that were highly recommended by a German music review site.
Instead I gave Maria Mena’s new songs a spin, which was quite nice.
so tonight I’m taking my time to write a better

No last week in covers... that service thingy is currently broken.
That means I can fully concentrate on my...
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Daft Punk : two words: TRON soundtrack! :-)
> Hans Zimmer : I used one of his mellow scores as background music for a kind of gathering.
> Udo Jürgens : ooh, these days I’m kinda into this kind of music, which is timeless and features witty lyrics that are not dumb.
Most played tracks: (hardly sleepy-time-related)
> I Will Be : one of my favorite tracks of their first album “Wild Life” and it should not be mixed up with that Leona Lewis / Avril Lavigne song. It’s just better.
> All : funny story... I heard that song a couple of times, just to find myself humming this tune on the weekend without actually knowing the title. I just knew it was by Tom Sinclair. So I had to go through a few of his tracks until I found out that it was the same track I had on repeat a few days before. ^^
> Oktoberwind : is there a better title for this month than “October wind”? But apart from that, it’s also very beautifully written. It deals with the ending summer and warm Autumn times and a wish for the next Spring. Just lovely.
News?
Today I could download my pre-order digital copy of Darren Hayes’ new album (title reference). And I can’t wait to actually listen to all tracks. But so far I’ve been busy with work and stuff.
I wasn’t even able to check out the new Tom Waits tracks that were highly recommended by a German music review site.
Instead I gave Maria Mena’s new songs a spin, which was quite nice.
____
Smile
18 Oct 2011, 00:01
Yes,
a new level of lateness, but still one truly unique

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Adele : Getting used to her.
> Hans Zimmer : Integrated into the work day.
> Udo Jürgens : Tried his last album once more.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Tom Sinclair : Still waiting for the next album.
> Björk : Not waiting anymore for the latest album obv.
> Darren Hayes : Just one more week until the new album! =)
Most played tracks:
> Talk Talk Talk : Favorite.
> Shadow of a Doubt : Classic and favorite.
> Smile : Somehow a favorite. ^^
News? No. (too late for that right now)
Yes,
a new level of lateness, but still one truly unique

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Adele : Getting used to her.
> Hans Zimmer : Integrated into the work day.
> Udo Jürgens : Tried his last album once more.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Tom Sinclair : Still waiting for the next album.
> Björk : Not waiting anymore for the latest album obv.
> Darren Hayes : Just one more week until the new album! =)
Most played tracks:
> Talk Talk Talk : Favorite.
> Shadow of a Doubt : Classic and favorite.
> Smile : Somehow a favorite. ^^
News? No. (too late for that right now)
a new level of lateness, but still one truly unique

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Adele : Getting used to her.
> Hans Zimmer : Integrated into the work day.
> Udo Jürgens : Tried his last album once more.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Tom Sinclair : Still waiting for the next album.
> Björk : Not waiting anymore for the latest album obv.
> Darren Hayes : Just one more week until the new album! =)
Most played tracks:
> Talk Talk Talk : Favorite.
> Shadow of a Doubt : Classic and favorite.
> Smile : Somehow a favorite. ^^
News? No. (too late for that right now)
____
Dusk
10 Oct 2011, 23:16
Sorry folks,
unfortunately this is another very late

Last week in (a few) covers:

Noteworthy:
> Zack Hemsey : if you thought, that the Inception score is all by Hans Zimmer, then check out the Mind Heist EP by this artist. It’s as great as the score. (Btw. I can’t tell what came first)
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Daft Punk : TRON score on a Sunday evening.
> James Horner : Titanic score during the week at work.
> Adele : “21” playing while blogging.
Most played tracks:
> Dusk : a sleepy time left-over. ^^ But still a great track.
News? Not this time. :-/
Sorry folks,
unfortunately this is another very late

Last week in (a few) covers:

Noteworthy:
> Zack Hemsey : if you thought, that the Inception score is all by Hans Zimmer, then check out the Mind Heist EP by this artist. It’s as great as the score. (Btw. I can’t tell what came first)
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Daft Punk : TRON score on a Sunday evening.
> James Horner : Titanic score during the week at work.
> Adele : “21” playing while blogging.
Most played tracks:
> Dusk : a sleepy time left-over. ^^ But still a great track.
News? Not this time. :-/
unfortunately this is another very late

Last week in (a few) covers:

Noteworthy:
> Zack Hemsey : if you thought, that the Inception score is all by Hans Zimmer, then check out the Mind Heist EP by this artist. It’s as great as the score. (Btw. I can’t tell what came first)
Stats!
Most played artists:
> Daft Punk : TRON score on a Sunday evening.
> James Horner : Titanic score during the week at work.
> Adele : “21” playing while blogging.
Most played tracks:
> Dusk : a sleepy time left-over. ^^ But still a great track.
News? Not this time. :-/
____
Young Blood
3 Oct 2011, 23:27
Hi,
I almost forgot to write this week’s (ultra late)

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Katie Melua : I wish her last album didn’t have that few let-downs. But it’s still great.
> Edward Shearmur : K-PAX score... I don’t need to say more.
> The Raveonettes : I think that their latest album is perfect for hot days at work.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> blink-182 : A new album and an older track made me put this band back on my playlist.
> James Horner : In case you’re wondering - yes, it was the Titanic score. I listened to it at work.
> Minnie Driver : Also at work I gave her second album another spin. There are some really great songs on it.
Most played tracks: (the iPod edition)
> Young Blood : This is one of my absolute favorites at the moment. I love the high tune.
> Speak to Me (Bassflow Remake) : Every time I’m on the train this song needs to be played. It has really grown on me.
News?
No, not really.
I almost forgot to write this week’s (ultra late)

Last week in covers:

Noteworthy:
> Katie Melua : I wish her last album didn’t have that few let-downs. But it’s still great.
> Edward Shearmur : K-PAX score... I don’t need to say more.
> The Raveonettes : I think that their latest album is perfect for hot days at work.
Stats!
Most played artists:
> blink-182 : A new album and an older track made me put this band back on my playlist.
> James Horner : In case you’re wondering - yes, it was the Titanic score. I listened to it at work.
> Minnie Driver : Also at work I gave her second album another spin. There are some really great songs on it.
Most played tracks: (the iPod edition)
> Young Blood : This is one of my absolute favorites at the moment. I love the high tune.
> Speak to Me (Bassflow Remake) : Every time I’m on the train this song needs to be played. It has really grown on me.
News?
No, not really.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen